Robbie Andreu makes typical brilliant observation

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
During the Idaho game yesterday. Remember, this is our best and brightest from our hometown newspaper. Make sure you read the replies.

Discuss.

I had a friend with a favorite expression that fits well here. "No shyte Sherlock."

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
During the Idaho game yesterday. Remember, this is our best and brightest from our hometown newspaper. Make sure you read the replies.

Discuss.

No the best and the brightest from our hometown is Bianchi. A tad obnoxious but excellent sports writer.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Its just a tweet,
Even if he'd said "Idaho" it would've been a stupid tweet. The fact that he noted something everyone else could see with their own eyes and then finished it by saying "it's obvious" made it just another waste of ether on twitter and brain matter for anyone reading it. It reminds me of his insipid "keys to the game" which also offer no insight whatsoever. Has he ever said anything that was interesting, insightful or thought-provoking? Serious question.

BTW, brain farts may indeed happen to many people. The difference is that actual journalists don't let them hit the paper and don't strike the return key until they reviewed their work. That's because they consider their work to be a serious craft and not some half-assed blather and sh!tty work-ethic spilling from Jack Hairston's cold, dead teat.
Its ironic to me that you consider the posting of a tweet to be a serious craft, its just a stupid tweet that meant about as much as a fart in a elevator. Which Im pretty sure between Robbie and Pat thats probably happened too.
I do like the part about Jack Hairston, he was the best.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Its just a tweet,

Its ironic to me that you consider the posting of a tweet to be a serious craft, its just a stupid tweet that meant about as much as a fart in a elevator. Which Im pretty sure between Robbie and Pat thats probably happened too.
I do like the part about Jack Hairston, he was the best.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that you're a relative of Robbie. Please tell him it's nothing personal.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
It's actually not only tweets that Robbie points out incredibly obvious points. I won't read his articles because he just points out random facts. "Florida got a field goal with 3 minutes left in the first half to go up by 10, they got the ball to start the second half". For some reason most of his articles just tell you what happened in the game. Rarely do they include any analysis or other information which I suppose is valuable if you didn't go to the game, but wouldn't you just watch the highlights?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You'd be pretty surprised at the sloppy shyt paid writers write before it's edited.

Twitter. No editors. Robbie, take note. Turn the phone off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You'd be pretty surprised at the sloppy shyt paid writers write before it's edited.
Im not surprised. Same w judges and attorneys.

Editing is WORK.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's actually not only tweets that Robbie points out incredibly obvious points. I won't read his articles because he just points out random facts. "Florida got a field goal with 3 minutes left in the first half to go up by 10, they got the ball to start the second half". For some reason most of his articles just tell you what happened in the game. Rarely do they include any analysis or other information which I suppose is valuable if you didn't go to the game, but wouldn't you just watch the highlights?

Plus rehashes the same point over and over to fill out his article. Very redundant.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually not only tweets that Robbie points out incredibly obvious points. I won't read his articles because he just points out random facts. "Florida got a field goal with 3 minutes left in the first half to go up by 10, they got the ball to start the second half". For some reason most of his articles just tell you what happened in the game.

That's an indication that he started penning the game story before the game ended to save time.

Last edited:

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I've really come to the conclusion that, in many cases, it's the incompetent people that end up making it big in life. I've noticed it in all facets of my life from my time at UF and now in my professional career. I'm not saying Robbie has hit the big time obviously, but damn dude either take pride in your work or pack it in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've really come to the conclusion that, in many cases, it's the incompetent people that end up making it big in life..
Andrieu and Dooley didnt make it big in life. They are below a Dominos manager in the pecking order.

I doubt they make $50k. I wouldnt be surprised to hear they make $30k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator