RUMOR: Mullen is out

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
He also basically left with the fans. I’m assuming there were no recruits there that would’ve kept them around campus because it was a beautiful late afternoon that would’ve been perfect for visitors who were still here. Instead he passed my wife and I on the way home. I can only assume he and Megs are binge watching something on Netflix.

My wife was already annoyed at the game and listening to Steve Russell. The fact that we had to pull over and let his motorcade(“this shmuck” as she put it) go by on 24th just about set her off.

Steve Russell isn’t listenable. One of the dumbest humans I’ve ever heard speak.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This would be a great time to clear all the cowbell stench out of the athletic department. Send both of those program killing asshats back to Starkville where they belong.

Add Foley to the list of people to remove and you have yourself a potential solution.
If any of the three remain, then nothing will change moving forward.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Not gonna lie, I've often wondered if keeping Mullen on board for another year or 2 is better then what all of us are gonna have to face from the donkey once Mullen is gone after the season. I mean that mother fucher has been unbearable for years and that's with him batting zero on predictions. I can't almost imagine how big of a dick head he's gonna become if he actually gets something right. We're never gonna hear the end of it, just wondering if any of the rest of you have thought about that as well.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see that Matt Rhule is not doing so well in the NFL. He'd be a good hire.
He sort of looks like the guy who played "Edgar The Bug" in Men In Black.
He is in year 2, he probably has one more year in Carolina.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Steve Russell isn’t listenable. One of the dumbest humans I’ve ever heard speak.
Russell argues with callers just to argue.

Caller: Mullen needs to go, he can't recruit, he's lost the team, leaves talented players on the bench, his special teams are horrible, he hangs on to bad assistant coaches too long, often times he's unprepared and plays down to the competition.

Russell: HOW DO YOU KNOW HE'S LOST THE TEAM! YOU'RE NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM! I'M NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM. YOU HAVE NO PROOF HE'S LOST THE TEAM. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, I'M HANGING UP.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He is in year 2, he probably has one more year in Carolina.

I don’t see him as a fit here at all. He’d also be the constant NFL risk. You either get the Saban effect where the itch is over, or the Carroll effect where it’s an annual concern.

On the bright side, at least any potential NFL interest would actually be real this time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t see him as a fit here at all. He’d also be the constant NFL risk. You either get the Saban effect where the itch is over, or the Carroll effect where it’s an annual concern.

On the bright side, at least any potential NFL interest would actually be real this time.
Very true

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Great to be rid of Dan, but a bad year to shop. Last go round, we got to eat after ucla and nebraska. This year lsu and usc will eat first. Maybe we get leftovers.

JFC we always get leftovers We begin and end our shopping at Dollar Tree! Now that some of their items are $1.50, we might not be able to go there. Forget about Wal Mart or Five Below.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
No coach ever seems to want our job. It seems like thats how we got corch don millens in the first place.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Rhule is a DC. I'd welcome his OC though

Edit. Rhule was an OC/qb coach at temple for a while. Actually has coached both sides

Thank you. A guy like Matt Rhule is a HEAD FYKKING COACH. PLEASE STOP the horseshyt people. Who gives a fvkk if he scrubbed toiilets offensively or defensively!!!!. We need a HEAD FVKKING COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Russell argues with callers just to argue.

Caller: Mullen needs to go, he can't recruit, he's lost the team, leaves talented players on the bench, his special teams are horrible, he hangs on to bad assistant coaches too long, often times he's unprepared and plays down to the competition.

Russell: HOW DO YOU KNOW HE'S LOST THE TEAM! YOU'RE NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM! I'M NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM. YOU HAVE NO PROOF HE'S LOST THE TEAM. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, I'M HANGING UP.
I heard that as well, Russell is a shill for the athletic department. even though he continually brings up, when he’s challenged, that no one tells him what to or what not to say regarding Gator teams or coaches. He says something to the effect that he is not employed by the athletic dept, so basically he can be objective and unbiased. Never mind the fact that he is on a channel named WRUF, located in a building on the campus of the University of Florida.
This should be his picture on the wall of the station.
:bob:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Lastly, I have chosen to believe ZERO rumors. Until it is signed and the ink is peeling from being too dry then I will believe. I have been one of if not the biggest Cousin Eddie detractor from day 1. When it happens it will be however many years Cousin Eddie was here TOO LATE.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read the entire article. No where did he say anyone on the inside said he was out. It said a rival sec coach believes it will happen and said so off the record. Thread title is ghey.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s prob admin speak. I’m sure the plan is to let him finish out the season. Then he’ll be canned. They just don’t want to adjudicate this in public
If true, it's a pretty dumb plan. He's already lost the team and we're just losing time in the coaching search.

Early signing day is less than 3 weeks after our last game. LSU and USC should be in a position to announce their head coach and we'll just be kicking off our search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.