Show recommendation thread

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I just saw a headline on yahoo that said Dahmer is now the 2nd most watched Netflix series ever.
We watched Dahamer. I knew a preacher who was ordained (Church of Christ) by the preacher who Baptized Dahmer.
Or so he said. But he knew a lot about it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
House of the Dragon is the best show on TV right now.

I really want to like rings of power. But man that show sucks. One good episode in the entire season.

Was thinking about starting HoD. Keep trying these Star Wars shows and lose interest way too quickly.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’re watching House of the Dragon. It’s good, but not nearly as good as Game of Thrones. The characters in GOT were so much better IMO.
It takes to about episode 4. The last 3 or 4 episodes are right on par with GOT.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We’re about 6 episodes in on season one.
Walter Goggins is incredibly good.
I can't believe how many of you haven't watched Justified. I watched it weekly as it came out on tv. lol I wish there was a show out there like Justified, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc that I haven't watched and could get into. I haven't watched any of Yellowstone yet, so I may wait until they finish it and start it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I can't believe how many of you haven't watched Justified. I watched it weekly as it came out on tv. lol I wish there was a show out there like Justified, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc that I haven't watched and could get into. I haven't watched any of Yellowstone yet, so I may wait until they finish it and start it.

Yellowstone is incredible- start now!
Season five is coming out next month

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We watched Dahamer. I knew a preacher who was ordained (Church of Christ) by the preacher who Baptized Dahmer.
Or so he said. But he knew a lot about it.
Maybe just a choice of words.........A church of Christ doesn't ordain preachers.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Maybe just a choice of words.........A church of Christ doesn't ordain preachers.
You may be correct. My friend was a Church of Christ pastor in ATL. He was from NO. He said the pastor he studied under witnesses to Dahlmer in WIS and visited him in prison.
My friend knew a lot of details that was in this series. That was 1993 -1997.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
An ordained minister is authorized by an Association of the United Church of Christ to preach and teach the gospel, to administer the sacraments

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seems like an appropriate video
I think it was Tuesday night that Chris Stapleton did a benefit concert in Lexington for the flood victims in EKY because FEMA has screwed them over. Patti Loveless sang this song. Other guests were Dwight Yokum and Ricky Skaggs. Sold out show.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
As much as I love Justified, Yellowstone so far is a slight step above. They still have time to ruin it with woke ideology in the final seasons but I don’t think Kevin Costner will go there. Justified was solid through 6 seasons.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
An ordained minister is authorized by an Association of the United Church of Christ to preach and teach the gospel, to administer the sacraments
The church of Church isn't the same as the United Church of Christ. The minister that converted and baptized Dahlmer in prison studied at Oklahoma Christian University. A school started by independent churches of Christ. With that education a fellow can try to get a job preaching at a local church of Christ but he isn't ordained.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The church of Church isn't the same as the United Church of Christ. The minister that converted and baptized Dahlmer in prison studied at Oklahoma Christian University. A school started by independent churches of Christ. With that education a fellow can try to get a job preaching at a local church of Christ but he isn't ordained.

And as I said, a Church of Christ Minister.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ratcliff conducted his funeral service on December 2, 1994, and eulogized him:

Dahlmer confessed to me his great remorse for his crimes. He wished he could do something for the families of his victims to make it right, but there was nothing he could do. He turned to God because there was no one else to turn to, but he showed great courage in his daring to ask the question, ‘Is heaven for me too?’ I think many people are resentful of him for asking that question. But he dared to ask, and he dared to believe the answer.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I think it was Tuesday night that Chris Stapleton did a benefit concert in Lexington for the flood victims in EKY because FEMA has screwed them over. Patti Loveless sang this song. Other guests were Dwight Yokum and Ricky Skaggs. Sold out show.

Back in the radio days I got to meet both Dwight and Ricky ... could not have been more down to earth folks.
Talented as all get out too.
The wife loved Dwight's pants.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Ratcliff conducted his funeral service on December 2, 1994, and eulogized him:

All I said was I knew a pastor who was good friends with the pastor who baptized Dahmer. That was 1993-1997 in Atlanta.

I watch the show to see if it matched what I had been told...fairly close. I was told he was killed in the shower...that may not have been correct.

gren...on the Ordination, I don't care. I knew a preacher, who knew a preacher...and it appears to be truthful

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator