RIP rogdochar - Gatorchatter will never be the same

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Rog was a staple here. This place will certainly not be the same. We all loved him here and apparently he was just as funny and pleasant in person. His fight is over. This place won't be the same ever. What sad news

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Been driving all day, and just got on my phone to see what I missed…

Very sad to hear. Rog is an absolute GCMB treasure. Sometimes his posts were so far out there, we weren’t sure if he was using English… or if he was sober. But very often he made us laugh, including right in the middle of an argument between pumpers and dumpers that would ease the tension or at least give everyone a brief reprieve along with a snicker or outright belly laugh.

I wish I could contribute something more witty as others have already. But he will be missed and I hope all of Rog’s family understands we needed him as much as he reportedly needed us.

RIP to a great Gator!!!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said it many times - Rog was a board treasure, and my favorite poster. I share very little from this board with my wife, but I always told her about his quips.

How fitting that the treasure will be cremated and spread at sea. Rest in Pieces, old friend.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember the first time rog posted with his off-beat style. I quoted him and left the clip from Men in Tights with the Sheriff talking in dyslexia as a playful joke to his odd posting style. rog took the joke like a champ then proceeded to explain a bit about his brain ailments and why he posted the way he did. He was as genuine as any of us can be online, and continually pressed to bring a smile to all of our faces. It was an honor getting to know him. The void he leaves behind here will never be replaced, however his legacy will continue to live on in numerous puns to come (some of which can be found in this thread). Rest well my friend.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
sad batman GIF

Alex.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Rarely does one think of coming to one's favorite board to hang out, and it immediately hurts when you log on. Today is one of those days. This stings.

RIP Rog.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. We lost a good one and he’ll be truly missed. RIP buddy. Say hi to coot for us.

:sadnanner:

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Not really they news I wanted to start my day off with. He was an absolute gem on this board, and certainly one of a kind.

RIP brother Rog.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Waking up to see this. It is truly a sad day as we've lost some family. Rog reminded me of the fun loving Crazy Uncle that we all wanted to hang around with.

Lee, I am truly sorry for the loss to your family. Rod (Rogdo) as I called him was an absolute treasure to this board and I enjoyed his part in it. It will not be the same and he will be missed terribly. We cut up and joke and yes he did as well. He could also take it with the best of us. I am very sorry that your family has to go through this and our prayers will be with you all. But I could not image a better way to celebrate your uncle. It would be great if you posted from time to time. We wish nothing but the best for you all as you go through this.

Take care.

Rogdo, you will be missed.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
"It's good to get back to your roots" - Rog mid root canal, probably

I know I should be thinking of the family at a time like this, but I'm stuck with this sad sunken feeling that I learned to speak Rog for nothing. Seriously, he was one of my absolute favorites. Thanks for posting and letting us grieve for him with you. He clearly lived an extraordinary life, and I'm glad he chose to share a little slice of it with us here.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't want to hear this. He was the very definition of our board's treasure. I have no idea why this came to me and I don't really know if it's appropriate, but for every board post I'll think of the empty rocking chair in this vid.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There won’t be a wake for him. There should be, it’s just not feasible. I’m trying to convince everyone we should publish an obit.
Lee, at the very least, share this link with his family and friends. He was part of ours for at least 15 years.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm mad.

I'm mad that we lost a friend.
I'm mad at myself, for not having something better to say about someone who always had something to say. Most of it made me ponder it for moments far too long, but it'll do that, and it's fine.
I'm mad that I woke up to this and am now crying while I'm schitting. Plus, I still need a shower and I'm going to be late to work. Oh well, this is for Rogdo.

We loved you brother.
Now we miss you.

I liked this from the OP...
His hidden ashes, in the S. Florida seas, will be "waltzing with the dance of the currents."

R.I.P. Rogdo :sadnanner:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.