Saban terrified: Auburn to hire Boise State's Bryan Harsin as head coach

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If Steele's chances of become HC at Barn are descending, does that mean his chances of become DC at UF are ascending? Asking for a friend.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Steele's chances of become HC at Barn are descending, does that mean his chances of become DC at UF are ascending? Asking for a friend.
I'm not sure this is a good idea. if you look at the Alabama prep video for the Gator football podcast, Steele was doing a lot of the same crap that we were doing (playing soft vs screens) although he did adjust.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One can only hope The Barn's coaching search will turn out like Tennessee.
so you mean failing on the first 17 choices and finally debating between Dan Mullen and a special education bald guy?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's one pesky issue with that currently......
I'm optimistic when Dan Mullen did not snap at the reporter asking if Grantham was going to be the defensive coordinator for the bowl game.

the fact that he is leaving at some point was implied and Mullen didn't go ape shtt on the reporter.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
so you mean failing on the first 17 choices and finally debating between Dan Mullen and a special education bald guy?

Yes. But whoever they get they will say that is who they wanted all along. Watch them go back to Freeze and he accepts. They'll say, well we never said we didn't want him.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The college football world better hope that Lane Kiffin isn't the next head coach at the Barn... just sayin...

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Damn. Auburn can't find anyone to hire, huh? That's too bad. I read this morning that the boosters are meddling way too much in the process. Auburn has always had an issue with its country club politics invading it's athletics department.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn. Auburn can't find anyone to hire, huh? That's too bad. I read this morning that the boosters are meddling way too much in the process. Auburn has always had an issue with its country club politics invading it's athletics department.
struggling to imagine country clubs at Auburn

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So the no name coach at UAB turns down the opportunity to coach in the SEC at one of the founding schools of the conference that is rich in history?

That is pretty bad.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I haven't paid attention to this. But, did I read right? A coach in the AAC turned down Barn? Ox must be heartbroken. Has anyone checked on him? Is he okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator