RIP rogdochar - Gatorchatter will never be the same

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
So many talk of his words. Well, here's a few that caught my fancy and a few that were his recollections from his youth and one, possibly, of the OP. Enjoy.

Quips:
  1. You guys are consonantly using vowel language.
  2. We are all puppets
    with a few strings cut
    just enough freedom
    to tangle usselves up.
  3. And we need to recognize the worth of paying more to "buy American".
  4. One guy stumbled- cut him. They need more competitive dummies. Ones we got seem pushovers.
  5. The pessimistic volume gets turned up too loud on here. Praise is contemptible pumping. Pumpers are declared idiots. I should know. I'm an idiot.
  6. I have a bent for a break.
  7. Due to "non-recession" money confusion, Eskimos are keeping their money in snowbanks.
  8. What about Fox's coverup on the sudden uprise of suicides by My Pillow?
  9. Ox is banal retentive. He'll ban your azz.
  10. Moses successfully led his people with a crooked staff.
  11. If we cannot count on recruiting, why are we so recounting such recruiting?
  12. Can't call her a kunz. She lacks the warmth & depth.
  13. So another Biden (Jill) has slunk into debasement?
  14. To rally voters, Buttyjudge will have to become a dork to dork salesman.
  15. Incorrect insights attract corrections of hindsights.
  16. What if Napier's message is the type that recruits have to marinate in for a stretch - then many understand & come? It's the very first coating with Napsauce. Let it soak in?
  17. ... bet you keep your Adderall Dr. on speed-dial.
  18. No way those heels are going to hold up?- She swallow a U-haul-it.trailer?
  19. The question is = did holding all those marathons even help the Greeks in the long run?
  20. reciprocal in verse just a crass transaction, the sticking in the air the azz of a fraction.
  21. Please, guys, send me abroad.

His Story:
  1. Actually, my first time on campus was in my sophomore high school year '61, when we (Ribault) won the Cross Country State Championship. We set a historic record for the lowest total score. We placed 6 runners in the top 10. Only 5 runners count, so you can guess who came in 6 on our team - but I was just a sophomore.

Anyway, for the Start, the contestant crowd was called up by school name. Our captain decided he was gonna run barefoot so we all shed our hodgepodge shoes. All the ritzy schools from South Florida pointed and laughed when we walked up in naked feet. (They all had co-ordinated cc-designed shoes.) We were the rural Ruprics in that day. During the race, I passed our captain 'cause he was having an asthma attack. He got control of it and finished 3rd in the state, Anyway, at the top 10 medal ceremony, the PA speaker got to say "all right, you guys from Ribault line up - we had finished 3,6,7,8,9,10.= 6 in the top 10. It was the only time any of us ran barefoot.

We all glowed inside walking to the medals stage in front of designer shoes South Florida.

2. 1963, orientation week, with my beloved Dad. He was so inwardly proud because he had to drop out of the 7th grade because in bed the same night, side by side holding hands, his Mom & Dad died from the Spanish Flu and at 12, he had to quit school to work full time in the fields to get his 5 younger siblings through school.

Pushing my tray University Cafe. (Loaded with some great tasting grub.) As I turned with my food-ladened tray toward the dining area, I heard a cacophonous crash. Yep, my fascinated Dad just kept pushing his food tray right off the end of the rails - food on the floor. I felt no embarrassment because that would be applying some kind of negative feeling toward my beloved Dad. We both laughed at the table when I looked at his new-filled tray and simply asked "second helpings"?

Perhaps the OP (aka Lee)? :dunno: But this one takes a few reads before you get it and then it made me smile…
  1. "My sister had to send her son to a placebo halfway house. To me, the kid seemed happiest when he OD'd."

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rog played with words the way Picasso played with paint.

One of my all-time favorites, I posted an article about a baboon that escaped a vasectomy operation at his testing lab and ran off with two female monkeys (real article).

Rog responded:
"Did he volunteer for surgery or was it to be coerced; there's a vas deferens you know."

To me, that encapsulates his brilliance and his humor.

I guess the angels needed a laugh too.

He may no longer be with us, but he gave us many wonderful memories that we will carry with us throughout our lives.

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I have no words... RIP Rog

@rogdochar Hi Lee - Rog and I used to chat about his time living in Cantonement. I always think of him when I drive through it and pick out the buildings that are still around the paper mill that would have been there back when he lived there and it was still a "company town".

Last edited:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I bet even his dental patient notes would be works of art.

His brilliance with posts were a literary work of art - there was a force behind his choice of words and formulation of them.

Like a cross between Yoda and Shakespeare

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
RIP Rogdochar
Its obvious from the post here you were loved and will be greatly missed.
Go Gators and see you on the other side.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good night Rog. The angels have called you to a heaven you didn't believe in, and they are singing new songs in your name. You gave them canon fodder, my friend. (One last pun for the road, old buddy.)

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So very sorry to hear about Rog he was truly a unique character in Gatorchatter and apparently throughout his life.

Although there are many things about him that we all will miss, more than anything I will miss his timely wit and his ability to turn a phrase.

I am reminded of all of the times that many posters would be going toe to toe in a very heated debate only to have Rog toss out one of his patented word twists or creative phrasing that would disarm the entire group with laughter.

We just lost an asset that is already in short supply in this world.
RIP my friend.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Lee, thank you so very much for letting us know and telling us about his life. As you have no doubt realized from reading all of these posts, your uncle was a beloved member of this board. His passing will leave a hole here that none of us will be able to fill.

It's hard to post here for very long without irritating someone along the way, yet somehow, your uncle - who was here at the very beginning - remained a friend to everyone.

Other than his being unlucky in love, a subject he sometimes joked about, it sounds like he had a fascinating life and was as wonderful in real life as he was in our little virtual world. He will be sorely missed in both. RIP Rog.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I agree with CD, this is a kick in the gut. I have not and will not know another person with the wit, witticisms and word play of our beloved Rog. God bless your family in this time of grief.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Terrible news indeed. Love the bio of his life that the was provided. It’s exactly how most of us pictured him. Probably deservd a lot more likes and funnies than he got for his work over the years. In a world where quick wit, observations and often elementary humor dominate, I found myself often having to think about and digest what he posted. Truly a unique character and will certainly be missed. Best wishes for the family.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this last night, and I was too stunned to reply. Not sure what else to say that hasn't already been said. He was one if my favorite posters here, and he will be certainly be missed. I wish I could have had the privilege to meet him in person. Lee, I'm praying for you and your family.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am devastated by this news. There will never be a punnier guy than Rog. Thank you for the update Lee. It’s nice having some insight into the man behind the Butters avatar.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Rest in peace Rog. We'll all miss you and the board won't be the same without you. Besides being a constant source of wit he was one of the most consistent posters on this board. Seems like he was on here just about everyday and you could always read something he posted daily on different topics but with the same humor. It will certainly feel like something is missing around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.