Saban done at Bama?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I can't see him quitting, like Detroit posted he needs something to keep him driven.

However, he's accomplished it all in CFB. It will be decades for anyone to top his record if ever.

Last edited:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
1) Bama hasn't even played Auburn yet (and it sure as hell ain't gonna go to the wire when they do)
2) I noticed you used "us" when referring to Bama playing Ole Miss this week. Was that a slip? I know your screen name is Bammer, but I thought you were at least pretending to be a Gator fan on here.
Bammer drunk again

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
This is good conversation. The only thing I could add is the play of the O line, they aren't overpowering anyone. Excellent backs don't have the gaping holes they used to and the QB has to run for his life often.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This is good conversation. The only thing I could is the play of the O line, they aren't overpowering anyone. Excellent backs don't have the gaping holes they used to and the QB has to run for his life often.
As we know, QB and OL is a MUST. We've struggled with no OL for years.

Without the big uglies, not much else matters.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His issues are as all of you are listing on here. Mix that with schools that are catching up to him, the bad coordinator work, etc. Grantham is enough to even let him through the door bring a stench and induce inept dumb-azzery into your program. Depending on how long it would take, I could see him doing a farewell tour season. But I really think as soon as he notches one more NC and be +1 on the Bear (at Bama), he'll be gone. But it ain't happening this year.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
His issues are as all of you are listing on here. Mix that with schools that are catching up to him, the bad coordinator work, etc. Grantham is enough to even let him through the door bring a stench and induce inept dumb-azzery into your program. Depending on how long it would take, I could see him doing a farewell tour season. But I really think as soon as he notches one more NC and be +1 on the Bear (at Bama), he'll be gone. But it ain't happening this year.
And I don't think it's happening next year either.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Saban has never fired a coordinator that I am aware of. The time to start is RIGHT NOW. Both coordinators are horrible, especially O'Brien. If Bama had Kirby as DC and Kiffin as OC we would not have lost a game for over 2 years, PERIOD. I have no idea why Saban decided to go for the two point conversion twice this past Saturday but if he had kicked just one of those extra points instead Bama would have won 25-24 in regulation. Stupid decision that is on no one other than Saban.
As for playing defense, our secondary play very carelessly and recklessly. They are horrible in man coverage and have to resort to PI to keep from giving up big yards but still give up the 15 yard penalties, i.e. big yards. Saban used to be very hands-on with those guys. Not sure if that is still the case or not but it certainly doesn't seem like he does as much for the last few years. Also the entire team doesn't seem to have very much intensity. Saban needs to also fire his intinsity coach and hire someone that can get the job done...
I thought Saban was the intensity coach.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Larry David Wtf GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Two years after retiring to WVa…

1668043046212.jpeg

“***dammit, boy! I was better than the Bear!”

He’s fighting against his ultimate future.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Bama recruiting too good to count them out.
I think Saban is good for another Natty.

Too many young guns coming now. I think they may make the playoff with the expansion (if it is soon), but no more NC’s.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
For what it is worth, I have a friend who knows Saban well enough to have seen him Saturday morning before the game and he said that Saban was in a good mood -- he said he was the AFLAC Saban cracking jokes rather than the sideline aneurysm Saban. Maybe he was that way because Saban expected to win, but the indications from my friend were that he seemed fine. Of course, that was before he lost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.