Purdue drooling at the opportunity to hire Dan Mullen

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is going to soak up as much of his buyout as he can. I wouldn't expect him to seriously look for employment until the UF money dries up. He's lazy and only coaches for the money, so why coach if he's already making tons of money?

If this high school gets more than 15 minutes of work out of him every week I'll be shocked.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mullen is going to soak up as much of his buyout as he can. I wouldn't expect him to seriously look for employment until the UF money dries up. He's lazy and only coaches for the money, so why coach if he's already making tons of money?

If this high school gets more than 15 minutes of work out of him every week I'll be shocked.

This. As I said, as much as we want to bag in him for what looks like an embarrassing move, the fact is he had no incentive to look for anything right now. Now, I do firmly believe his exit will dent his resume a bit, as will AR potentially killing it this season. But if we’re giving him 6 mil to do nothing, but with clauses in place based on his income, then even a $1 salary at this HS is far better than taking a 2-4 mil job at a step down program, or as an NFL assistant. I hate all of it, but it’s absolutely the smart move.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What if scheming scoundrel Mullin found out there is an 8th grader at that school who is a shoo-in to become a fantastic QB.? In 4 years of Mull's ever by his side grooming, Mullen takes the kid on sunny vacations to various tropical idles. Then Southern Mississippi wins that recruit by taking him with Mullen as the OC.?
And to think I charge no fee for my recruiting services. Mullen ain't too old to fart over somewhere.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I sincerely doubt Cousin Eddie will ever seek employment at any level of D-1 football unless it is very low level like The MAC or Big West etc. He does not want the embarrassment of saying he is interested in a job of a University that people have actually heard of only to be told "NO, We have no interest in you." His only chance of ever coaching at any school that anyone has ever heard of is if that University has someone like Fooley or Strichnine as their AD or FVKKS as the Prez and they reach out to him. Ain't happening.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the problem with eddy is in today's college football landscape, you dont apply for open HC positions, you are identified and courted by the AD. no one is going to be calling for cuzzin eddy.

his career coaching at a respectable level is over.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
the problem with eddy is in today's college football landscape, you dont apply for open HC positions, you are identified and courted by the AD. no one is going to be calling for cuzzin eddy.

This might be it​

59ef7abd4ce10.image.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

This could be the case for sure. I think he still has one more shot at P5 head coach in him, but assuming that doesn’t go well, yeah he’s done. The image of being this offensive genius is so well established that a VT type program may fall for it. But there’s no question his mystique is a fraction of what it was, even just a year ago. People have a hard time with flat out quitting, and that was on full display last season.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a walking joke and a thief. My fantasy is to see him financially ruined, broke and in rags living in the gutter. I want him to approach me one day at a gas station and ask me for change, so I can gleefully tell him to get away from me.
upload_2022-5-18_18-43-30.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This could be the case for sure. I think he still has one more shot at P5 head coach in him, but assuming that doesn’t go well, yeah he’s done. The image of being this offensive genius is so well established that a VT type program may fall for it. But there’s no question his mystique is a fraction of what it was, even just a year ago. People have a hard time with flat out quitting, and that was on full display last season.
This is a well thought out and logical response. But as CMU’s hiring of Butters proved, CFB is rarely well thought out or logical anymore. When it comes to Cousin Eddie, no job short of an elite one would surprise me anymore.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Get ready for this dck head to be calling out games.

I want to facepalm this...but don't want to shoot the messenger.

Who in the hell wants to hear Mullen talk about anything?? Even on the rare occasions he's right, his voice is so grating and his personality so irritating that one just ignores him on sheer principle.

That isn't coming from a disappointed fan--even rival fans can't stand the SOB.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Lake Oconee Academy football fans who like their new OC have started complaining about being bullied by the new member on their message board.

1d2fa435200c2f7fd00f13748c514580--mini-donkey-minis.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, did he already blow off the high school team he was supposed to help? He probably took money from the school and never showed up, then dared them to sue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator