Shane Matthews to provide football color commentary

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mathews accomplished a lot a Florida, yet all I remember is the out. :facepalm:

Looking forward to this season of changes.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
i went to verify before i made a convicted felon commentating on potentially future convicted felons joke and discovered he pled to a misdemeanor. also didn't realize he was in the nfl for 14 years. i see him from time to time in dave's deli in tioga sitting quietly by himself, looking slightly depressed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has the most boring persona on the radio. His podcast is trash. Not sure how he’s going to be the color commentator.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
i went to verify before i made a convicted felon commentating on potentially future convicted felons joke and discovered he pled to a misdemeanor. also didn't realize he was in the nfl for 14 years. i see him from time to time in dave's deli in tioga sitting quietly by himself, looking slightly depressed.

You spend years with food being given to you at no charge and suddenly that $8.95 sandwich isn’t looking so attractive. Especially if you’d just tried to trade a Kool for a bag of chips and the cashier said no. He’ll come around.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I have seen him around town a few times and I came away with the same impression. He comes across like a miserable guy that’s close to losing the will to live.
I hope he cheers up in time for the football season.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait for him to start lecturing us fans during games. At least his personality will mesh with the new play-by-play guy :dunno:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
thought it was doering who was doing that. hes sold out for sec network. gotta pump the sunshine no matter what.
I could be misremembering, but I thought Shane was the one who was pissed that Muschamp got fired. He's been combative towards us dumb fans who don't know football for awhile.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I look forward to his knowledge but question his ability to be the color commentator as he is clearly white. I just hope he takes Zyrtec to help clear that perpetual snot bubble in the back of his throat that makes him sound like he's gurgling while talking.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will reserve any bad comments in the meantime until he gets going and I've had a chance to hear how he does. With that said.....he's said some shyt in the recent past that has me wondering if there is a drug screen check during the hiring process.

He definitely was not my first choice or even on the radar. Was hoping for Batesy or Doering.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it's reverse psychology. We'll spend so much energy hating on Shane, we won't have much energy left for the guy that isn't Mick. Brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator