RIP Mike Leach - dead at 61

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Great coach with his rambles and life lessons. He will be sorely missed. He might even be better than Spurrier with his off the wall interviews. We just sat behind him and his team a few weeks ago at the UK/Miss St game. Can’t believe he’s gone.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I know that Coach Leach was a good man who cared about his players and his staff. He was only 4 years younger than me. Every day I wake up on this side of the dirt I am thankful. None of us know when our time is up and you dont have to be sick with disease like I am. I dont know if I will see another season of Gator football or not but at least I know what I am facing. Mike had no clue he had a heart issue and it happened immediately. We are all the same in that sense. You can be young and fit and something can happen. Dont wait until you are facing my situation to grab ahold of your loved ones and tell them how you feel. Its really close to home.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
RIP Coach Leach, it feels like college football lost a bit of its soul today, you will be missed. I will miss his banter, play calling, & humor he was quite a character. Praying for his loved ones, Hail State!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
RIP Coach, you did it your way and it was an enjoyable ride to watch! Prayers for your family.

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
He was a man of character and a character. His personality was so completely original. Coach Leach will be missed by all college football fans.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
He was younger than me. It makes you consider your blessings.

Prayers to the family, players, and friends. I find it additionally sad it was so close to Christmas. Their holidays will never be the same.

Prayers Praying For You GIF by MOODMAN

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did we talk to Leach about any of our openings? Probably not. We were always looking for someone with a failed scheme and fragile ego.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well DAYUM. This just flat out sucks. We lost another one and way too young. You can say he lived to the fullest and truly was a gem of a guy. One that I would have loved to play for. It just goes to show you life is short. Live life like it's your last, love your family, and hug them a little tighter. Especially this time of year.

Prayers to his family, it just really sucks!

RIP Coach.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did we talk to Leach about any of our openings? Probably not. We were always looking for someone with a failed scheme and fragile ego.
Hard to imagine the woke libs that run UF hiring a politically incorrect, potty-mouth pirate like Leach. Hell I doubt the old ball coach could get hired here today without his legacy status.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With this news about Coach Leach's illness and then subsequent passing I thought I had remembered him from Texas Tech and something about Craig James' son, Adam. So I had to go back and read up on it to see if I had the right coach in my head over this. I was a little dumbfounded that I had forgotten it was in fact Coach Leach when he was at Texas Tech with all that uproar over ESPN's Craig James and his pansy assed son Adam. Now that I know more about him since then I find it incredible he was fired over James' meddling and that sorry assed kid of his. What a bunch of losers the Texas Tach administration turned out to be. I also never realized Craig James was the jackass he was. I think ESPN finally got rid of him but I'll have to go back and check that. I'm just not in the mood right now with this really sad news. I thought Coach Leach was a helluva good coach and a great guy from what I saw of him on his various media appearances. He was definitely one of a kind. My thoughts are with his family and fellow coaches who knew him.
Yeah. For some reason I was thinking it was Trev Alberts kid. But you’re right. Craig James. A family of entitled idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator