Postgame Presser, in which Mullen declines to explain why AR's not starting because "it'll bore you"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just scrolled through this thread. GOLD!!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When all the mullenites were saying people were just being haters on mullen. This is the amateur BS "the haters" were talking about. This is what you fuchers were ignorantly denying with a decade of data that showed exactly who this POS is, he is a better Xs and Os coach than the last two. But that's like saying someone is less condensing than Donkey which is a bar so low ****ing short ass urg can't limbo under it. He carries the worst qualities as the last two he is about as calming and emotionally controlled as Muschamp on the sidelines and as fuching injun level stupid loyal to schitty coaches and stubborn like Butters. If the SEC East wasn't as easy as T's mom what would our record be with this jack ass.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
If you just started a freshman you wouldn’t be a whisperer…. Have to not give them tools and get a 4th round pick so you can claim whisper status after another coach lets loose their recognizable talent and you claim it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you just started a freshman you wouldn’t be a whisperer…. Have to not give them tools and get a 4th round pick so you can claim whisper status after another coach lets loose their recognizable talent and you claim it.
boom.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
... not enough times at bat.? He got a Mullenectomy.?
Fewer than 20 plays/game prevents him from getting a QBR, but it doesn't change 115 yds rushing and 152 yds passing nor does it alter the fact that he was the first freshman in history to get more than 100 yds rushing, more than 100 yds passing while completing all his passes.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhh, the old rub titty grass, Sexy Rexy loved that one.

That play right there is when I knew Rex was going to be the man.

In most cases, that's turnover, often a scoop-n-score. Your normal best case scenario is you fall on it and take the bad sack, but live to try a field goal. Maybe a great play would be grabbing it and running forward a few feet before getting sacked, or maybe even trying to throw it away without getting a grounding penalty.

Nah.

In his FIRST START as a redshirt freshman, Rexy grabbed that ball off the dribble bounce and with a rusher in his face fired a dart for a touchdown. He didn't panic, he secured the ball, avoided the rusher, looked downfield, located his receiver, and had the quick release and arm strength to throw it accurately to a pretty well-covered receiver, all in what felt like the blink of an eye. Boom, touchdown.

This was back when we weren't sure if our QB was going to be the redshirt freshman nobody heard of with the weird name or the much-heralded superstar recruit freshman Brock Berlin. Going into the year, Jesse Palmer was supposed to be the starter but I think he got injured. Rex split time with Brock in relief of Palmer. I remember losing at Mississippi State. This LSU game was Rex's first start. I also think that's the game when Spurrier decided to wear white jerseys at home to force LSU to wear their purple jerseys just to fcuk with them.

Most fans thought Berlin was our future. He was the number one recruit in the entire country. THAT play right there happened and I knew it was going to be the kid from Indiana.

Alex.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
If healthy I believe AR will get more reps this week. If AR outplays Jones against Bama I think you will see them flop with AR starting and Jones coming off the bench.
Mullen is not going to bench Jones because of chatter from fans, I think he feels he owes Jones for sticking with the program and not bailing thru the portal, AR will more than likely end up starting but it will be a process.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
When all the mullenites were saying people were just being haters on mullen. This is the amateur BS "the haters" were talking about. This is what you fuchers were ignorantly denying with a decade of data that showed exactly who this POS is, he is a better Xs and Os coach than the last two. But that's like saying someone is less condensing than Donkey which is a bar so low ****ing short ass urg can't limbo under it. He carries the worst qualities as the last two he is about as calming and emotionally controlled as Muschamp on the sidelines and as fuching injun level stupid loyal to schitty coaches and stubborn like Butters. If the SEC East wasn't as easy as T's mom what would our record be with this jack ass.

I don't know, I think Swonkey vaporizes more then he condenses.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
If healthy I believe AR will get more reps this week. If AR outplays Jones against Bama I think you will see them flop with AR starting and Jones coming off the bench.
Mullen is not going to bench Jones because of chatter from fans, I think he feels he owes Jones for sticking with the program and not bailing thru the portal, AR will more than likely end up starting but it will be a process.

This. And let's be honest, all the articles, talking heads, and fans everywhere saying a change should happen only encourages him to push Emory so he can say "I told you so".

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This. And let's be honest, all the articles, talking heads, and fans everywhere saying a change should happen only encourages him to push Emory so he can say "I told you so".
Secretly I think Dimwit Dan can't wait for AR to fumble or throw his first interception.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks
Mullen's wife just thought grocery shopping was hard before.
I always thought this story was really odd; though no doubt true.
Once upon a time, I had a job that we did not talk about. (Sorry, chatterers it wasn’t that interesting, we just didn’t talk about it.). One time one of my colleague’s wife was on jury duty and refused to say in open court during voir dire what her husband did for a living. The judge got really annoyed with her, but she refused to say anything until she got dragged into chambers and then, and only then, said what he did. My buddy was both embarrassed and proud. Likewise, a coaches wife should generally have no comment for the jackals in the press.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but plenty of apologists on twitter are.
Cmon man! I generally find your foozball posts to be right on the money (and to someone like me educational), but how else can you explain some of CDM’s comments about AR-15?
“Some of his reads were incorrect.” Which one’s Dan? The TD passes or the long TD runs?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Cmon man! I generally find your foozball posts to be right on the money (and to someone like me educational), but how else can you explain some of CDM’s comments about AR-15?
“Some of his reads were incorrect.” Which one’s Dan? The TD passes or the long TD runs?

Don't misunderstand me, and maybe I misunderstood you, but I don't think Dan is hoping for AR to F up so he can do an "I told you so". I think he'd rather force EJ until EJ plays lights out against Vandy. I do think there are plenty of people on the Twitter machine who are so into the coach speak that they do hope for it. The amount of people who blindly follow this line is amazing. I do think what Mullen said is beyond stupid.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Don't misunderstand me, and maybe I misunderstood you, but I don't think Dan is hoping for AR to F up so he can do an "I told you so". I think he'd rather force EJ until EJ plays lights out against Vandy. I do think there are plenty of people on the Twitter machine who are so into the coach speak that they do hope for it. The amount of people who blindly follow this line is amazing. I do think what Mullen said is beyond stupid.
I’m not so sure. CDM has proven himself to be so hard headed that I have no idea what his stance is. The fact that Trask so outplayed FF after the injury in the UK game and thereafter has left me wondering just what the hell CDM is thinking.
Yeah, maybe AR-15 has failed in some of his reads, but results are results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator