Serena meltdown

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
it's not an inference, the coach said that he coaches every match and he claims everyone does. he's not going to waste his time coaching if she's not accepting it.
Yes, we have both stated many times that he admitted to coaching. So that was not an inference. The notion that he had coached repeatedly in that match, is an inference until and unless you offer proof. So is the supposition that he has done frequently throughout the tournament. "Everyone does it" , whatever you may think, does address the issues of frequency and duration.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we have both stated many times that he admitted to coaching. So that was not an inference. The notion that he had coached repeatedly in that match, is an inference until and unless you offer proof. So is the supposition that he has done frequently throughout the tournament. "Everyone does it" , whatever you may think, does address the issues of frequency and duration.

100% of the coaches for 100% of the matches.....Sasha was coaching every point TOO

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
No

You would have to ask her. I assume no one has the courage to tell her how she looks. I guess I thought that social media would handle these things, but apparently not. Maybe she makes tons of money off of them.

So your saying it's not purposely hideous? I thought it was an inside joke.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Lol. You’re a clown. I never argued anything about race in this situation. Osaka is half black, so that wouldn’t even make sense. I was randomly asked if I was black first, as if that was somehow relevant to the argument I was making. I guess only black people support Serena? Not even sure what he was getting at. YOU seem to not be able to drop race, so let’s get into why I said what I said:

For whatever reason, old white dudes always have an issue when non white athletes are too expressive or emotional. In MLB, when Latin players flip their bats after a homerun, they aren’t “playing the game the right way”. In the NFL, players that celebrate excessively after a touchdown are “ghetto” or “thugs”. You can argue that she was in the wrong for her actions, but the insults (not to mention the racist caricature of both players) were uncalled for and have a nefarious undertone.

Like Martina Navratilova?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
or gays from foreign countries............
What’s the purpose of this Coach? Most have done everything humanly possible to keep this on topic and out of the PF. Martina is the polar opposite of everything he stated and her position on this is squarely with Ramos, but hey, demagogue on.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Someone pointed out Martina was not liked. (i think that's what he did) and so gave the reason.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
politics infects everything..

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Someone pointed out Martina was not liked. (i think that's what he did) and so gave the reason.
No he didn't. Someone was being a racist (and ignorant AF) and said that old white dudes have problems with non-whites being successful. So someone brought up Martina as not agreeing with Serena, which is significant because she is a former top tennis player, who has been in Serena's position as the favorite many times.

This isn't the PF, so stop just throwing out non-sense and BS. I would say you're better than that but history disagrees.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Had I been paying attention to this thread I would have moved it long ago. Lucky for you fools I have zero interest in the topic.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
No he didn't. Someone was being a racist (and ignorant AF) and said that old white dudes have problems with non-whites being successful. So someone brought up Martina as not agreeing with Serena, which is significant because she is a former top tennis player, who has been in Serena's position as the favorite many times.

This isn't the PF, so stop just throwing out non-sense and BS. I would say you're better than that but history disagrees.
My bad. I see that now. I was wrong.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

I brought her up because she came out against what Serena did. And I did that because another poster suggested it was just old white guys that had a problem with Serena's pitiful performance.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
politics infects everything..

This. And it’s such a shame. If anyone truly looked at this objectively—no names, faces, genders, etc—and just had the repeated violations, shameful conduct, and ultimate ending, there’s absolutely no way they would even attempt to defend this. How anyone does, is beyond me and honestly embarrassing. The fact that a google search basically spoon feeds a reader every politicized reaction to this should be worrisome to all. It has no place in the discussion at all, anymore than this situation should have an impact on her overall career achievements or all-time standings. The whole thing is ridiculous.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Ah, I’m a racist now. That’s pretty funny considering you decided to ask me if I was black and inject race into this thread in the first place. You must have majored in revisionist history.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ah, I’m a racist now. That’s pretty funny considering you decided to ask me if I was black and inject race into this thread in the first place. You must have majored in revisionist history.
You did not introduce race; you were asked. Now stop patting yourself on the back and let's see if we can perform a miracle and back race out of the discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator