Show recommendation thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This guy:

Hbo Gemstoneshbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones
Goggins is funny AF too - he was great in Vice Principals w/ McBride.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone posted about The Bear?
My son, former culinary graduate, highly recommended it.

We just started watching it and it is really good.

The Bear
I watched the first season, but haven't gotten a chance to start the 2nd season yet.
Liked the first one.
Enjoyed the actor in Shameless

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hijack (Apple TV) - Idris Elba is a corporate negotiator that is aboard a plane that is hijacked. Only 3 episodes in but so far its pretty good. Still haven't figured everything out about the why. He is essentially trying to keep everyone alive, but also working against the hijackers to get info to the ground

Jack Ryan is also back for its 4th and final season. So far its off to a much better start than season 3.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Brand New Cherry Flavor (2021) <Netflix>

One season, 8 episodes. Netflix original based off a book some guy wrote while having nightmares being housebound around covid and developing MS. I tuned in for a horror anthology type thing, wrong. One long story, production in 2020 but set in 1990's LA - does OK for clothing, sets, etc for 1990s but that really isn't hard, just have her drive a firebird around everywhere.

Only known actor for me was Catherine Keener who plays something of a witch. Main character is Lisa Nova (Rosa Salazar), as an up and coming writer/director who does a short film, it gets found by Lou (Eric Lange) who is a struggling producer in need of a hit. He sees her film, offers to work with her and connect them with funding from some angel so they form a verbal agreement. Of course he screws her and steals it, she goes to Bolo (C. Keener) to inflict revenge upon him, and we have about 7 more episodes of this getting progressively worse for everyone involved. Not comedy, minimal gore/horror, plot goes steadily deeper as Nova steps deeper and deeper into Bolo's weird magic and how the main characters and several supporting cast get drawn into events and change positions at times.

Bigger picture = this guy must have read a lot of HP Lovecraft and been a David Cronenberg fan, as that's how this feels throughout but done as a serious B movie (not campy). There are a few twists, but you can predict them. Keener as Bolo the witch does ok, but it isn't a real demanding role and she plays as the Big Lebowski might. Salalzar as our lead carries a lot throughout the series but isn't an A-lister. The rest of the cast is forgettable. Special effects are better than cable but not by much. Salazar does a few topless scenes in the middle of the series, about what you would have gotten from scinemax in the 90's.

Bottom line = not worth it, despite the boobs and Lovecraft theme. 4/10

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Been watching Suits on Netflix which co-stars the Duchess of Sussex

were In season 3 of 8 and are enjoying to series but starting to become a little predictable

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“Quarterback“….8 episodes on Netflix. Don’t hate his wife until you watch how they met. ….11/10….

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Been watching Suits on Netflix which co-stars the Duchess of Sussex

were In season 3 of 8 and are enjoying to series but starting to become a little predictable
LOL, holy crap I just started watching this show....I thought it was new but its from 12 years ago. No idea there were 9 seasons of this. I do enjoy it so far but I don't think I could take 100 episodes of this. I've been known to dabble in sarcasm myself, and there is some good material here.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
LOL, holy crap I just started watching this show....I thought it was new but its from 12 years ago. No idea there were 9 seasons of this. I do enjoy it so far but I don't think I could take 100 episodes of this. I've been known to dabble in sarcasm myself, and there is some good material here.

Louis will end up being your favorite character -

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hijack on Apple TV has been pretty good. Idris Elba is a corporate negoitator on his way home when his plane is hijacked. He immediatly takes the lead trying to figure out the endgame and keep everyone safe.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Louis will end up being your favorite character -
Sorry, he still annoys me and we haven’t watched it in years. Donna ftw!

I used to like Meghan until she ran off and became a woke princess. Whoever wrote that sucks. It could never happen in real life.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just started suits myself. Can't believe I've been missing out on all these years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm about half way through a Netflix show called "Beef" - it's really good, comical, and dark. Two people get into a road rage incident and it goes from there. So far I give it an A+.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Just finished the first three episodes of Justified: City Primeval

Not bad - so far.
The characters don’t grab you like they did in the first series. Weird to see Timothy Oliphant with some serious miles on him. His teenage daughter also stars in it.
This time - based In Detroit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator