Prediction: We will win 10 games this season!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n262938 said:
I predict every reason you predict UF to win ten games will turn out to be wrong. UF will again have a mediocre quarterback. That's enough reason in itself, but there are plenty of others. UF will have a losing season. The talent is not there, especially on the line of scrimmage where most games are won or lost. It doesn't matter how good your skill players are if you can't block, and UF doesn't have great skill players, in quantity, with Demarcus Robinson being the only proven one, and even he lacks consistency. The secondary? It looks good on paper, but that was also true last year and the secondary was the reason UF was blown out by Alabama, lost to LSU, and went to triple overtime against Kentucky..McElwain talks a good game, but talk doesn't win games, players do. South Carolina has beat UF four of the past five years. When Spurrier was asked if he had any advice for McElwain, he replied the he needed to "go get some ball players." The players are the same, basically. An influx of freshmen and a guy you flip from Old Dominion isn't enough, so I think UF will again be mediocre this year.

:pumper:Pump that sunshine....

My guess is 7-5 and maybe 8-4 if the ball really bounces are way.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Alagator;n263166 said:
That's not true. Our defense totally dominated them. They held their "O" to like 100 total yards. I think by games end they has amassed like 110 yards or something. That night was yet another "first" set by Muschamp... Something like the first time ever a team had held the opposing team to Less than 120 yards and still lost the game. That game was an absolute freaking nightmare. They were scoring on us left and right from pick sixes and special teams, etc. It was an absolute disaster. But not from the D. The D was friggin amazing that night.

No, the defense was not "friggin amazing" that night. Missouri's defense was amazing since they scored points and kept UF from scoring until it was 42-0 and it didn't matter. UF's defense did neither of those things. Pinkel was smart enough to not even attempt anything on offense after seeing how inept UF was and getting a lead. AS is true of many fans, you fail to see the forest for the trees and fail to realize that statistics don't win games. The same type of nonsense was professed after the loss to Miami, with some folks droning on about stats. The reason you play is to win, and Missouri played "friggin amazing" defense, not Florida. Florida played great defense against East Carolina, when they surrendered 536 yards. In that game UF did make stops that were timely and led to a win. But it sounds like you care more about stats than winning.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n263216 said:
But since we're talking about pulling for a u of miami guy you probably meant this:

giphy.gif
Yeah, I think that's closest.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n263226 said:
Wrong! The vaunted transfer Mason Halter is someone UF flipped from Old Dominion, not William & Mary. There's a difference, I think.
[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9n46CtDmKOg[/video]

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
GatorTAG;n263231 said:
What are you talking about? :crazy:
You list a slew of current UF players and imply that they are good enough to win with. Spurrier, who has beat UF four out the last five years, tells McElwain "he needs to get some ballplayers." Now, if UF already has great players, why would a guy that has whipped UF four out of the past five years tell McElwain that he needs more? I think Spurrier knows from beating UF that the current players on the roster are not good players. He knows that South Carolina shouldn't be able to field better plyers than Florida.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n263087 said:
I guess it's all about optimism versus pessimism, and most of us choose optimism, especially this time of year.

QB - Treon Harris completed 50% of his passes last year so I'm trying to figure out how he got 60% of them batted down or otherwise didn't complete them. Grier was the national HS player of the year and everyone in the United States of America wanted him. While he's unproven, we're not exactly looking at Morningwood or Tyler Murphy or Trey Burton and hoping somehow he can evolve into a title-winning QB. He's the most promising prospect we've had at QB since Tebow/Newton.
RB - Taylor can get it done. The true Freshman will have to be good enough to give him an occasional blow.
WR - Robinson had 58 catches and 7 TD's with Jeff Effing Driskel as his primary QB in a bulltish offense. He's got talent. And who knows what Powell can do as the last staff didn't even bother to try with him. It took Mac and Nuss about ten minutes of spring practice to wonder aloud "this kid can freakin play, why didn't they use him?"
OL - Thurman has played 4 years of SEC football, done it all, seen it all, felt it all. Sharp showed he can handle himself last year. Beyond that, I got nothing.
TE - McGee is good. Lewis and Goolsby are unproven but promising.

Defense:
Secondary - best in America
DL - Deep and talented. Bullard would start on any DL in America, the coaches are raving about Brantley and Bryan. Cox, McAlister, Ivie have all proven they can play well in the SEC.
LB - Morrison is way ahead of schedule and is one of the best LB's in the country. Anzalone is a 6 '4" 245lb beast who can run. Jarrad Davis has been excellent at UF when healthy.

Are we going to Atlanta, I don't think so. But should we be as good as last year in terms of at least 7-8 wins? Yes.

When are we getting your annual Practice Update from your normal trip? That's what I'm waiting on.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
And what else would Spurrier say? That Muschamp was a horrible coach? Or perhaps he could have presented a more eloquent expression of the truth. Yeah Spurrier is known for his tactful ways lol. Of course we need "ballplayers." Everyone does. That doesn't mean we are absent of talent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263176 said:
Dougie still rockin that Driskel love.

Law, Driskel was awful that night too. The whole team was dreadfull. Harris should have started that game, but I'm of the opinion (stated here before) that if the sexual assault thing didn't happen he would have started after Tennesse. Us playing LSU close allowed Muschamp to let Driskel start the Missouri game.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n263166 said:
That's not true. Our defense totally dominated them. They held their "O" to like 100 total yards. I think by games end they has amassed like 110 yards or something. That night was yet another "first" set by Muschamp... Something like the first time ever a team had held the opposing team to Less than 120 yards and still lost the game. That game was an absolute freaking nightmare. They were scoring on us left and right from pick sixes and special teams, etc. It was an absolute disaster. But not from the D. The D was friggin amazing that night.

