Riley Cole - Bama LB commit

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So here is the way I see it

Player had a 2016 commitable offer, so he commits
Bama sees an opportunity to add better players and discusses grayshirt. Per B&G, they said they would have to wait until NSD to see where he fell.
Therefore, they pulled the commitable offer, because they may not want want him in the class.
So to summarize, his 2016 commitable offer was pulled days prior to NSD, and replaced with a backup offer for 2016 and a 2017 offer (not commitable)

So yes, Bama effectively pulled his original offer. Worse than that, he was committed and Bama and they renegged on their verbal agreement with the kid.

Totally agree and I'd take it a step further. Anyone with any sense at all can see they are absolutely pulling the offer and told him to find somewhere else to play. But since it looks so friggin bad to do this days before NSD, they throw out the greyshirt crap to leave themselves some wiggle room to claim that the scholly offer wasn't actually rescinded.

That way when they were called on it by HS coaches or other recruits, they could point out that Cole decided to go somewhere else. In fact, if someone was so inclined, they could make a ridiculous argument that Bama was living up to their offer, and in fact it was the kid who decided he didn't agree and left. You know, if someone wanted to make such an asinine argument. They might even demand written proof that Bama pulled the offer or something idiotic like that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In fact, if someone was so inclined, they could make a ridiculous argument that Bama was living up to their offer, and in fact it was the kid who decided he didn't agree and left. You know, if someone wanted to make such an asinine argument.
Now who in the world would make such a ridiculously asinine claim? :scratchchin:

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Totally agree and I'd take it a step further. Anyone with any sense at all can see they are absolutely pulling the offer and told him to find somewhere else to play. But since it looks so friggin bad to do this days before NSD, they throw out the greyshirt crap to leave themselves some wiggle room to claim that the scholly offer wasn't actually rescinded.

That way when they were called on it by HS coaches or other recruits, they could point out that Cole decided to go somewhere else. In fact, if someone was so inclined, they could make a ridiculous argument that Bama was living up to their offer, and in fact it was the kid who decided he didn't agree and left. You know, if someone wanted to make such an asinine argument. They might even demand written proof that Bama pulled the offer or something idiotic like that.
Yes, they HAVE to be doing bad things because they are the EVIL EMPIRE OF SABAN!

How many times will people say that Alabama pulled the scholarship offer? It is simply not true. I mean, some things are facts and some things are opinion. You can state your opinion about motives or whatever, but the fact is, they did not pull the offer. I have asked people many times to show some evidence that Alabama pulled the scholarship offer. No one has taken me up on it yet. Why? Because it didn't happen.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have asked people many times to show some evidence that Alabama pulled the scholarship offer. No one has taken me up on it yet. Why? Because it didn't happen.
2 can play this game...

Prove they didn't pull the offer... you can't... because they did!

See how easy that is? You are using a textbook example of a fallacious argument technique. Try a different tactic Mr. Rocket Scientist.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
2 can play this game...

Prove they didn't pull the offer... you can't... because they did!

See how easy that is? You are using a textbook example of a fallacious argument technique. Try a different tactic Mr. Rocket Scientist.
It is simple. Just read this thread. I put a link that proves it. From the boy's Father. Not some yahoo on the internet that doesn't know what he is talking about (like me). From his Father. Don't take my word for it; read the article.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You can state your opinion about motives or whatever, but the fact is, they did not pull the offer. I have asked people many times to show some evidence that Alabama pulled the scholarship offer. No one has taken me up on it yet. Why? Because it didn't happen.

Riley Cole's dad said this, “The respect I have for Coach Saban and his family, I can’t describe enough about it,” David Cole said on JOX. “I really don’t think he knew about what was trying to be presented to us.”

“Communication was the biggest problem and when Riley asked them to give an answer, they wouldn’t give him a straight answer,” David Cole said. “We got the impression they were wanting to wait until after National Signing Day, see who they got, and then let Riley know if they wanted to grayshirt him.

“Finally, Riley was like, you know what, it’s best for me to walk away, step back a little bit and see what other opportunities I have.”

This is a classic move by coaching staffs when they no longer want a guy. They stop talking to him and let him try and figure it out. Most coaches do it. This is essentially pulling the scholly while not having to pull the scholly. A "Bama pulls scholarship offer" looks bad in the headlines. See Harturd's recent recruiting debacle. But a kid decommitting because the staff hasn't contacted him in 2 months just looks like a decommit.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
1ODG5SGO5uk0g.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wanna go on record right now and be SURE that no one EVER confuses me with this guy. Some of you (uh-hmm, especially Law ) have historically lumped me in with these crazy bammers. The one and only "Alagator", should in no way, shape or form, be confused with the rest of these bammer types.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And where do you see that his offer was pulled? I have seen that many times, but no evidence. In fact, it is false.

...his scholly not pulled ? ... It was given to another kid. And of course, if he could scrape
the money together, while his "hot-to-trot" highlight films start looking so much more persuasive
for the 2017 "off-season" ... yeah that's the "egg-basket" to put your future in .. 'cause these are
Bama-Men of their word.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
But don't they get an additional season at the end, so they are not missing anything?
If they did not tell you the truth when they said you had a scholarship, why would you think they would be telling the truth when they said you would have a scholarship a semester later? You do see that when it is a regular, calculated part of your recruiting strategy, that you have a recruiting plan that is devoid of integrity, don't you?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
There are none so blind as those who will not see. And who stole crete's avatar and is posting nonsense under his name?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's pointless guys, he's a bammer... It's what they are. Let's just enjoy, point, and laugh.

:lol2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator