Show recommendation thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For any of you that grew up surfing back in the 70's and 80's I'd highly recommend the Yin and Yang of Gerry Lopez....Patagonia film and Stacy Peralta from Dogtown fame was the film maker......inspirational to say the least and has given me a spiritual guidance going forward from someone I always looked up to from the age of about 10. Unfriggen believable footage some of which I remembered from going to the surf movies at the rec center in jr. high school.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone watched the new Stallone series 'Tulsa King'?

Pretty danged good so far.
Co-created by the Yellowstone dude and the guy who wrote a ton of Sopranos episodes.
Absolutely. Impressed with Stallone's actual acting instead of Rambo and Rocky......

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watched the 4 part Netflix miniseries on Bernie Maddolf. They go into incredible timeline detail of how it was done, including all the major players. Absolutely unreal. I guess I never realized how “fantasy land” the entire operation was.

(I also couldn’t get The Other Guys out of my head the entire time :lol: )

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Watched the 4 part Netflix miniseries on Bernie Maddolf. They go into incredible timeline detail of how it was done, including all the major players. Absolutely unreal. I guess I never realized how “fantasy land” the entire operation was.

(I also couldn’t get The Other Guys out of my head the entire time :lol: )
Here's my personal arrogant kvnt annecdote regarding Madoff... and I've talked about this guy plenty. He's one of 3 people I consider a friend. He's the "rebel Jew" who did K-12 at Horace Man, undergrad at Johns Hopkins, then in Army (we were platoon leaders in Korea together), then Chicago Law, then Big Law in NYC, then big hedge fund, then he was partner with me and schitbag partner (also in Korea with us, who embezzled from us and went to Fed prison for 5 years, then died of cancer... F that guy!).

Regarding Madoff, he said this from when he was with Ivy Asset Management (early 2000's), and he said it to me somewhere between 2004-2007: "Something isn't right there, at all. Ivy has big funds in Madoff, but neither Howard nor Simon had any personal money in... something isn't right".

Oh, and yes, the movie in general, but especially the closing credits of The Other Guys totally showed that McKay couldn't wait to make "The Big Short"!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's my personal arrogant kvnt annecdote regarding Madoff... and I've talked about this guy plenty. He's one of 3 people I consider a friend. He's the "rebel Jew" who did K-12 at Horace Man, undergrad at Johns Hopkins, then in Army (we were platoon leaders in Korea together), then Chicago Law, then Big Law in NYC, then big hedge fund, then he was partner with me and schitbag partner (also in Korea with us, who embezzled from us and went to Fed prison for 5 years, then died of cancer... F that guy!).

Regarding Madoff, he said this from when he was with Ivy Asset Management (early 2000's), and he said it to me somewhere between 2004-2007: "Something isn't right there, at all. Ivy has big funds in Madoff, but neither Howard nor Simon had any personal money in... something isn't right".

Oh, and yes, the movie in general, but especially the closing credits of The Other Guys totally showed that McKay couldn't wait to make "The Big Short"!!
DG - I missed anything you've posted about your involvement in this. Is there a thread on here where I can read about it.

I lost a little bit of money in the blockfi thing (I pulled all of my stablecoin out when news of the FTX stuff came out, but I left all of my BTC, ETH, and LINK in there - I have about $18k sitting there that I can't touch because they've filed for bankruptcy - I expect to get a little bit of it back, but not all).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wife and I finally started Yellowstone when I got back in town form the deployment to Illinois. We got about 3 episodes into season 4 before I set off on this next gig. I'm heading home this weekend, so I imagine we'll finish season 4. Good sh*t!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wife and I finally started Yellowstone when I got back in town form the deployment to Illinois. We got about 3 episodes into season 4 before I set off on this next gig. I'm heading home this weekend, so I imagine we'll finish season 4. Good sh*t!

Is she a Rip girl or Kayce?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is she a Rip girl or Kayce?
I don't know. She likes both, I guess. She always says, "everyone like Kayce" (that he's just likable).

I'm annoyed w/ Kayce's wife, her role on the show is kind of useless - a waste of valuable air time. The son too, he's a little b*tch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.