Show recommendation thread

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Finished Longmire. Excellent show and very entertaining and would definitely recommend.

But they should be ashamed of that finale.

Still have to finish that one... now I'm really looking forward to seeing how it ends. ;)

Just finished Justified last night - I really enjoyed that. Series finale was good too.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Still have to finish that one... now I'm really looking forward to seeing how it ends. ;)

Just finished Justified last night - I really enjoyed that. Series finale was good too.

Yeah, absolutely incredible show. From start to finish.

Longmire is still definitely worth watching to the end. They just did a piss poor job of ending it.

I think we’re going to start on Deadwood next.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
We have watched a few episodes of a "re-imagining" of Walker Texas Ranger, based in the current day.
It's just called "Walker".
Avoid this one at all costs... it barely rises above a Hallmark/Lifetime move/series.
(I should have known since it's put out by The CW).

The lead guy is like an alternate universe Chuck Norris - where Chuck is a very passive, stammering, indecisive, low-T, kind of Ranger.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We have watched a few episodes of a "re-imagining" of Walker Texas Ranger, based in the current day.
It's just called "Walker".
Avoid this one at all costs... it barely rises above a Hallmark/Lifetime move/series.
(I should have known since it's put out by The CW).

The lead guy is like an alternate universe Chuck Norris - where Chuck is a very passive, stammering, indecisive, low-T, kind of Ranger.
Blart Texas Ranger?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, absolutely incredible show. From start to finish.

Longmire is still definitely worth watching to the end. They just did a piss poor job of ending it.

I think we’re going to start on Deadwood next.
Deadwood was awesome. Lots of foul language so I wouldn’t recommend it for kids.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Finished 1883, the Yellowstone prequel. Just a single season with 10 episodes. So basically a 10 hour movie.

Absolutely incredible.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I actually dont think Ford can pull off a Dutton patriarch. We’ll see.
Guaranteed to have at least one of his weak assed lip quiver things!
episode 7 we lost our son forever GIF by Star Wars

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Anyone watch ‘Under the Banner of Heaven”?

Just finished it - it was muy bien

True crime mini series based on actual events involving a Mormon family back in the late 70’s / early 80’s. Great acting with Andrew Garfield and Gil Birmingham. Original book by Jon Krakauer.

9/10

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I watched the Kominsky Method (Netflix) w/ Michael Douglas. Decent, I'd give it a B+. 3 seasons.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@cover2 (and anyone else who ever saw episodes of the TV show (not movie) "12 O'clock High"

After working my way through all the seasons recorded on my DVR, I've come to realize that being a MALE "guess star" on an episode of 12 O'clock High leads to certain fiery death in a bomber (or on the ground if shot down).... wayyyyyy more so than being a "red shirt" on Star Trek and being asked to go down to the surface of a strange new planet!
fer.jpg

As for FEMALE "guest stars", always hot, always someone who went on to bigger things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator