QB Battle

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n259372 said:
2 years?

He's been here 1 year and he was redshirted.

Heard about, not been at Florida.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think he wants to make it seem as though it is neck and neck so that no one transfers? What if Mac were to name Grier the starter now saying there is clear separation? Treon could transfer and that would be devastating to our team this year. Even if Grier is the starter...what happens if and when he is injured if Treon wasn't here?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
after watching that video, i think its safe to say that the deep ball is not our strong suit...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Spurrier interchange QBs in "real-game" time before settling on one player ? Anyway, perhaps Mac is seeing
things in Treon that he wants to be able to augment his Gator Offense with each of the two good QBs. And any team
would love to have a backup QB come in and the offense doesn't drop any or much.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n259255 said:
Yeah, I'm trolling because Jesus Grier hasn't won the starting QB job. All I've heard for years is that he is the real deal. the 2nd coming....etc etc.

ANd because I mention that it is disconcerting...disconcerting(a careful choice of words)...you claim trolling?

Now who is trolling?
AAEAAQAAAAAAAANGAAAAJGYwYjlmY2IwLWFiZjctNDA1OS1iMDdhLWUyNDJmZDQ1YTlkOA.png

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n259466 said:
Didn't Spurrier interchange QBs in "real-game" time before settling on one player ? Anyway, perhaps Mac is seeing
things in Treon that he wants to be able to augment his Gator Offense with each of the two good QBs. And any team
would love to have a backup QB come in and the offense doesn't drop any or much.

Yes he did, and coached them in between plays to some extent. I remember once he was asking the second string QB if he read the defense properly, when he indicated he did in he went.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
GatorJ;n259372 said:
2 years?

He's been here 1 year and he was redshirted.

I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to refrain from that kind of talk. Facts and reality have no place in this discussion, or this forum for that matter. Begone with ye, knave.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
rogdochar;n259466 said:

Yes, SOS coached to the strengths of his QBs--most notably in 97 and that great fsu game in the Swamp. But he would have much rather settled on one guy to run the show; the problem is that guys like Danny and Rex don't grow on trees. Spurrier always needed a QB that could translate the offensive mindset to the field. In my opinion, it had more to do with "moxy" than physical talent. Some guys have it, some don't. But it's something that we can see the first time that QB steps on the field.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n259018 said:
I would like to see the job won at some point before the season starts. I'd like our qb to be confident and the first team offense to have chemistry. If treon moves the offense better , i couldn't care less. My opinion, grier is the more talented from what little I've seen from him.

What the hell have you seen - a set up Spring game which made Skyler look top notch last season? I hope he excels also but I want to see it against real SEC competition first...

Hate to say it but he has been struggling when the defense is allowed to bring it...

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;259644 said:
What the hell have you seen - a set up Spring game which made Skyler look top notch last season? I hope he excels also but I want to see it against real SEC competition first...

Hate to say it but he has been struggling when the defense is allowed to bring it...

I can't agree more with you here, Fever. I think some people forget that without treon we wouldn't have won what we did win last year. Treon was very impressive as a true freshman before his injury. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping Grier performs well as much as the next guy but people who are setting him up to be the starter already and succeed is ridiculous. We haven't even seen the guy take a snap yet. I don't think we will know anything until the Kentucky game. That's when you'll see if Grier can cut it against a half decent defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TheBigClaw;n259653 said:
I don't think we will know anything until the Kentucky game. That's when you'll see if Grier can cut it against a half decent defense.

Coaches will see it in practice, given the strength of our defense (when they are turned loose). My trust in JMac lets me be more comfortable until I see an on-field implosion in a game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n259653 said:
I can't agree more with you here, Fever. I think some people forget that without treon we wouldn't have won what we did win last year. Treon was very impressive as a true freshman before his injury. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping Grier performs well as much as the next guy but people who are setting him up to be the starter already and succeed is ridiculous. We haven't even seen the guy take a snap yet. I don't think we will know anything until the Kentucky game. That's when you'll see if Grier can cut it against a half decent defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We won inspite of treon not because of treon. He went 4-2 as a starter. Didn't finish 2 of those wins. Only threw 6 passes against Georgia and he played decent against vandy. I'll also cut him some slack because the coaching staff could have managed him better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Treon isn't Dan Marino but he's a competent kid who doesn't absolutely fall apart every time he walks on the field like the previous dude. Before he got banged up, his scoring efficiency was pretty good. He is fearless and throws a nice ball even if it floats some. The players trust him. Grier trusts him. They get along well. I have little doubt that they both stay.

We are way better off because we have him.

I know you are trolling but it's stopped being even slightly funny about 6 months ago.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law gets it........on this.........
As for who starts I could care less as long as they can run the team and we look better than the last five years.......

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n259712 said:
Treon isn't Dan Marino but he's a competent kid who doesn't absolutely fall apart every time he walks on the field like the previous dude. Before he got banged up, his scoring efficiency was pretty good. He is fearless and throws a nice ball even if it floats some. The players trust him. Grier trusts him. They get along well. I have little doubt that they both stay.

We are way better off because we have him.

I know you are trolling but it's stopped being even slightly funny about 6 months ago.
Maybe one of your best posts this year. :clap:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n259771 said:
Maybe one of your best posts this year. :clap:
Booooo! Go back to sea world mjm

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users