Raiders Cut Ruggs…Kills Woman and Dog in Suspected DUI

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Yeah, pretty much. Corvette frame is very stiff. The telling sign is that the engine and probably transmission separated cleanly from the frame. This is an engineering priority because the engine block is noncompressible and dashes and peope are.

Also, sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail. The vetta was the hammer the RAV4 the nail.
This New Vette, which is one nice ride, has a mid-engine which probably saved his life.

If it were a front engine, Ruggs would probably have an intake manifold where his face should be.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This New Vette, which is one nice ride, has a mid-engine which probably saved his life.

If it were a front engine, Ruggs would probably have an intake manifold where his face should be.
Totally forgot about midengine.

That aside if he hit an immovable object at 150 there would be little left of that Corvette but he did not he hit a moving vehicle probably with less mass but definitely with less energy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like his crumple zone was the other car
Yeah, that's another issue. We put extreme efforts into crash testing the front of the car, build in crumple zones etc. Offset and side impacts are also tested. We don't really test rear impacts, because... well, when the hell are you going to get hit in the ass by a car doing 155mph?

The gas tank is back there because it must go somewhere and that is the safest spot... unless you get hit in the ass by a car doing 155mph.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, pretty much. Corvette frame is very stiff. The telling sign is that the engine and probably transmission separated cleanly from the frame. This is an engineering priority because the engine block is noncompressible and dashes and peope are.

Also, sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail. The vetta was the hammer the RAV4 the nail.
Yeah, it is obviously very stiff. If you look closely at that pic though, you can clearly see the engine (previously mounted in the middle of the car) sitting where the front-mounted engines would normally be. It slid right between Ruggs and his girlfriend after it broke loose.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A lot of those scratches will buff right out.

tenor.gif

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I’m not much of a car guy, but isn’t that the muffler/exhaust by the front driver’s tire.

Ruggs his lucky he didn’t get his balls ripped off as the engine went under him

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m not much of a car guy, but isn’t that the muffler/exhaust by the front driver’s tire.

Ruggs his lucky he didn’t get his balls ripped off as the engine went under him

They found the overhead cams 30 feet away and it looks like the turbo was separated from the housing and shoved right up the exhaust pipe.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Let me tell you who wasn't lucky, the woman he hit that burned alive in the car. Fk Ruggs, he needs 20 to life. A guy who if a safety hit over the middle like Wright hit Kent...said safety would get fined and kicked out of the game...this mfer hit a woman in the azz at 157 MPH, probably fighting with his ho who caught him trying stick some other chick in the club.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
You may be right actually. But then, all the other message boards that I have been on, and there have been several, posters usually add certain emojis to indicate they are being either funny or sarcastic... But hey, you do you... ;)
Intuition and familiarity must be in short supply on those "other" boards. A sure indicator of a lesser IQ amongst it's members. Stay here and let some of this juju rub off.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Does this really look like the amount of damage a fiberglass car would sustain with an impact of 127 mph?

5ca6ec66-8a1f-44b1-aa33-a0dd14182033-AP_Raiders_Ruggs_Vehicle_Crash_Football_1.jpg

Don't be a Henry Ruggs Truther just because reality doesn't match what you imagine it should look like.

Force equals mass times acceleration and 150mph or 120mph is a sh!t ton of acceleration.

Alex.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Does this really look like the amount of damage a fiberglass car would sustain with an impact of 127 mph?

5ca6ec66-8a1f-44b1-aa33-a0dd14182033-AP_Raiders_Ruggs_Vehicle_Crash_Football_1.jpg
I'd imagine that the front of that car went right underneath the RAV4 and lifted it off the ground and ruptured the gas tank along with a shyt load of sparks. He didn't run into a brick wall that wasn't moving. She may have been going 55-60 MPH. But it was enough to kill her and he was drunk off his azz. Not sure what more you need to know.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd imagine that the front of that car went right underneath the RAV4 and lifted it off the ground and ruptured the gas tank along with a shyt load of sparks. He didn't run into a brick wall that wasn't moving. She may have been going 55-60 MPH. But it was enough to kill her and he was drunk off his azz. Not sure what more you need to know.

(pssst....he's a Bammer, you're going to have to type s-l-o-w-e-r)

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I knew Nalt was a Bammer but I'm still a little surprised to see him say Ruggs shouldn't be punished at all for this.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If you’re going 150 MPH, you’re traveling 220 feet PER SECOND in 3,500 lbs of steel.

So, in the 1.5 seconds it takes you to change the radio, or rub your side piece’s thigh, you’ve gone further than a football field.

In normal driving we don’t look that far ahead with great urgency. Then add in the slow reaction time of alcohol, a wreck is inevitable.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I knew Nalt was a Bammer but I'm still a little surprised to see him say Ruggs shouldn't be punished at all for this.
Though I have NEVER denied being a Bama fan, I HAVE NOT said that Ruggs shouldn't be punished. I feel as strongly as most of y'all that he deserves serious prison time. I don't care where/if he went to college. :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator