Show recommendation thread

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Just finished the first three episodes of Justified: City Primeval

Not bad - so far.
The characters don’t grab you like they did in the first series. Weird to see Timothy Oliphant with some serious miles on him. His teenage daughter also stars in it.
This time - based In Detroit.
We’ve only watched one episode so far and it was enjoyable.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm about half way through a Netflix show called "Beef" - it's really good, comical, and dark. Two people get into a road rage incident and it goes from there. So far I give it an A+.
I finished Beef - fantastic show! Really, really dark - but comical. Great acting. You have no idea where the story is going, ever.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Not bad - so far.
The characters don’t grab you like they did in the first series. Weird to see Timothy Oliphant with some serious miles on him. His teenage daughter also stars in it.
Is Goggins in it? (or did he get killed off? I can't recall, I actually watched Justified on tv - like once a week when it came on, so I've forgotten most of the story lines).

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Goggins in it? (or did he get killed off? I can't recall, I actually watched Justified on tv - like once a week when it came on, so I've forgotten most of the story lines).

I doubt he makes an appearance- mainly because he’s serving a life sentence and starring in The Righteous Gemstones

I was really hoping Ava makes an appearance
;)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Not bad - so far.
I've watched the first three episodes. I'm with you ... I don't really care about any of the characters right now.

Raylans daughter (the actors real life daughter too) is a terrible character. Kind of hope she gets killed off.

His daughters acting ability? She's right up there with Sophia Coppola.

She reminds me of Drew Barymore a little.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not a show, but a movie coming out Friday. My wife is eaten up w/ the first Meg. lol

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I started watching The Diplomat (Netflix) and it's about a 3 out of 10 - too much "over the top" acting - Kari Russell's character gets appointed ambassador to England because they want to groom her to be VP, they make her character all bitter and disgruntled and "too cool" to be the VP. She's planning to divorce her husband, but they need them to stay together for her to be VP. So far, not sure if it's worth continuing to watch.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
p
We are exactly 1 episode in. It started off with a bang.
Around episode 3 it's like
Nick Young Wtf GIF

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The American Gladiators doc on Netflix was pretty good. Only like 5-6 episodes both is the original cast talking about how crazy it was.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I've watched the first three episodes. I'm with you ... I don't really care about any of the characters right now.

Raylans daughter (the actors real life daughter too) is a terrible character. Kind of hope she gets killed off.

This explains so much

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I've watched 3 episodes (I think) - and couldn't agree more on the daughter. Terrible character, terrible actor, voice sounds like she's 7 years old. Another example of "white privilege" lol

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I started watching Chernobyl - I couldn't get though the first episode, just too slow, boring. Does it get better? I'm not sure I want to make the investment in watching anymore of it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I started watching Chernobyl - I couldn't get though the first episode, just too slow, boring. Does it get better? I'm not sure I want to make the investment in watching anymore of it.
Once, long ago, I was in the CR rain forest having a dinner. I asked the waiter if the dish was any good and he said.
"Es bueno, si te gusta". I looked at my Spanish-speaking friends for the translation.
"It's good if you like it".
Brilliant! I thought. Told me nothing.
So, it's good if you like it. Same with The Diplomat.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Once, long ago, I was in the CR rain forest having a dinner. I asked the waiter if the dish was any good and he said.
"Es bueno, si te gusta". I looked at my Spanish-speaking friends for the translation.
"It's good if you like it".
Brilliant! I thought. Told me nothing.
So, it's good if you like it. Same with The Diplomat.

Thank you. You've been absolutely no help to me whatsoever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.