Show recommendation thread

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This is one of a handful of shows that I mourned the loss of the characters when it’s over.
Most shows have run their course after 6 seasons and you’re just ready for it to end.

Seedy and I watched it twice.
Elmore Leonard was (still is, but, he dead) one of my top 5 favorite authors of all time and I credit a lot of Justified's success as a show to his direct involvement and writing.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I finished the Justified series.

Final rating: 9/10. (breaking bad was 10/10)

It started slow, 2nd season kept me watching, 3rd season got me hooked.

Very believable plot and characters.

Really good development of characters, plot twists, and not much PC (Although putting the female in charge of the Marshall's and having the mafias wife take a lead role were both PC moves imo ... neither character were really developed... it felt contrived). Pretty good season over season continuing saga.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just finished episode 5 of Andor (Star Wars Disney). There's 12 episodes. 5/12 is
Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
DEVS - Hulu - 8 episodes. About the biggest quantum computer system in the world being used as a way see the past and future. I suppose they were going for cerebral but missed it by a mile. Tense, cello music through-out for no apparent reason. Acting wasn't bad. The story line was beyond stupid.

4/10. - not really worth watching.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong Mens - Hulu - 2 seasons - brit buddy, comedy, espionage. Two coworkers bumble into a spy thing when one is mistaken for a bagman and it escalates ... first 3 episodes were hilarious. The rest were OK. Silly entertainment.

7.5/10. - worth watching. I give the first 3 episodes a 9/10.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Justified was AWESOME!

Now, I'm embarrassed to say this but I've found something completely out of my wheelhouse and have found it captivating. I don't know if it was because of the writing or the acting or the story line but IMO, all three were excellent.

If you can, check out "Let The Right One In" on Showtime.

Don't ask me what it's about because the idea of a 12 year old girl as a vampire would turn you off and is why I won't reveal that info here.

Also, if you do like Jon Bernthal then check out American Gigilo.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Justified was AWESOME!

Now, I'm embarrassed to say this but I've found something completely out of my wheelhouse and have found it captivating. I don't know if it was because of the writing or the acting or the story line but IMO, all three were excellent.

If you can, check out "Let The Right One In" on Showtime.

Don't ask me what it's about because the idea of a 12 year old girl as a vampire would turn you off and is why I won't reveal that info here.

Also, if you do like Jon Bernthal then check out American Gigilo.
I know off topic, but if you liked the "feel" of justified, and especially the type of dialogue, AND YOU LIKE READING (but it's simple, fast reading), you'd love Elmore Leonard's books.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'm liking "High Water" on Netflix

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
I finished the Justified series.

Final rating: 9/10. (breaking bad was 10/10)

It started slow, 2nd season kept me watching, 3rd season got me hooked.

Very believable plot and characters.

Really good development of characters, plot twists, and not much PC (Although putting the female in charge of the Marshall's and having the mafias wife take a lead role were both PC moves imo ... neither character were really developed... it felt contrived). Pretty good season over season continuing saga.
Believable plot and characters -- even for those of us who know people from Harlan.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
House of the Dragon is the best show on TV right now.

I really want to like rings of power. But man that show sucks. One good episode in the entire season.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Hidden Figures" was good..

a 2016 American biographical drama film directed by Theodore Melfi and written by Melfi and Allison Schroeder. It is loosely based on the 2016 non-fiction book of the same name by Margot Lee Shetterly about African American female mathematicians who worked at NASA during the Space Race.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
House of the Dragon is the best show on TV right now.

I really want to like rings of power. But man that show sucks. One good episode in the entire season.
We’re watching House of the Dragon. It’s good, but not nearly as good as Game of Thrones. The characters in GOT were so much better IMO.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The season of dragons will end up just introducing backstory characters that no one likes and then change the actors because time jump, ;)

New season of Pennyworth on HBO max. Good diversion nonsense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Watched the Netflix documentary on Nolan Ryan. Excellent!

Last night, we watch the 3 part mini documentary on Netflix about that crazy chick that buried her kids in the yard out west. "Sins of our Mother". Holy cow entertaining.

Tried to watch Dahmer. Couldnt make it to the end. I stopped and resumed it several times.
I just saw a headline on yahoo that said Dahmer is now the 2nd most watched Netflix series ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator