Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter if hog town is high and dry if all the roads and hotels and police, fire, and rescue is tied up
Exactly, if your coming from Charleston, Savannah or Jax on Sat morning, that could be bad. If storm slows up, all the S. Florida people will be in the same boat.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Screw that. Cancel it. Cops and fire will be tied up and heading to the coast. Highways packed. Stores empty, trucks rushing supplies. Not to mention if the hurrican changes course and spins an hour west it will be a deadon hit. Probably the discussion is over it being at LSU if anything.
Damn straight. Beside that we have NO HEALTY D LINEMAN

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
giphy.gif

Holy crap, what a turdcutter...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Not to mention the fact that LSU is most likely flying in and the airport is gonna be closed.
I love watching cross wind landings... The flip side is being stuck on the ground when they are above minimums :(

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I read there will be a decision about the game Thursday at 1pm. Also read that east of 301 there could be hurricane winds. At Gainesville lattitude, that would be Hawthorne, which is about 20 miles from the stadium I would guess. I think a lot depends on the wind effect in the area, whether the power is on, etc. According to what I read, the hurricane effects were supposed to run from Thursday night to some time Saturday morning. A few days ago, it was supposed to be over during the day on Friday. .

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spoke with my Mom this evening, she lives in Jacksonville. She said that all schools and government workers will be closed all day Friday. She works for a large Hospital there and said they've been evacuating all the hospital beds today, toward the coast, and bringing the patients inland. The expected forecast, as of 7pm EST was to be in/around Daytona - Jacksonville at 1:00p EST on Friday.

I'm sure First Coast News Tim Deegan has everything dialed in.

Last edited:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
If it's not advisable to have the game this weekend, it could be potentially rescheduled for Nov 19.

That's if Florida (or the SEC Network) is willing to tell Presbyterian "Stay home, we'll pay you anyway" and LSU is willing to say the same to South Alabama.

In our case, that would remove our heal-up game before seeing FSU on the 26th. Ditto for LSU in advance of their season-ending game against Texas A&M.

Or the game could be rescheduled for Dec 3. Which might bump the SEC championship game a week, if either team was still in contention to get to the championship game.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
With all of the evacuations on the east coast of FL, traffic around Gville (301/I75, etc) will be terrible.

It would really be good if the game were moved to either 7pm Saturday or sometime Sunday. Otherwise, the attendance will be very sparse I'd guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Play it Sunday. Looks like I will be getting about 100 mph winds late tonight and that is if I am lucky and it doesnt tick west anymore than forecast right now.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, seriously. Is Foley stomping his feet like some little kid? Too many unknowns NOT to do the responsible thing. Any more to the west and we're all looking at hurricane force winds.

. A slight move inland would put hurricane force winds into the realm of possibility for.Gainesville. It is not that far from US 301 to the stadium. I read that parts of the county could experience hurricane force winds, gusts maybe, anyway. Also tornado possibilities. The timeline of the storm in the area is into Saturday morning. That is cutting it pretty close, if the winds are strong and the rain is heavy..

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
. A slight move inland would put hurricane force winds into the realm of possibility for.Gainesville. It is not that far from US 301 to the stadium. I read that parts of the county could experience hurricane force winds, gusts maybe, anyway. Also tornado possibilities. The timeline of the storm in the area is into Saturday morning. That is cutting it pretty close, if the winds are strong and the rain is heavy..
Right now, TWC has the rain down to 40% or lower by 8 pm tomorrow. Wind will be back to 15 or less by late Saturday morning.

The weather at noon Saturday will be fine, it's just the logistics of gas stations being tapped out, power lines possibly being down, and emergency services not being available. Then there's the problem of getting LSU here between now and tomorrow.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stay safe!

Thanks, should be alright just hoping the thing doesn't move any farther west for a direct hit. Right now it shows the path as the center part of it barely off the coast from Stuart heading north. I am in Vero Beach just above there. I think Ox lives right around there in Port St. Lucie or one of those towns. Big difference taking about 100 mph than 130 mph if it decides to go over land there after all. Those 2 we got in 2004 were a pain knocking power out for days or weeks for some people. I think they were 125 mph when they hit Vero.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks, Should be alright just hoping the thing doesn't move any farther west for a direct hit. Right now it shows the path as the center part of it barely off the coast from Stuart heading north. I am in Vero Beach just above there. I think Ox lives right around there in Port St. Lucie or one of those towns. Big difference taking about 100 mph than 130 mph if it decides to go over land there after all. Those 2 we got in 2004 were a pain knocking power out for days or weeks for some people. I think they were 125 mph when they hit Vero.

The weather channel just showed a new model where they said it could actually make landfall between W Palm Beach and Vero Beach. Basically that whole area getting it the worst. Hopefully not, but just a heads up. 130 mph is possible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The weather channel just showed a new model where they said it could actually make landfall between W Palm Beach and Vero Beach. Basically that whole area getting it the worst. Hopefully not, but just a heads up. 130 mph is possible.
I will have to check the 11 o clock update. The 8 o clock one had the average of the models just off the coast but one model was touching the land.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone is interested in seeing where the center of the eye is located during the projected path check out stormpulse website it gives a clear line to show you where the center of the eye is projected to be without the big fat hurricane symbol blurring it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.