Saban terrified: Auburn to hire Boise State's Bryan Harsin as head coach

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
struggling to imagine country clubs at Auburn

Have you seen the dudes in Auburn? They come complete with the southern bang hairdo, the southern drawl, the polo shirts, and the khaki slacks. Definitely a country club vibe. A redneck country club maybe, but a country club nevertheless.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't paid attention to this. But, did I read right? A coach in the AAC turned down Barn? Ox must be heartbroken. Has anyone checked on him? Is he okay?
I'm just fine. My wife is embarrassed by all this.

Saban being in the state and the huge expectations certainly make it one seriously tough and high-pressure job.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
It's going to be hilarious when we find out who they have to settle on. They should have jumped on Shane Beamer while they had a chance.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Once again, with these massive buyouts you DO NOT fire a coach until you have their replacement lined up. When dafuq will these folks figure this out?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hugh Freeze. Lets see how this goes down. SEC West is a hard place to step into right now.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
@bmarcello: #Auburn has contacted #Liberty coach Hugh Freeze about its job opening, a source tells @247Sports. Freeze was not considered by Auburn during the first week of the search, but that has obviously changed. Story: Source: Auburn contacts Hugh Freeze about job opening

Hiring someone that knows how to cheat better than Dan, but that still got caught. If he comes back to the SEC the NCAA will bust him for giving out a juice box.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Rumor is that both Napier and Venables required more control over the program than the Barn brass is willing to give. It’s been their M.O. since Tubberville.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Is it just me or should these be "Auburn in Shambles: ***", "FSU in Shambles: ***", "Tennessee in Shambles: ***". "is in shambles" has less shambolic impact, but that's just like my opinion.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Boise State’s Bryan Harsin has agreed to become the new Auburn head coach, per source. Harsin went 69-19 with the Broncos.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A decent choice, but he won't last. The boosters will eat his ass alive, especially after he benches Nix for a real functioning QB.

He gets Bammer, UGA, and Old Piss at Jordan-Hare next year, but he has road trips to A&M, LSU, and Pedo State out of conference. By the start of October, he'll wonder why the hell he left Boise, especially if they make the move to the AAC in football.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

I remember him, he was Chris Petersen's longtime OC at Boise State. He seems like a solid coach, but is there any reason to think he'll actually be better than Malzahn? I don't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator