RIP Sports Illustrated

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guardians is about a stupid of a name you can get. They will always be the Indians to me. It all started with the trade of Rocky Colavito to the Tigers for Harvey Kuenn. The curse of Rocky Colavito yes sir.

Sudden Sam McDowell. The name just came to me.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
You know better than to get in the way when Joe and I are sharing acid flashbacks.

KlsG.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland Rock Stars in recognition of the RnR HOF.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'll be honest, flipping thru scores the other day across all sports and I saw the Guardians listed. Couldn't figure out who that was for about 6-8h.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I had the 351 in my '71 Mustang.
My '77 LTD II wagon had the 351W with a four barrel Holley. It was a sorry driving family buggy but would go like a scalded dog in a straight line. My wife and MIL outran an Alabama State Trooper helicopter driving across the causeway to Fairhope in that car. She claimed the helicopter scared her and she was just trying to stay safe.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My '77 LTD II wagon had the 351W with a four barrel Holley. It was a sorry driving family buggy but would go like a scalded dog in a straight line. My wife and MIL outran an Alabama State Trooper helicopter driving across the causeway to Fairhope in that car. She claimed the helicopter scared her and she was just trying to stay safe.

Lot of torque. We never called it a Windsor. It was always a Cleveland.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've told this story before, but one of the old guys on my block growing up was a mechanic who had been a Marine enlisted F4U Corsair pilot in WWII... George had a '77 or '78 LTD II, but with the complete 460 Police Interceptor package and all of George's special care... it was the "doo doo brown" color, but it was awesome.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They should've changed their name to the Cleveland Engines. I bet they'd have won a World Series or two by now.
iu

"Who are the Cleveland Steamers?" is what we were looking for.

Thanks for playing. We have some lovely departing gifts including the home version of the game and a year's supply of detergent.

iu
iu

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator