Warning: Political Takes So ends college athletics.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thank y'all, the little black was almost too small for my ancient eyes.

555e62c1a1db22d.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everything is going to crap. Pro and amatuer sports, BLM, MeToo, Wokeism, Trans athletes, etc. everything! The NCAA is only concerned with protecting their own thiefdom and the universities are just as bad. When science disputes political correctness, they err on the side of being more woke and invite Greta Thunberg to lecture the masses.

Apparently this is what Americans want. I find that hard to believe but I can’t make a case for any other position.
I am thankful that I was able to live in the America that my grandchildren will never know.

Laugh if you want, but it’s not really funny

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Next up NFL salary cap illegal ;)

Apparently it’s been illegal in baseball for ever so why not let a handful of NFL teams play the role of the NY Yankees and let the rest of the league become a farm system for them?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Come Mothers and Fathers, Throughout the land
And don't criticize what you you don't understand
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't leand your hand
For the times they are a-changin

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the non-scholarship athletic model will come into vogue. I see a future lawsuit brought on by Law, Medical, Engineering students saying they have more potential impact to the University revenues and society as a whole and, therefore, should be paid 10x dumb jocks.

Get rid of all athletic scholarships.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It's about time. Maybe now the NCAA will be proactive in implementing solutions. Probably not, they will continue their old-man harrumph.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Apparently this is what Americans want. I find that hard to believe but I can’t make a case for any other position.
I am thankful that I was able to live in the America that my grandchildren will never know.

It is definitely what the mainstream media, hollyweird, marxist, etc., want along with the sheep that follow them but I don't think this is what a majority of Americans want. At least I hope not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Soon all the money losing sports will be gone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I say good. Maybe this will be the catalyst to stop letting bottom-feeding thugs and criminal dumbasses from getting a free ride to college while actual deserving students get denied admission. Let them form some semi-pro or minor league football league where these guys make peanuts and travel around on sweaty busses like minor league baseball players. Meanwhile, the players that take the field in places like the swamp can be actual student athletes who are just happy for the chance to play football and represent their school as best they can. It'll still be fun and exciting for us fans to watch, and might just remove some of the embarrassment of having some illiterate miscreant representing our school.

That’s always been my position as well. I would prefer none of this making its way into a sport that I love. I don’t really have a problem with someone making money off of their likeness or selling their autograph. But I also think that an athlete who insists on getting paid, or begrudgingly goes to college for the required three years with the sole focus of reaching the NFL as quickly as possible, shouldn’t be prevented from doing so. As much as the NCAA is a dinosaur, it’s the NFL rule of three years removed that creates the problem. If an athlete feels that they are ready to play professionally, they should be allowed to. Even if only some type of minor league. That would eliminate this problem as it would not only leave scholarships open to true student athletes who want to play for a school and get a degree, but with the inevitable increase in the amount of busts each year, who now no longer have an education to fall back it, it just may remind people of what college athletics actually provide. Win win.

I also think the excitement wouldn’t skip a beat just because the talent level would likely take a step back. People attend games all the time where they aren’t watching the best of the best. They attend because the passion of the contest and pride in the institution. That wouldn’t change. And it would be across the board so it wouldn’t be like watching Stanford/Duke/Vu type talent facing the Alabama’s of the world. If every program has similar types of true student athletes, the games would be just as entertaining.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Stupid song then. Stupider now.
Come Mothers and Fathers, Throughout the land
And don't criticize what you you don't understand
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't leand your hand
For the times they are a-changin

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's about time. Maybe now the NCAA will be proactive in implementing solutions. Probably not, they will continue their old-man harrumph.
NCAA needs to die a quick and horrible death.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Next colleges will need to pay alll student who attend because letting someone benefit from their name or likeness is not treating all students equitably and, definitely, not fair to lesser known students.
Every student can cash in on their name and likeness. Remember the Girls of the SEC editions? I do!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Every student can cash in on their name and likeness. Remember the Girls of the SEC editions? I do!
pablos wins the interwebd today...........I swear if doom and gloom was gasoline it would cost a nickel a gallon............

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Maybe the non-scholarship athletic model will come into vogue. I see a future lawsuit brought on by Law, Medical, Engineering students saying they have more potential impact to the University revenues and society as a whole and, therefore, should be paid 10x dumb jocks.

Get rid of all athletic scholarships.

JDA is your real name FUCHS? I truly believe that's the direction UF is heading. I find the sentiment common with Professors...even at LSU, UGA... Fuchs likes that IVY LEAGUE System.

What they fail to acknowledge...like most DEMs...BIG Athletics drives revenue (and interest). Most programs provide a lot of revenue for GENERAL Education. It's like the RICH...It flows down hill.

Is ESPN going to pay for ME Televised "Battle Bot" events? Wildlife and Fisheries..."Naked and Alone"?....Med School..."ER"?

What I propose is for every Athletic Scholarship... they offset it with an Academic Scholarship...and that should also go for Title IX. Stop forcing unwanted Women Sports Teams.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
FFS Espn televises corn hole. There is no telling what woke event they sponsor next.
Or not

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FFS Espn televises corn hole. There is no telling what woke event they sponsor next.
Or not

In the late 90s they televised putt putt golf, probably 80% of their broadcasts are talking heads shows.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
pablos wins the interwebd today...........I swear if doom and gloom was gasoline it would cost a nickel a gallon............
Nothing in case means the students are now employees who must be paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.