Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
5u5859.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thank you. A guy like Matt Rhule is a HEAD FYKKING COACH. PLEASE STOP the horseshyt people. Who gives a fvkk if he scrubbed toiilets offensively or defensively!!!!. We need a HEAD FVKKING COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like an unnecessary shot at Zook,
but fine.

I guess it’s also possibly an endorsement of him as well. Now I’m confused.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Seems like an unnecessary shot at Zook,
but fine.

I guess it’s also possibly an endorsement of him as well. Now I’m confused.

Objection!!!!!. In the life of a Gator, there is no such thing as an unnecessary shot at: Fooley, Zook, Chimp, Butters, Fuxxx, Strichnine, Cousin Eddie or Mike!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
it’s a GREAT year to shop

Rhule
Napier
Freeze
Cristobal

ANY of those guys would be 3x the coach Mullen is. They would be elite recruiters out the gate. Only Cristobal would be suspect as a play caller
Freeze it is, then, IMO.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I agree. This is a strong year to make a coaching change because there are several good to great candidates. It is much stronger than average. There are even a few very good ones that you didn't even list like Fickell.

Rhule would be great, but does he hate the NFL or something? I know his entire career has been in the coaching ranks, so he could be one of those college guys that tries the NFL, hates it, and then comes back to college for good.

Mullen has lost the fan base, boosters, team, recruiting class, and now the national media is laughing at Florida and Dan Mullen. It looks like the good guys beat the bad guys (the admin) and forced some changes.

Cue the celebration music at the end of star wars episode 1.
He was never coming back next year and it has nothing to do with fans forcing anything. He's losing us a shlt-ton of money and the bottom line is always the bottom line. Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't make it any less obvious that we were moving on. I've been laughing at the hundreds of "looks like were stuck with him another year" posts.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No coach ever seems to want our job. It seems like thats how we got corch don millens in the first place.

Serious question........ Why would anyone want to Coach at Florida?

Even Spurdog left because of the unreasonable expectations of the Fan's.

We can pay top dollar but we have very little other to offer.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
There's way too much "noise in the system" to believe he's coming back. The only way it was ever going to happen was if the defense played better Saturday after Grantham was let go and we all know how that went. He's finished.

As much as I used the name as a joke I'm warming up to the idea of Bill O'Brien. He was a stabilizing presence at Penn State after the Paterno debacle and after his disastrous stint in the NFL I don't think anyone's going to be burning up his phone there. I think we could do a lot worse.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

You moron. SoS left because Foley didn't support him and he wanted to try the NFL.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

Spurdog left because he was tired of no support from Fooley and the Earnest Graham affair was the straw that broke the camel's back. All that "He left because of the fans" BS was Fooley propaganda after the fact.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I won’t even get into Spurrier’s departure. But in terms of the recent hires, it’s really not that hard. We cooled quickly and pushed for a change with Zook, WM and McElwain. Of those three, one is a head coach today at a G5 school. The others are assistants. So guess who was right?

Spurrier and Meyer were both loved. All fans get spoiled and have unreasonable moments. We’re not unique, and those demand and expectations go hand in hand with the compensation. Pretty simple.

And with Mullen he has no one to blame but himself. Look at some of the recently bumped threads. Guys like la, YL, Donkey and others were happy with 2018. He could’ve made this work. But he thumbed his nose on a DC hire, refused to work hard in recruiting(straight from the mouths of prospects) and became an arrogant prick to the fans. Forget us. The national media has been roasting him all season. All of this is self inflicted. He could’ve been fine here and blew it. That is not on us in any way, shape or form.

If there’s one message that has been sent since 2002 it’s this, if you’re a competent head coach who is willing to work hard and make smart, fairly obvious decisions, you will succeed here.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t even get into Spurrier’s departure. But in terms of the recent hires, it’s really not that hard. We cooled quickly and pushed for a change with Zook, WM and McElwain. Of those three, one is a head coach today at a G5 school. The others are assistants. So guess who was right?

Spurrier and Meyer were both loved. All fans get spoiled and have unreasonable moments. We’re not unique, and those demand and expectations go hand in hand with the compensation. Pretty simple.

And with Mullen he has no one to blame but himself. Look at some of the recently bumped threads. Guys like la, YL, Donkey and others were happy with 2018. He could’ve made this work. But he thumbed his nose on a DC hire, refused to work hard in recruiting(straight from the mouths of prospects) and became an arrogant prick to the fans. Forget us. The national media has been roasting him all season. All of this is self inflicted. He could’ve been fine here and blew it. That is not on us in any way, shape or form.

If there’s one message that has been sent since 2002 it’s this, if you’re a competent head coach who is willing to work hard and make smart, fairly obvious decisions, you will succeed here.

Some good points but nothing you said screams that taking over at Florida is a top notch job, other than the compensation $$$$$$.

Terrible facilities, very little support from the Administration, no current tradition of Great success, lousy AD, no budget for expanded support staff, no depth because of poor recruiting, apathetic fan support, etc, etc.....

The fact that we have been getting 2nd and 3rd string coaches shouldn't be a surprise... It's what this Administration wants and accepts...... At this point, I'll echo what someone else already said... I have no confidence that this Administration can\will pick the Winner that UF needs and deserves.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
SOS and Meyer and their families have reiterated over the years that fan expectations such as widespread complaints about the team even after a 10 win season were among the major factors in their decisions to leave.

A coach that is willing to put in the work to win championships and has thick skin can become a kick ass, Gator Ring of Honor SOB. Our athletic executives love to hire big talkers that haven't done anything but finegal big buyouts, crumble under pressure, take the money and run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator