RUMOR: Mullen is out

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been around a whole bunch of you people going back 14 years now, and I've been a Gator fan for 32 years now. I will admit I'm extremely sensitive about the "spoiled fan" narrative that started after Spurrier left for the NFL. Some asshat in the media started it ("look how those demanding fans ran off Spurrier!"), and it has hung around ever since. The premise is that Gator fans are more demanding than all the other fan bases, that they are unrealistic and brutal to coaches. It is complete and total poppycock. Go to any of the FBS message boards, I don't care how crappy the school is, and you're going to find demanding, unrealistic fans. It's the name of the game, it's how it works - EVERYWHERE.

Whenever I see this narrative spread I react in a negative fashion. It's a reflex.

like your gag reflex? According to Sluggo.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was actually dead serious about your particular ban. Report to Swamp Gas immediately.

I've tried to get kicked out of here more than once. It's difficult. I have work to do. I have no self discipline when it comes to the Gators. I came close to posting another comment about that city in Alabama that starts with a B (don't dare spell it out). but decided to respect your wishes. I came really close though. A three day vacation sounded pretty good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've tried to get kicked out of here more than once. It's difficult. I have work to do. I have no self discipline when it comes to the Gators. I came close to posting another comment about that city in Alabama that starts with a B (don't dare spell it out). but decided to respect your wishes. I came really close though. A three day vacation sounded pretty good.
You're 75 years old. You're at the point you should do whatever the F you want to do.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think about that scene in Seinfeld when Jerry's father is eating cookies and his wife slaps at him and tells him not to ruin his meal with cookies. He says, "I've only got a few good years left. If I want a Chip Ahoy I'm going to have one."

Amen.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What statements? That the expectations at Florida are high? Duh.

You are claiming that "SOS and Meyer and their families have reiterated over the years that fan expectations such as widespread complaints about the team even after a 10 win season were among the major factors in their decisions to leave."
Prove it or enjoy your ban - not that we'd notice your absence.
Because they were weak. You don’t think bammer fans are bad. They leave at half because they know they are going to win. We have 5 losses this year - bammer fans haven’t seen 5 losses in 5 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're 75 years old. You're at the point you should do whatever the F you want to do.
Imagine the guilt Ox would feel if he banned out and you kicked the bucket during those 96 hours? He would never be able to live with himself, 46.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Dooley. Always the shill and room temperature IQ. The original useful idiot.

Yep. That’s why he was always so sure he be the one to get the scoop and break the news. “Calm down gidiots! I’ll let you know when it’s happening.” But he never broke any stories. He was always way down the pecking order, the desperate, unresourceful hack.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anything said on a message board effects the decisions made by the UAA. It's all about money and Saturday was not a good revenue day at the Swamp. That may be the deciding fact in deciding how long Danny Boy is the Coach at Florida.

I have missed many home games over the years but Saturday was the first game I missed that I could have gone to but just didn't want to go.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I've been around a whole bunch of you people going back 14 years now, and I've been a Gator fan for 32 years now. I will admit I'm extremely sensitive about the "spoiled fan" narrative that started after Spurrier left for the NFL. Some asshat in the media started it ("look how those demanding fans ran off Spurrier!"), and it has hung around ever since, with the urban legend continually growing that Spurrier, Zook, Meyer etc. actually SAID that's why they left or were ousted. Yet, no one can provide the existence of these supposed quotes.

The premise is that Gator fans are more demanding than all the other fan bases, that they are unfairly unrealistic, impatient, and brutal to coaches. It is complete and total poppycock. Go to any of the FBS message boards, I don't care how crappy the school is, and you're going to find demanding, unrealistic fans. It's the name of the game, it's how it works - EVERYWHERE.

Whenever I see this narrative spread I react in a negative fashion. It's a reflex.
Get a grip. :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anything said on a message board effects the decisions made by the UAA. It's all about money and Saturday was not a good revenue day at the Swamp. That may be the deciding fact in deciding how long Danny Boy is the Coach at Florida.

I have missed many home games over the years but Saturday was the first game I missed that I could have gone to but just didn't want to go.
It looked like an O&B game attendance wise. That's a look into the future of ticket revenues.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s still a sh*t hole. :lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. That’s why he was always so sure he be the one to get the scoop and break the news. “Calm down gidiots! I’ll let you know when it’s happening.” But he never broke any stories. He was always way down the pecking order, the desperate, unresourceful hack.

He’s actually worse than your description

Dooley would ridicule and mock any “gidiot” fan that questioned anything about the program and then after the loser coach was fired he would do a podcast and explain how the fans knew what he knows you would have seen the change coming.

A complete disgrace

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.