Prediction: We will win 10 games this season!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n263166 said:
That's not true. Our defense totally dominated them.
Dougie still rockin that Driskel love.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263031 said:
... And now we have added a DC known for giving up huge yardage....

And yet that same DC led the nation in red zone defense and was among the top in total points allowed. Funny how you always conveniently leave that part out.

Seems like he has a bend but don't break style. I'm okay with that. It's served us very well in some of our championship seasons.

I think 6 or 7 wins is realistic this season. Anything more and I'd be really happy. It all hinges on the O'line...which consists of transfers, freshman and minimal numbers and minimal talent from our upperclassman. My heart hopes Summers can work some voodoo magic and get them to play at a high level. My head says that's unlikely. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's because he finished in the top 10 once (not saying alot against the archaic offenses in the SEC west save TAM) and he finished near the bottom all the other years. Chump had one good year too. Cowbell was dancing in the streets to get rid of him and get Manny Diaz back.

I hate bend but don't break defenses. because they always fvkking break. The last two bend but don't break guys we had were Zook and Hoke. Nuff said.

We can fire him soon enough and overcome a shiiitty DC though. Get the offensive ship righted even a little and Mac squeeze Fooley's balls until some real DC salary falls out. Mac will have all the leverage... or both will be fired.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263176 said:
Dougie still rockin that Driskel love.

Dougie????

And what the hell are you talking about??? You relating that to me? I didn't say one word about Driskel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n263164 said:
This thread started off so positive... Then Law happened.

I am now drawing a warm bath and looking for a very sharp razor.
STOP!!!!!

Fifteen wins! Both QBs win Heismans. All our freshmen underrated! Next class all underated too!

All :pumper:

Hang tough, bro.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263180 said:
That's because he finished in the top 10 once (not saying alot against the archaic offenses in the SEC west save TAM) and he finished near the bottom all the other years. Chump had one good year too. Cowbell was dancing in the streets to get rid of him and get Manny Diaz back.

I hate bend but don't break defenses. because they always fvkking break. The last two bend but don't break guys we had were Zook and Hoke. Nuff said.

We can fire him soon enough and overcome a shiiitty DC though. Get the offensive ship righted even a little and Mac squeeze Fooley's balls until some real DC salary falls out. Mac will have all the leverage... or both will be fired.

If he doesn't make it, I suspect they would promote Shannon...for recruiting purposes if nothing else.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Geoff Collins has an attacking defense that tries to get a lot of turnovers. Our defense hasn't been very good at that since 2012 when Quinn was here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
10 wins is not out of the question. It's not very likely, but stranger things have happened. LSU and FSU are troubling, but neither have a proven QB. The next tier would be UGA, Ole Miss, and Mizzou who are all beatable. Not saying we will win 10, but I wouldn't be that surprised if we do. It will require us to stay healthy, maintain our defensive strength, and a big jump in offensive efficiency. A big jump in offense efficiency took a big step forward with the transfer of Driskel. He was a TO waiting to happen on every play.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263184 said:
No, you quoted Dougie.

Ahhhhh, Gottcha!

Yeah, I did notice he deflected the blame from Driskel. That game was completely on Driskel and the offense. To tell you the truth, I don't even blame Driskel. I blame Muschamp for continuing to send him out there when he was clearly imploding. It was 100% Muschamp's fault for marching him out there time and again. I actually felt sorry for the kid at that point.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263188 said:
I agree and it makes me feel dirty. Very dirty.

This kind?

200.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263188 said:
I agree and it makes me feel dirty. Very dirty.

But since we're talking about pulling for a u of miami guy you probably meant this:

giphy.gif

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
bradgator2;n263002 said:
Really... this is your big prediction? Are you actually Pat Dooley? The only thing we'll know after the 1st game is if we are 1-0 or 0-1. You suck at being a troll.

200.gif

I guess you have a hard time with reading comprehension. The Gators first game is an exhibition game, and they will be1-0. The next game is against a team that rolled up 536 yards on UF last year. That's when we'll learn something about this team.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Law98gator;n263031 said:
You can widely regard it as a top defense all you want. It's a defense that got bytchslapped by Bama (worst ever I think and they took 1.5 quarters off) , Mizzu, hell even Georgia Southern. It has basically zero depth at LB with players all of whom have significant injury histories, no true Dts to plug the middle (we have pass rushers not run pluggers like Sharrif or Omar) and safeties that are the laughingstock of the country for their pass coverage buffonery. Yes, we had decent defensive stats last year mostly BC no one even bothered to try to score after they got that nearly insurmountable 9-10 point lead. And now we have added a DC known for giving up huge yardage.

The OL? Likely the worst in modern SEC history

Buckle up and pray we don't have 5 freshmen on the field BC it is a realistic possibility. The fact that a transfer whose other option was William and Mary will likely be our best OL should tell you everything.

The fact that basically no objective expert thinks we are better than 7-6 should also tell you something.

Kyle Jackson, Deonte, Debose , and Jeff Driskel were 5 stars. I don't give a crap about recruit rankings based on what kids looked like in HS.

Wrong! The vaunted transfer Mason Halter is someone UF flipped from Old Dominion, not William & Mary. There's a difference, I think.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n263092 said:
We have drastically downgraded our OL (except for RG but even those guys are obviously just as bad as Mary Moore).

And we have downgraded our defensive coach.
I've been posting this picture of our offensive line for about 5 years. If you think last years was markedly better than this year you're crazy. I'm glad to see Moore, Humphries, and the big Hawaiian gone. And I'm excited to see Sharp, Ivey and the DII kid this year more than anything we've trotted out there in a while.

rc4z9l.jpg

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
GatorTAG;n263038 said:
Yes, we have talent all over the field. Bullard is going to ba a beast. VHIII, Tabor, Wilson, Neal May, Dawson, Anzalone, Cox, Brantley, Wildman Davis, Holley, Cece and McAllister is sick on Defense. Robinson, Taylor, McGee, Fulwood, Sharp, Ivey, Halter, Powell, Cronkrite and Grier on Offense. No excuses for a (good) coach to not be able to come in and win.

I guess you didn't understand what Spurrier said, did you? Why would McElwain need more ball players? According to you, UF already has them.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
joeblow;n263228 said:
I guess you didn't understand what Spurrier said, did you? Why would McElwain need more ball players? According to you, UF already has them.
What are you talking about? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator