Postgame Presser, in which Mullen declines to explain why AR's not starting because "it'll bore you"

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I’m not so sure. CDM has proven himself to be so hard headed that I have no idea what his stance is. The fact that Trask so outplayed FF after the injury in the UK game and thereafter has left me wondering just what the hell CDM is thinking.
Yeah, maybe AR-15 has failed in some of his reads, but results are results.

I think we are actually saying the same things.

I believe we both agree that:
  • Mullen's comments are asinine
  • Results matter more then not throwing the checkdown sometimes
  • Mullen can't wait to pull an "I told you so"
  • AR15 should be the guy
I think the disagreement is the comment on Mullen wanting AR to turn the ball over. I know it's probably hyperbole or maybe not. I think Mullen obviously has made questionable starting decisions at UF.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

• AR15 should be the guy
I think the disagreement is the comment on Mullen wanting AR to turn the ball over. I know it's probably hyperbole or maybe not. I think Mullen obviously has made questionable starting decisions at UF.
I think you are a decent man who sees the best in others - this is to be applauded and admired. I, on the other hand, tend to be a cynical SOB, who thinks people are generally evil and self serving. I can find no other reason for CDM’s foolishness. If it makes you feel any better, I want you to be right and me to be wrong

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I think you are a decent man who sees the best in others - this is to be applauded and admired. I, on the other hand, tend to be a cynical SOB, who thinks people are generally evil and self serving. I can find no other reason for CDM’s foolishness. If it makes you feel any better, I want you to be right and me to be wrong

I think I try to be more positive because I spend my days trying to convince people that perhaps a trial for a DUI is a bad idea when blowing over .3. I need to believe in something.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

• AR15 should be the guy
Good thing I won't be watching this game at home. Otherwise GOD HELP my nice big TV screen if AR throws a pick, and the camera pans over to Cousin with a smug, satisfied, "I told you so" look on his face. :mad:

cousin-eddie.png

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think I try to be more positive because I spend my days trying to convince people that perhaps a trial for a DUI is a bad idea when blowing over .3. I need to believe in something.

Believe that all people are ass holes and expect them to be a disappointment. You will feel better.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Thanks

I always thought this story was really odd; though no doubt true.
Once upon a time, I had a job that we did not talk about. (Sorry, chatterers it wasn’t that interesting, we just didn’t talk about it.). One time one of my colleague’s wife was on jury duty and refused to say in open court during voir dire what her husband did for a living. The judge got really annoyed with her, but she refused to say anything until she got dragged into chambers and then, and only then, said what he did. My buddy was both embarrassed and proud. Likewise, a coaches wife should generally have no comment for the jackals in the press.
Are we gonna let this slide? What job would someone not admit too? Hillary Clinton's charisma coach? AOC's economics professor?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was visibly pissed when AR threw his 1st touch down pass. He looks like John Elway during Tebow mania.
He is just pissed.

Same look he had when Kadarius did his usual 17 yard run on a screen pass then got pulled out bc Mullinz wanted him to run between the blocking receiver and the tight end for a 3 yard gain instead.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
“Some of his reads were incorrect.” Which one’s Dan? The TD passes or the long TD runs?
I loved this quote, as it wraps up the absurdity of this situation perfectly. There’s no doubt in my mind Mullen would bust a nut if AR shattered his leg. You would hear Mullen cry out in ecstasy as the bone made an audible crack.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
What's the point in a 2 qb system when they both bring the same to the table. This isn't Leak and Tebow or Trask and Emory. They do the same things but one is head and shoulder better than the other. Give the damn ball the the possible Heisman candidate and tell Emory he had his shot and didn't earn it.

You can't keep giving players opportunities just because they stayed at your program and waited their turn. Play the best available which is AR15

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mullen wants EJ to be the guy so he can run his entire offense. I think Mullen feels like he’s hamstringing himself with AR because he “doesn’t know the whole playbook”.
From what I’ve seen, AR is worth running a dumb-downed playbook. The guy just makes **** happen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mullen wants EJ to be the guy so he can run his entire offense. I think Mullen feels like he’s hamstringing himself with AR because he “doesn’t know the whole playbook”.
From what I’ve seen, AR is worth running a dumb-downed playbook. The guy just makes **** happen.
I'm guessing part of mullen's playbook is throwing it to the other team. Can't wait till Richardson figures that part out.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Player A: I want to play for a coach who respects seniority, because once I learn from the older players and earn my spot, I don't want some young hotshot coming along and stealing it.

Player B: I want to play for a coach who always plays the most talented, productive player, because that way I will earn my spot right away and will never lose it.

I'm sure most would say, "give me a team of guys with Player B's mentality." So why does any coach want to be seen as the type who holds experience in higher regard than raw talent?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Player A: I want to play for a coach who respects seniority, because once I learn from the older players and earn my spot, I don't want some young hotshot coming along and stealing it.

Player B: I want to play for a coach who always plays the most talented, productive player, because that way I will earn my spot right away and will never lose it.

I'm sure most would say, "give me a team of guys with Player B's mentality." So why does any coach want to be seen as the type who holds experience in higher regard than raw talent?
You just summed up the difference between a coach that is fine with NY6 games and a coach that demands NC games.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Envision how jacked up on confidence everybody would be with the powerful enthusiasm of having AR as their ace in the hole. Our score-leads would allow for dynamic backups to overwhelm each opponent, each game. The UF Program would be elevated like when Tebow was missing some reads and just willing us to win.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.