Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
Players listed by 2020 production including bowl game.

QB (1 Butters player):
Trask (top passer) - Butters
Emory Jones
Anthony Richardson

94.5% of passing production was by Butters players (12 yards passing by Toney included)

Running Backs (1 Butters player):
Pierce (top Rusher)
Davis - Butters
Wright
Lingard

19.4% of all rushing yards by Butters players (including Trask, and Toney)

WR (2 Butters players):
Toney (top Reciever) - Butters
Grimes
Copeland
Shorter
Henderson
Whittemore
Wells - Butters
Pouncey
Weston
Fraziars

TE (1 Butters player):
Pitts
Gramble - Butters
Zipperer

33.5% of all receiving yards by Butters players

So ALL of our Offensive production was by Butters recruits if you take away 66.5% of the receiving yards and 80.6% of our rushing yards.
Ok, you got me. My point is a 22-16 loser from Colorado state stumbled into Gainesville somehow and still recruited SOME amazing players that almost won a heisman. Just want to see a coach that his marbles intact.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It seems we are in the blackhole of Mullen now. He is going to have to either screw up in a big way to get fired or he is going to have to learn how to become a head coach instead of an OC pretending for us to get this program back on top. He will always win 8-11 games and do just good enough to meet the obvious low expectations of our UA.

EDIT: Fuchs Fooley and Strick
Honestly, we knew that when we hired him. The only thing that’s changed is many are just now coming to grips with it.
Find the next “sure thing”, reach out and get a deal done and then send Mullen packing. Until then, ride it out with him.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
Players listed by 2020 production including bowl game.

QB (1 Butters player):
Trask (top passer) - Butters
Emory Jones
Anthony Richardson

94.5% of passing production was by Butters players (12 yards passing by Toney included)

Running Backs (1 Butters player):
Pierce (top Rusher)
Davis - Butters
Wright
Lingard

19.4% of all rushing yards by Butters players (including Trask, and Toney)

WR (2 Butters players):
Toney (top Reciever) - Butters
Grimes
Copeland
Shorter
Henderson
Whittemore
Wells - Butters
Pouncey
Weston
Fraziars

TE (1 Butters player):
Pitts
Gramble - Butters
Zipperer

33.5% of all receiving yards by Butters players

So ALL of our Offensive production was by Butters recruits if you take away 66.5% of the receiving yards and 80.6% of our rushing yards.
And Pitts and alot of 18 guys committed to butters

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tenor.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be shocked if he got an interview, and downright stunned if they actually hired him after interviewing him.

At that same time, this is the team that hired Adam Gase after the Dolphins fired him.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen bolts, who can we hire this late in the game?

Oh yeah, it's Stricklin, therefore Fat Slob Todd will be promoted to HC.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mullen bolts, who can we hire this late in the game?

Oh yeah, it's Stricklin, therefore Fat Slob Todd will be promoted to HC.

It’s why I’m not sure why some here are so happy at the idea of him leaving. Beyond it being a terrible look for UF to have two coaches in just over 3 years rip the university and basically look for an out despite having a measure of success, you still have the guy who ultimately hired him after two swing-and-miss disasters in charge of the next venture. And all of this happening late in January after the NCAA announced a one time free transfer. The next guy could walk into a 40 man roster, with no time to correct matters.

I’m not the biggest fan of a lot of what he’s done. But I can just about guarantee we’ll be very disappointed with the next phase of Gator football if we make a sudden change this year. And all with a guy who’s already won more here than what most critics thought he would. I don’t think many of you hear yourselves. But we are staring at a tennessee or miami situation if we persists with this.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Academic standards should not apply at all to scholarship athletes, period, in any sport or any college. If they are good enough to offer, you take them and it doesn't even matter if they are illiterate.

Agreed. The world needs broke, ex-NFL players who make their post-playing career livings as janitors who report to Ron Zook. So long as we get some football natties out of it, I say full steam ahead.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
It’s why I’m not sure why some here are so happy at the idea of him leaving. Beyond it being a terrible look for UF to have two coaches in just over 3 years rip the university and basically look for an out despite having a measure of success, you still have the guy who ultimately hired him after two swing-and-miss disasters in charge of the next venture. And all of this happening late in January after the NCAA announced a one time free transfer. The next guy could walk into a 40 man roster, with no time to correct matters.

I’m not the biggest fan of a lot of what he’s done. But I can just about guarantee we’ll be very disappointed with the next phase of Gator football if we make a sudden change this year. And all with a guy who’s already won more here than what most critics thought he would. I don’t think many of you hear yourselves. But we are staring at a tennessee or miami situation if we persists with this.
We are at a pretty critical crossroads for the next decade, I think we can all agree this is Saban's era. How well positioned are we to compete when the playing field evens with Saban's eventual retirement? Pulling the plug on mullen right now hurts the program for obvious reasons, but keeping him around further drills us into a hole. The administration is going to have to get creative or we could be stuck in neutral for decades.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beyond it being a terrible look for UF to have two coaches in just over 3 years rip the university and basically look for an out despite having a measure of success, you still have the guy who ultimately hired him after two swing-and-miss disasters in charge of the next venture
It was such an awful decision last time that we ended up with a slightly better coach.

No way that could happen again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.