By the middle of the 3rd quarter, the fans starting clearing out and we started sliding over into the empty seats. By the start of the 4th quarter, I was 50 yard line, 2nd row. Those bastards on the first row never left their seats. I snapped a bunch of pics like this that night:
mushcamp.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n263166 said:

So the defense made those critical stops when they needed to be made? The special teams were excellent right, which is why their were not one, but two returns for touchdowns? Driskel was god awful, but so was the rest of the team. Missouri's offense was pathetic coming into the game, but still made the plays they needed to make. Watch the first 30 minutes of that game again, when a stop needed to be made it was Muschamped. Very similar to how the LSU game went.

Also it was the 2nd time under Muschamp that a team won while having under 120 yards of total offense. He is the only coach to have that happen in at least 30 years according to ESPN.

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
I would be happy with 8 wins...cautiously optimistic if our Oline can jell somewhat. Just give the QB enough time to get their throws off without getting pummeled. Some of this will improve just because Coach Mac will be much more imaginative with his play calling. I'm so psyched right now...just ready to get this ship rolling....

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
joeblow;n263269 said:
You list a slew of current UF players and imply that they are good enough to win with. Spurrier, who has beat UF four out the last five years, tells McElwain "he needs to get some ballplayers." Now, if UF already has great players, why would a guy that has whipped UF four out of the past five years tell McElwain that he needs more? I think Spurrier knows from beating UF that the current players on the roster are not good players. He knows that South Carolina shouldn't be able to field better plyers than Florida.
McElwain ain't winning no championships with the current roster, but that's the standard at UF and Spurrier knows it. What I hear some guys saying is that the roster is so lousy McElwain will be considered a hero if he wins 7 games. I merely pointed out that the roster is no worse than what the last idiot won 8 games with.

As Spurrier said, going forward McElwain will need some really good players to win a championship. And as MJM incessantly points out, my gripe with McElwain is that he's filling up a class full of 2 and 3 stars players before he's ever coached a game here. If he has any confidence in himself why wouldn't he wait and show off his product before doing that? If he does win 10 games this year he will have the power to sign the higher caliber players we need, but unfortunately he'll have limited spots available. This will only drag our recovery from this abyss out longer.

If you would clean the jizz out of your eyes you would see that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shortcast;n263419 said:
I would be happy with 8 wins...cautiously optimistic if our Oline can jell somewhat. Just give the QB enough time to get their throws off without getting pummeled. Some of this will improve just because Coach Mac will be much more imaginative with his play calling. I'm so psyched right now...just ready to get this ship rolling....

Welcome to the board. Nice first post. I think a lot of us are just happy we're starting a new chapter and excited to see what the new staff can do. Don't let the few negative people bring you down under their dark cloud. It isn't pretty under there.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n263422 said:
McElwain ain't winning no championships with the current roster, but that's the standard at UF and Spurrier knows it. What I hear some guys saying is that the roster is so lousy McElwain will be considered a hero if he wins 7 games. I merely pointed out that the roster is no worse than what the last idiot won 8 games with.

As Spurrier said, going forward McElwain will need some really good players to win a championship. And as MJM incessantly points out, my gripe with McElwain is that he's filling up a class full of 2 and 3 stars players before he's ever coached a game here. If he has any confidence in himself why wouldn't he wait and show off his product before doing that? If he does win 10 games this year he will have the power to sign the higher caliber players we need, but unfortunately he'll have limited spots available. This will only drag our recovery from this abyss out longer.

If you would clean the jizz out of your eyes you would see that.
You and TRex continue to embarrass yourselves. You keep claiming "2 and 3 stars", yet no mention of the 4 stars. If I'm not mistaken, they've offered exactly ONE 2* kid, but that constitutes the bulk of the class. :lol: You also say he's filling the class with them. NEWSFLASH...its ****ing August. AUGUST!!!! Not one of these kids has signed a LOI and the kids, nor UF is obligated in any way. Offers can be pulled, commitments can be changed. Let the ****ing guy COACH A GD GAME before you two scared little boys run for the hills. Or better yet, jump on the Semi bandwagon and ride the sh*t out of it.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n263460 said:
You and TRex continue to embarrass yourselves. You keep claiming "2 and 3 stars", yet no mention of the 4 stars. If I'm not mistaken, they've offered exactly ONE 2* kid, but that constitutes the bulk of the class. :lol: You also say he's filling the class with them. NEWSFLASH...its ****ing August. AUGUST!!!! Not one of these kids has signed a LOI and the kids, nor UF is obligated in any way. Offers can be pulled, commitments can be changed. Let the ****ing guy COACH A GD GAME before you two scared little boys run for the hills. Or better yet, jump on the Semi bandwagon and ride the sh*t out of it.

image.png

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MJMGator;n263460 said:
Well said. And to add to it
GatorTAG;n263422 said:
some guys saying is that the roster is so lousy McElwain will be considered a hero if he wins 7 games
Whoever these guys are, they're effing retards. This roster is loaded with future ballers. Go do a print out of the roster then look back at it in 3 years and see how many names are on active rosters. We might suck, especially if we suffer injuries on the O-line or Grier turns out to be the 3rd triplet by a different mother of Brantley and Driskel. But anyone who thinks this is lousy roster is blind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.