Raiders Cut Ruggs…Kills Woman and Dog in Suspected DUI

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I am fairly certain I heard the Raiders have a 24hr car service available for their players.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
WOW, you really don’t detect sarcasm at all. Not sure Gator Chatter is the place for you.
You may be right actually. But then, all the other message boards that I have been on, and there have been several, posters usually add certain emojis to indicate they are being either funny or sarcastic... But hey, you do you... ;)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For a variety of reasons, I rarely drink and have never been drunk, behind the wheel or at any other time. So, I have a lot less sympathy for those who take this risk. Nobody can claim they hadn’t heard the warnings, likely as early as middle school. Too many kids think “that happens to other people, not me.” Just stupid.

If I stepped on any toes, it’s probably a sign that you should move your feet.

Edit: I admit I’m far from perfect. I’m an incredibly stupid guy too. My stupidity is just slightly less fatal than the current topic.

No offense taken by me whatsoever. Actually I think your description of yourself is exactly the type that can pass some judgement here. My whole initial point was just that the difference between a DUI/accident night and great date night with the wife with a few glasses of wine is often not nearly as black and white as some might say. And as dumb as it is, the decision is made when inebriated, which means that same person wouldn't normally do it.

To be clear, I wasn't defending the action, but did feel like it's an accident that can happen. Of course, I wasn't banking on this new 156 mph detail to emerge and looked through several articles for something like that. So I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that dredging up previous posts and using them to mock or insult fellow posters is not what this board is all about. In some case, it's even led to banning.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No offense taken by me whatsoever. Actually I think your description of yourself is exactly the type that can pass some judgement here. My whole initial point was just that the difference between a DUI/accident night and great date night with the wife with a few glasses of wine is often not nearly as black and white as some might say. And as dumb as it is, the decision is made when inebriated, which means that same person wouldn't normally do it.

To be clear, I wasn't defending the action, but did feel like it's an accident that can happen. Of course, I wasn't banking on this new 156 mph detail to emerge and looked through several articles for something like that. So I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that dredging up previous posts and using them to mock or insult fellow posters is not what this board is all about. In some case, it's even led to banning.

We would never bring up old posts at all....

I love Carson Wentz that wonderful ginger gun slinger coached by the greatest coach in Eagles history Doug Pederson

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
127 mph when the airbag deployed in the Corvette.
That says quite a bit about his car's safety features. He's lucky he's not seriously injured. In most cars a collision where the vehicle was going at 127 at the time of impact would mean life threatening injuries.

Society has definitely gotten tougher about this stuff. In 1998, Leonard Little of the Rams killed someone driving while intoxicated. No only did the Rams not cut him,
he was only suspended for the first eight games of the 1999 season. He pled guilty and was sentenced to 90 days in the city workhouse and four years of probation, as
well as ordered to perform 1,000 hours of community service. It sounds like Ruggs is probably going to get a much harsher penalty.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That says quite a bit about his car's safety features. He's lucky he's not seriously injured. In most cars a collision where the vehicle was going at 127 at the time of impact would mean life threatening injuries.

Society has definitely gotten tougher about this stuff. In 1998, Leonard Little of the Rams killed someone driving while intoxicated. No only did the Rams not cut him,
he was only suspended for the first eight games of the 1999 season. He pled guilty and was sentenced to 90 days in the city workhouse and four years of probation, as
well as ordered to perform 1,000 hours of community service. It sounds like Ruggs is probably going to get a much harsher penalty.

Pretty sure he was a full blown alcoholic and had another DUI issue later on as well. He also had to be restrained from going into the stands to pummel a fan after our '97 game because of a poster someone was holding about the Citrus Bowl. So he probably needed Rageaholics Anonymous too. In any event, Step 9 was absolutely necessary.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You may be right actually. But then, all the other message boards that I have been on, and there have been several, posters usually add certain emojis to indicate they are being either funny or sarcastic... But hey, you do you... ;)

First, this isn’t other message boards, this is Gator Chatter. Sarcasm runs deep and only a few bother to distinguish their sarcasm with text or emojis to give it away.

Second, using the winking emoji could cause you to forfeit your man card.

Lastly, I just retired from the military, so any conformity will be of my own choice, not anyone else’s influence. So I will absolutely be me. (If I said “do” vice “be,” you can be sure at least a dozen other adolescents will comment, but it’s part of the charm here).

BTW, I’ve missed a few sarcastic comments around here. Ya gotta pay attention, or face ridicule. Well, you’ll face ridicule no matter how sharp you are. It’s the GCMB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that dredging up previous posts and using them to mock or insult fellow posters is not what this board is all about. In some case, it's even led to banning.
:lmao2:

:oxslap2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First, this isn’t other message boards, this is Gator Chatter. Sarcasm runs deep and only a few bother to distinguish their sarcasm with text or emojis to give it away.

Second, using the winking emoji could cause you to forfeit your man card.

Lastly, I just retired from the military, so any conformity will be of my own choice, not anyone else’s influence. So I will absolutely be me. (If I said “do” vice “be,” you can be sure at least a dozen other adolescents will comment, but it’s part of the charm here).

BTW, I’ve missed a few sarcastic comments around here. Ya gotta pay attention, or face ridicule. Well, you’ll face ridicule no matter how sharp you are. It’s the GCMB.
We might need to codify this so all the newbies understand the rules of the game.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I try NOT to be the judgmental type, but I’m still guilty of it. It’s particularly frustrating to see this stuff when we’ve all heard more than enough about the dangers in driver’s ed and whatever “just say no” training we heard in school. This crap isn’t “breaking news…”

But we’re all human and make dumb choices. Some of our stupid human tricks have bigger consequences than others. I just really hate to see someone flush their life down the toilet when it’s so incredibly preventable.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Although by no means an auto engineer I do know a bit about vehicle dynamics. That said how in hell did he violate the laws of physics and live? His Vette should've gone all the way under that rav4, esp. at 120+ mph. A Vette nose is low anyway now add the drop from nailing the brakes, While a rav4 rear bumper should be well above the vette hood. Unless it had a heavy load in it

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
In his case it doesn't matter that he was drunk. He was driving over 150 mph and killed someone. Should be the same penalty whether drunk or sober.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Does this really look like the amount of damage a fiberglass car would sustain with an impact of 127 mph?

5ca6ec66-8a1f-44b1-aa33-a0dd14182033-AP_Raiders_Ruggs_Vehicle_Crash_Football_1.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does this really look like the amount of damage a fiberglass car would sustain with an impact of 127 mph?

5ca6ec66-8a1f-44b1-aa33-a0dd14182033-AP_Raiders_Ruggs_Vehicle_Crash_Football_1.jpg

Yeah, pretty much. Corvette frame is very stiff. The telling sign is that the engine and probably transmission separated cleanly from the frame. This is an engineering priority because the engine block is noncompressible and dashes and peope are.

Also, sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail. The vetta was the hammer the RAV4 the nail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.