Robbie Andreu makes typical brilliant observation

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Andrieu and Dooley didnt make it big in life. They are below a Dominos manager in the pecking order.

I doubt they make $50k. I wouldnt be surprised to hear they make $30k.
That's the bad news. The good news is it'll get you a cheap Obamacare plan.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
4dZzraI.jpg
:doh:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
[QUOTE="Palmbgator, post: 806551, member: 2036"]I've really come to the conclusion that, in many cases, it's the incompetent people that end up making it big in life. I've noticed it in all facets of my life from my time at UF and now in my professional career. I'm not saying Robbie has hit the big time obviously, but damn dude either take pride in your work or pack it in.[/QUOTE]

Preach!

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
From the latest Robbie article on gatorsports.com:

With Kyle Trask out for the season with a knee injury, Jones and starter Feleipe Franks are the only healthy scholarship quarterbacks on the roster.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
From the latest Robbie article on gatorsports.com:

With Kyle Trask out for the season with a knee injury, Jones and starter Feleipe Franks are the only healthy scholarship quarterbacks on the roster.
Knee injury....JFC.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The copy editor(s) is just as much to blame. WTF.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Damn, I came here early on Thanksgiving just to point out the Trask “ (not a quote) a fracture in the foot is a KNEE injury” dumb statement by Robbie. I know there are some apologists here, but these things happen all the time with him. These are simple things that you don’t have to be too knowledgeable to know. However, as a beat writer, someone who is supposed to be in the weeds of the game and team, you definitely should not make the majority of these frequent (Freddie Hammond having a great game at Tennessee this year) mistakes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Regardless of the amount of their pay, it’s a complete waste. There is literally nothing that they “report” that isn’t already widely known. And even then there’s almost always some detail that’s incorrect. I see more insight from random posters here. So whether it’s 30k, 50k, or 15k, kill it and give the money to a good cause.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Despite a huge earnings miss, the parent, New Media (NEWM), increased its dividend by .01 on Halloween. The stock has a hefty current yield of 10.98%.

Pat and Robbie invest in GE.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of the amount of their pay, it’s a complete waste. There is literally nothing that they “report” that isn’t already widely known. And even then there’s almost always some detail that’s incorrect. I see more insight from random posters here. So whether it’s 30k, 50k, or 15k, kill it and give the money to a good cause.
Hell, I could write articles for them as a independent contractor at a fraction of what they are paying and they would be superior. So could another 100 people on this board.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I could write articles for them as a independent contractor at a fraction of what they are paying and they would be superior. So could another 100 people on this board.
What is a fraction of $25.00?

Then again, they do reimburse for mileage.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What is a fraction of $25.00?

Then again, they do reimburse for mileage.
I think Pat and Robbie make far more than you people are thinking.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Pat and Robbie make far more than you people are thinking.
They were paying $20.00 per story on a stringer basis when I joined them. Who knows what the going rate is now. Could be up to $27.50.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
They were paying $20.00 per story on a stringer basis when I joined them. Who knows what the going rate is now. Could be up to $27.50.
Gas was also a shiny nickel a gallon....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

All you’d have to do is rehash press conferences, Scott Carter’s & Chris Harry’s features, and sprinkle in your own musings.

Given the collapse of print media generally, I wonder how much longer the Sun will exist. They appear to be riding it out until the end without developing audiences in other media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.