SEC East is in Shambles!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
More interesting question, when he is fired would you take him back as a DC replacement for Grantham? I think Chump’s overrated as a DC, but still in the very good category. He’d be thrilled with all of our Bucks at his disposal.

If not the chump, what about his longtime DB assistant/recruiting guru Travaris Robinson who may be looking too when this whole staff is replaced? I wonder how much our prior recruiting of 9 DBs and 6 Bucks per class was on Chump vs TR.
Auburn was 71st in total defense and 56th in scoring defense in 2015, the one year Muschamp spent there as DC and the only year he's been a DC since 2010.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn was 71st in total defense and 56th in scoring defense in 2015, the one year Muschamp spent there as DC and the only year he's been a DC since 2010.
Yep. He looked pretty good with Saban’s players and Urban’s players. Take them away and he’s no better than 100 other DCs in the land.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
USC announced that QB Jake Bentley is out for at least 6 weeks w/ a foot injury and will start true freshman Ryan Hilinski vs. Charleston Southern. Hilinski was the #2 ranked QB in the 2019 class. Honestly, USC may have just gotten better w/ this kid under center.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
USC announced that QB Jake Bentley is out for at least 6 weeks w/ a foot injury and will start true freshman Ryan Hilinski vs. Charleston Southern. Hilinski was the #2 ranked QB in the 2019 class. Honestly, USC may have just gotten better w/ this kid under center.
Jake Bentley was SCar's true freshman QB savior three years ago, look where that got them. Doesn't change who the head coach is. They're heading for a losing record and coaching search.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Bentley was SCar's true freshman QB savior three years ago, look where that got them. Doesn't change who the head coach is. They're heading for a losing record and coaching search.
You think they're paying his $18 million buyout? No chance. Besides, they know a coach like Chimp is the best they are going to get.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I don't understand how he keeps landing these top qbs. He's got Bentley, plus Hilinski who was ranked in the top 100 overall, the 3rd team qb from the 2018 class was ranked 209 overall and they have a 2020 commit ranked in the top 100.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You think they're paying his $18 million buyout? No chance. Besides, they know a coach like Chimp is the best they are going to get.
They'll find a way. Zero chance he still has his job if they fail to make a bowl game. I feel like at some point these contracts with absurd buyouts are going to change. Guys like Weis, Willie, Muschamp, and McElwain getting rich off their epic failures is infuriating.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree they don’t fire him until next year because of the buyout, I disagree with your last sentence. They are delusional as it comes. They damn near ran Spurrier off because they have no sense of who they truly are. They think they belong in “elite” ranks, yet their one and only conference championship was 50 years ago.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Just imagine if he had two Top-3 Freshman QBs at his disposal. There’d be no end to the possibilities.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
I don't understand how he keeps landing these top qbs. He's got Bentley, plus Hilinski who was ranked in the top 100 overall, the 3rd team qb from the 2018 class was ranked 209 overall and they have a 2020 commit ranked in the top 100.
"Our offense is garbage but I am going to turn it over to you to do whatever you want."

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He stops his own offense, too.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...his absolute disdain for offense bleeds over into his coaching and handling of the offense. His perfect game would be winning 2-0...that’s how much of meathead that ****er is

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But who will they replace him with? Their last coaching search was a disaster. They couldn't get anyone to want the job. That will only get worse as he program continues to decline.

Get them McElwain.

I ordered a Georgia state, Wyoming, unc, and Memphis Jersey off Amazon. They say it will take at least a week to get here because of the damn storm.

They don't even make those until someone orders them.

Isn't it amazing that this characteristic has persisted for so long? He must know that it is killing his career but he simply can not stop himself.

.... so he stops program advancement instead.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ya'll talkin' bout Muscan't getting replaced...and we know TN is in a similar position. It has me thinking, while no sane coach would choose either, I have to think USCe is a better choice for a coach from 1-AA looking to move up. Both schools face the same weak SEC-East schedules, and TN has the history and likely better facilities, but the program is so fractured I can't see a coach choosing TN over USCe.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It looks like KY, Tenn, Vandy, and even Mizzou may not be what we thought.

But UGA, LSU, and Aub are another matter.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ya'll talkin' bout Muscan't getting replaced...and we know TN is in a similar position. It has me thinking, while no sane coach would choose either, I have to think USCe is a better choice for a coach from 1-AA looking to move up. Both schools face the same weak SEC-East schedules, and TN has the history and likely better facilities, but the program is so fractured I can't see a coach choosing TN over USCe.

No income tax in TN.

And I think Knoxiousville is a nicer place to live than Columbia.

But which is worse, incessant Rocky Flop or a dam* chicken crowing at every mildly positive moment?

Decisions decisions.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He'll return just in time to see Zaniga & Greenard

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator