SEC Country Practice Report

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yall are nuts if you think Worton isnt going to get the start or a lot of PT...

Everything from Spring and early Fall have pinpointed him as being one of the best out there due to his IQ of the game

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
LDR will be the starter, Appleby is terrible ( not Treon or Driske terrible). Have a buddy who is in the athletic training dept at Purdue and he couldn't stand the guy, said he was not good at all nor had the look of a starting QB.

Just my 2 cents.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016

Not that it is that big of a distinction, but total sack is a little misleading given we played 14 games verses most who played 13 or 12. That said, however, whether you focus on sacks/game or total number of sacks overall I think it is pretty clear we sucked at protecting our QB which is not news to anyone who watched us play last year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did Treon running out of bounds short of the line count as a sack. He did that quite a few times but not sure if that counted. I dont think they did.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LDR will be the starter, Appleby is terrible ( not Treon or Driske terrible). Have a buddy who is in the athletic training dept at Purdue and he couldn't stand the guy, said he was not good at all nor had the look of a starting QB.

Just my 2 cents.

Appleby looks tough for a QB. Purdue highlights made it look like he just forced the ball too much. He definitely played tough. He ran over some big LBs a few times Tebow style.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yall are nuts if you think Worton isnt going to get the start or a lot of PT...
Sure. I remember hearing the same about Fulwood last year.

I'll be upset if our freshmen receivers aren't immediately better than most of what we have on the depth chart.

I'll be surprised if we see Worton on offense after the first four games. What is his career stats? 2 receptions?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I'll be upset if our freshmen receivers aren't immediately better than most of what we have on the depth chart.

I'll be surprised if we see Worton on offense after the first four games. What is his career stats? 2 receptions?

Worton is nothing like Fulwood and has come into his own. Very reliable.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If worton was a special player, he would have more than 2 career catches.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe xs sack days are over. Little better O-line, better vision for QB, quicker QB release,
more open WRs and TEs, better RBs to distract, to block, to catch, etc. Overdrive Gators.
I certainly hope these guys don't have "extra small sacks".

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Sig bet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.