Rank the SEC starting quarterbacks

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Last edited:

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Looking at those lists of SEC QBs posted by @jdh5484 one thing really stands out: Of a consensus top 8 we are going up against 6 of them over the next two months.
DBs will earn their stripes. DL has been playing lights out so it should be manageable.

Young defense though. Growing pains will be real ( like 2007)

Last edited:

Nalt

DBs will earn thier stripes. DL has been playing lights out so it should be manageable.

Young defense though. Growing pains will be real ( like 2007)
I heard a radio show on Sunday talking about the SEC teams. The consensus was (at least from these particular commentators) that Bama has the best defense in the SECw and the Gators have the best defense in the SECe. They were not convinced that UGA could stand the rigors of the SEC schedule this year.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
I heard a radio show on Sunday talking about the SEC teams. The consensus was (at least from these particular commentators) that Bama has the best defense in the SECw and the Gators have the best defense in the SECe. They were not convinced that UGA could stand the rigors of the SEC schedule this year.
They must not have looked at their schedule as it isn't daunting. They only play 3 ranked teams this season currently #20 Ole Piss ,21 UT and 22 UF. WE have a punchers chance if we grow during the season.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
What schedule? Lucky dawgs.

I like Mertz's percentages but would like to see average distance of pass and YAC.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member

Episode 4 No GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Not bad. I expected low yac because of the sideline passes. 78% x 9 yards seems reasonable.
That is average yards gained per pass attempt, not average yards thrown or YAC. If I shovel it to Trey with ball in the air 18 inches and he runs it 63 yards I'd get 63 yards per attempt. Not exactly a meaningful stat.

Besides, football stats are too mean oriented. Median values would be much more informative.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
My point was simple: ALL of the starting QB's in the SEC suck balls. There isn't a single one that scares anybody.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
There is a top tranche of Jaydyn Daniels, Jaxson Dart, Connor Weigman, and KJ Jefferson. I don't think you could have Mertz any higher than any of those and you could make are argument for any of them to be the best of that group. Unlike prior years, none of the top echelon are likely high pros.

The next group is the largest pile of meh, where all have 1-3 substantial flaws or limitations, but offer some things that are positive. Mertz is in this group, which is far better than many thought he'd be. I'd include, along with Mertz, Milroe, Rattler, Brady Cook, Carson Beck, Milton and maybe Leary (I think there is a good argument he is in the next group, which we will see next week).

The dregs are Will Rogers, AJ Swan and Payton Thorne.

deuce

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
I agree with Ox........... None of these guys are "special"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.