Ron Zook takes job with AAF to supplement janitorial work

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One thing about zook is he made mac and chump look even worse
They had the same records more or less. Zook just sucked more consistently.

Fooley should have been fired on the spot when he called and said he was flying to New Orleans.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The fact that recruiting got better after he left, assuming you're correct in that regard, doesn't mean he didn't recruit well while he was here. He did recruit well for us, and as I said in my post above, taking Ron Zook Field from Bobby and the nulls counts for a lot.

He did recruit well, but they were by and large underachievers. Meyer developed those guys into champions. I also think Zook gave it his all, just in over his head.

I never understood people who got upset when Zook was fired. That was almost as bad as those who mourned Galen Hall getting fired.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
B
Wow "haunted", your thread sure did trigger side explosions. Anyway, I think your original point has vitality =
Spurrier v Zook ... adds interest to the game.
N
Zook built the 2006 National Championship Gators. For that I will be forever grateful.

After the game Meyer said that Zook recruited 20 of 22 starters on that 2006 team.

That is a fact. It doesn't matter what some idiot going thru menopause thinks of the man.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
recruiting got BETTER when he left, both times. Show me the evidence other than Ole Fooley's bullshyt excuses.
Zook's last Florida class helped win titles

Probably rode Spurrier’s coat tails but keeping it going for three years, with balanced classes, ain’t bad. Chump showed that you can wreck the momentum from an elite recruiter quickly. We’re still recovering from the path he put us on. Zook helped pave the road for a national championship.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am in no way a Zook fan whatsoever. I was off the Zook train and could see how things were going to unfold. At the point he called timeout with UToothless at midfiled, no timeouts and a running clock. To allow those inbreds the chance for a Hailmary and scored. I hated his azz since. The win at Doak tempered that some.....but I will give you this........
Zook >Butters!
As far as Zook goes, never been a fan of the man the Spurrier ran off. Demoted him out the door.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That fvkktard also took a 10-2 team and made them 7-5 for three years.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am in no way a Zook fan whatsoever. I was off the Zook train and could see how things were going to unfold. At the point he called timeout with UToothless at midfiled, no timeouts and a running clock. To allow those inbreds the chance for a Hailmary and scored. I hated his azz since. The win at Doak tempered that some.....but I will give you this........
Zook >Butters!
As far as Zook goes, never been a fan of the man the Spurrier ran off. Demoted him out the door.

Great Memory. I was living elsewhere and came in for that game. When he called that timeout I got up out of my seat screaming and cursing and asking what the HELL are you doing?, went to the concourse, watched the play on the TV, and walked out of the stadium cursing Fooley for 3 straight days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator