Receiving Corps

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Driskel doesn't help matters with the lack of touch he puts on the ball. I don't ever expect him to have the touch of Danny, but he doesn't need to fire bullets on screens and dumps to the flat. Sure, it may hit the receivers in the hands, but those types of catches are going to be low percentage. It seems to happen when he's under pressure. That said, he did make a few nice touch passes when the game was on the line.
I'd say the TD pass on 4th down in OT has some nice touch on it....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n51550 said:
Driskel doesn't help matters with the lack of touch he puts on the ball. I don't ever expect him to have the touch of Danny, but he doesn't need to fire bullets on screens and dumps to the flat. Sure, it may hit the receivers in the hands, but those types of catches are going to be low percentage. It seems to happen when he's under pressure. That said, he did make a few nice touch passes when the game was on the line.

It happens when he's under pressure because the fastest way to get rid of the ball in a hurry is to fire it out of there hard and fast. Blame the O-Line for the rushed throws, not Jeff. That said, he definitely better learn some finesse if he ever plans to make good money in the NFL some day.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Very true itsgr8

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
MJMGator;n51550 said:

It happens when he's under pressure because the fastest way to get rid of the ball in a hurry is to fire it out of there hard and fast. Blame the O-Line for the rushed throws, not Jeff. That said, he definitely better learn some finesse if he ever plans to make good money in the NFL some day.
I recall Rexy having the same issue with touch passes early on in his playing days. He got better, but that cannon of his was hard to throttle back.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :( said:
The same WRs that have such a hard time catching passes from Driskel seem to catch everything from Treon and Grier in practice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe it's hard for the receivers to catch passes from Driskel since they come in hot and inaccurate more often than not. Accuracy is more important than arm strength, but the star readers only care about that comet trail on the ball..
so you got to attend all of the practices huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.