Ron Zook takes job with AAF to supplement janitorial work

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great Memory. I was living elsewhere and came in for that game. When he called that timeout I got up out of my seat screaming and cursing and asking what the HELL are you doing?, went to the concourse, watched the play on the TV, and walked out of the stadium cursing Fooley for 3 straight days.

When they scored on the play, right in front of us, I looked at my buddy and we're fuuked.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So if I take a job washing cars at the Ford dealer and a few years later GM hires me as its CEO, am I supplementing my Ford income?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, just because Butters was worse than Zook doesn't mean Zook wasn't an awful coach.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I have to explain to you the incompetence of Zook era football?

We were winning that game that night even if Alvin Dork was head coach.
Not the era; just the game by which Zook laid claim to Ron Zook Field the night it was dedicated to Saint Bobby.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not the era; just the game by which Zook laid claim to Ron Zook Field the night it was dedicated to Saint Bobby.
We’re all aware of your passion for Butters (which is still thrashing inside you), but I didn’t know you were a big Zook nutswinger, too.

There are several members here that will defend guys like Zook to the death, and in the same damn breath trash Urban Meyer. It boggles the mind.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We’re all aware of your passion for Butters (which is still thrashing inside you), but I didn’t know you were a big Zook nutswinger, too.

There are several members here that will defend guys like Zook to the death, and in the same damn breath trash Urban Meyer. It boggles the mind.
There just too many examples that you need to start setting minimum intelligence standards around here.

Just send the undesirables to Swamp Ass with Byrd.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So better results than a National Championship?
Struggling to remember Ron Zook's national championships. Or any championships. Remind me of the year.

Another example of a poster who needs booted back to Swamp Ass.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ron Zook is a really good human being who isn’t particularly good at the numerous jobs he’s been given over the years(multiple reports of streaky glass and mirrors at the bank). Yes he was technically there with some really fun wins. And yes, a good portion of the ‘06 team was his recruiting. But he was simply a ball of energy that was destined to fail and was already deflating.

He was also infamous for lacking attention to detail, like the nip-slip above that everyone has overlooked. The mere mention of the Zook name causes immense distraction, and people who are usually great at their jobs to suddenly fall apart.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Struggling to remember Ron Zook's national championships. Or any championships. Remind me of the year.

Another example of a poster who needs booted back to Swamp Ass.

No way Meyer wins in year 2 without Zooker’s recruits. And Meyer did the best he could to not win a National Championship with his sideways offense, until the last game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer actually won in 2008, rather easily, with his recruits.

Ron Zook is a career loser who only made it to Coordinator by sucking Fooley's cawk and otherwise being incompetent at everything. I can see why Fooley would be extremely comfortable around him.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No way Meyer wins in year 2 without Zooker’s recruits. And Meyer did the best he could to not win a National Championship with his sideways offense, until the last game.
Why are you assuming a coach other than Zook during that time frame couldn’t have had as good or better recruiting classes? All Zook did was keep recruiting at where it’s supposed to be for UF, especially after the Spurrier era where the brand was the greatest in its history to that point.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I am in no way a Zook fan whatsoever. I was off the Zook train and could see how things were going to unfold. At the point he called timeout with UToothless at midfiled, no timeouts and a running clock. To allow those inbreds the chance for a Hailmary and scored. I hated his azz since. The win at Doak tempered that some.....but I will give you this........
Zook >Butters!
As far as Zook goes, never been a fan of the man the Spurrier ran off. Demoted him out the door.
I wish I could thank Bill Cowher for doing us and Spurrier a favor by luring Zook into the NFL after the 1995 season. When Pruitt left for Marshall, for some reason, Spurrier promoted Zook after demoting him to DC. If Zook didn't leave that season, we wouldn't have Bob Stoops as DC. We more than likely wouldn't have our first National Championship in 1996.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Hmmm...I know which one is Ox prince and which one is the Donk but who is the one on the left?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I could thank Bill Cowher for doing us and Spurrier a favor by luring Zook into the NFL after the 1995 season.
Cowher didnt lure him.

Zook's performmance vs Nevraska was supposed to be his chance to prove he deserved the DC job back. Fooley wanted it badly but of course Zooker failed spectacularly. Pruitt was already in WV much of December, showing up only a few days before the bowl game, but Zook did all the prep. All the Fooley Suckers were sure that Mean Ole SOS had unfairly demoted Zooker.

Then we got destroyed. They "promoted" him for a day or two just to save face for him but he was never staying.

The lengths Fooley went to for this guy were astonishing.

And the drastic difference that Stoopsy made were immediately apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.