SEC bottoms out: East Carolina, Pitt, NC State, Colorado State all favored over SEC teams

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think Kentucky and possibly Ole Miss may end up being pretty good this year - at least offensively

Based on Saturday, I think we'll need some of those automatic W's. 8-4 may be the ceiling for this team if neither QB can figure out how to pass

Based on what I saw Saturday and last night, we could end up switching spots on that list with Kentucky and/or Ole Miss.
As a Gator fan since the 60's I am always hopeful but not optimistic.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Perhaps you’d like 3 days off, turdbreath.

Perhaps but then again as everyone knows I'm only ambitious enough to accomplish 2 things each day. Talking shyt on gatorchatter and fuching yours or swamp donkeys wives. How do you like your chances on how your next couple of days turn out if you take one of those away hot shot?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The premise is correct. On the one hand the SEC has 3 of the top 5 teams in the nation per the rankings. On the other it is filled with a bunch of really bad teams and some embarrassing spreads. The fact that we are less than 3 TD favorites over a team that just lost 45-0 to frikin' NCST is bad enough, but then you see TENN, ARK, and MSU all home dogs to mediocre opponents.

I don't think Jimbo's squad is worthy of a top 5 ranking either. In fact I won't be surprised if CO gives aTm a game and maybe even the upset despite the 2.5 TD spread. I'm only really sold on Bama (as usual) and the dwags Defense looks legit. Throw in FSU and Miami being crap and you have a perfect opportunity for UF to move back up to prominence. Unfortunately we hired Numbnuts Dan the Vacationing Man so probably looking at another head scratching 4 loss season.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The premise is correct. On the one hand the SEC has 3 of the top 5 teams in the nation per the rankings. On the other it is filled with a bunch of really bad teams and some embarrassing spreads. The fact that we are less than 3 TD favorites over a team that just lost 45-0 to frikin' NCST is bad enough, but then you see TENN, ARK, and MSU all home dogs to mediocre opponents.

I don't think Jimbo's squad is worthy of a top 5 ranking either. In fact I won't be surprised if CO gives aTm a game and maybe even the upset despite the 2.5 TD spread. I'm only really sold on Bama (as usual) and the dwags Defense looks legit. Throw in FSU and Miami being crap and you have a perfect opportunity for UF to move back up to prominence. Unfortunately we hired Numbnuts Dan the Vacationing Man so probably looking at another head scratching 4 loss season.

We should just call you "Sunshine"!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So of all those favored teams, only Pitt managed to beat an SEC team. There isn’t any glory to be claimed in eking out a win against ECU or beating NC State, but Arkansas crushed Texas and Vandy’s road win at Colorado St. is good for them. A&M overcame losing their starting QB to win at Colorado; they looked like crap but it’s s W.

And Jacksonville St. beat F$U. I’d say it was a good OOC day.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SEC won 75% of the games they were underdogs in, not bad, not bad at all,

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So of all those favored teams, only Pitt managed to beat an SEC team. There isn’t any glory to be claimed in eking out a win against ECU or beating NC State, but Arkansas crushed Texas and Vandy’s road win at Colorado St. is good for them. A&M overcame losing their starting QB to win at Colorado; they looked like crap but it’s s W.

And Jacksonville St. beat F$U. I’d say it was a good OOC day.
Jimbo winning made it a good day for you? :headslap:
I knew you were a Mullinz apologist, but a Dumbo knobslobberer too? Get yourself together man.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Vandy’s road win at Colorado St. is good for them

Not sure why Vandy was a dog...
CSU dropped one the week before to SD State... Jackrabbits
But, with a win over Lindenwood, the Jackrabbits are now in the Missouri Valley Conference drivers seat!
In case you were wondering...

6BFC2E07-0A49-4162-8A29-3866DDC4D9F6_4_5005_c.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure why Vandy was a dog...
CSU dropped one the week before to SD State... Jackrabbits
But, with a win over Lindenwood, the Jackrabbits are now in the Missouri Valley Conference drivers seat!
In case you were wondering...

The Rams clearly still haven't recovered from losing McElwain. But Vanderbilt was smoked by an FCS team at home last week. I imagine they'd be underdogs to pretty much any team not coached by Mike Norvell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Rams clearly still haven't recovered from losing McElwain. But Vanderbilt was smoked by an FCS team at home last week. I imagine they'd be underdogs to pretty much any team not coached by Mike Norvell.
Or Tagelwain.

But what happens if Norvell plays Tagelwain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator