RUMOR: Mullen is out

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
it’s a GREAT year to shop

Rhule
Napier
Freeze
Cristobal

ANY of those guys would be 3x the coach Mullen is. They would be elite recruiters out the gate. Only Cristobal would be suspect as a play caller
Cristobal to usc, Napier to lsu, Rhule has a losing record and the admin won't hire freeze. Enjoy your window shopping, too bad the Gators don't have a credit card.

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018

Rhule
Napier
Freeze
Cristobal

ANY of those guys would be 3x the coach Mullen is. They would be elite recruiters out the gate. Only Cristobal would be suspect as a play caller

I agree. This is a strong year to make a coaching change because there are several good to great candidates. It is much stronger than average. There are even a few very good ones that you didn't even list like Fickell.

Rhule would be great, but does he hate the NFL or something? I know his entire career has been in the coaching ranks, so he could be one of those college guys that tries the NFL, hates it, and then comes back to college for good.

Mullen has lost the fan base, boosters, team, recruiting class, and now the national media is laughing at Florida and Dan Mullen. It looks like the good guys beat the bad guys (the admin) and forced some changes.

Cue the celebration music at the end of star wars episode 1.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

Rhule
Napier
Freeze
Cristobal

I see that Matt Rhule is not doing so well in the NFL. He'd be a good hire.
He sort of looks like the guy who played "Edgar The Bug" in Men In Black.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. This is a strong year to make a coaching change because there are several good to great candidates. It is much stronger than average. There are even a few very good ones that you didn't even list like Fickell.

Rhule would be great, but does he hate the NFL or something? I know his entire career has been in the coaching ranks, so he could be one of those college guys that tries the NFL, hates it, and then comes back to college for good.

Mullen has lost the fan base, boosters, team, recruiting class, and now the national media is laughing at Florida and Dan Mullen. It looks like the good guys beat the bad guys (the admin) and forced some changes.

Cue the celebration music at the end of star wars episode 1.

Fickell wouldn’t be at the top for me but he would still be a substantial upgrade over Mullen.

Even Franklin and Kiffin are options even though I would want neither.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rhule is a DC. I'd welcome his OC though

Edit. Rhule was an OC/qb coach at temple for a while. Actually has coached both sides

Last edited:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This would be a great time to clear all the cowbell stench out of the athletic department. Send both of those program killing asshats back to Starkville where they belong.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
It’s prob admin speak. I’m sure the plan is to let him finish out the season. Then he’ll be canned. They just don’t want to adjudicate this in public

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Wait and see what, exactly? I mean what the Fuchs else does anyone need to see?

What else can they say but wait and see? Everyone with a functioning brain knows he's toast, just for some reason or the other they don't wanna announce it until after the season. Not sure why because recruiting is shyt regardless and it's not like Mullen is still coaching for his job. That b!tch quit again after Alabama. Their probably still negotiating the buy out and don't wanna do anything to embarrass all parties involved more than both sides already have.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It explains Mullen’s oddball celebratory behavior after the game. He knows he’s out. He’s decided to foster an us versus them atmosphere as his final act of defiance. The players are mere pawns.

He also basically left with the fans. I’m assuming there were no recruits there that would’ve kept them around campus because it was a beautiful late afternoon that would’ve been perfect for visitors who were still here. Instead he passed my wife and I on the way home. I can only assume he and Megs are binge watching something on Netflix.

My wife was already annoyed at the game and listening to Steve Russell. The fact that we had to pull over and let his motorcade(“this shmuck” as she put it) go by on 24th just about set her off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.