So when are we going to get news out of camp?

How many passing yards will UF have in Week 1?

• 149 or less

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 150 - 199

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • 200 - 249

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • 250 - 299

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 13 10.3%

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I said Franks still sucks on twitter and everyone lost their minds. Nevermind he’s been on a college campus for 3 years, has had 3 years of offseason workouts. Everyone is treating him like a freshman qb. He shouldn’t be given the same amount of rope as a freshman. It’s ridiculous how to little to no progress he’s made. He’s hit his ceiling already and its time to give someone else a shot.

I agree and I think people are fooling themselves if they are thinking Franks will be much of a run threat in our SEC schedule. He will get a few big runs from teams not expecting him to run much I would think but won't be any type of real running threat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He wants Franks to seize it because he knows if Trask does Franks will be gone. But, then Trask would be dumb not to leave and start..somewhere..and be a star there. It's tricky.
Where is trask gonna go?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No , I remember how limited Treon Harris was. He was basically about sprint out to the sideline and throw it deep to Callaway. When defenses took that away from Harris he basically had nothing.
That's still way more than what Franks gives us.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Here is the news - things haven't changed. :(

Three step drop. He should be planting on that third step and releasing. From what I can tell from the video after his third drop step the #2 on the boundary side appeared to be the only one open. I can’t tell if the #2 on the field side was open (he went deep out of frame). Everyone else looked locked down, except for the guy he threw it to.

Seems like the intended receiver was running an option route based on the coverage. Looks like he would break left or right depending on the coverage. Instead he did some sort of dance step, which probably messed up the timing of the play.

That Franks threw to this guy makes me tend to believe he was the primary receiver and yes, Franks was locked on to him the minute the balled was snapped.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Three step drop. He should be planting on that third step and releasing. From what I can tell from the video after his third drop step the #2 on the boundary side appeared to be the only one open. I can’t tell if the #2 on the field side was open (he went deep out of frame). Everyone else looked locked down, except for the guy he threw it to.

Seems like the intended receiver was running an option route based on the coverage. Looks like he would break left or right depending on the coverage. Instead he did some sort of dance step, which probably messed up the timing of the play.

That Franks threw to this guy makes me tend to believe he was the primary receiver and yes, Franks was locked on to him the minute the balled was snapped.

Not sure what happened exactly but they are claiming Mullen ripped Franks good after that series for his decision making on that play.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember how poorly the team did when Leak was QB.
You should. Everyone bytching about the runing backs getting hit four yards deep and doing nothing....until we switched to Latsko offense.

It was Wynn's fault. Then Wynn went to NFL and started a little there.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
I would argue Harris kept us in better positions in games for the defense to pull out a win than Franks does for us with the Driskeling crazy mess.

Treon was just as bad. Dude had to be rolled out of the pocket on nearly every play because he couldn’t see over the line. We’ve reached peak Franks hate lmao.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You should. Everyone bytching about the runing backs getting hit four yards deep and doing nothing....until we switched to Latsko offense.

It was Wynn's fault. Then Wynn went to NFL and started a little there.
Yeah, that 10th-ranked offense and the national championship were a real imposition.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Glimmer of hope for what? I dont know what you mean by limited action, he got more snaps than anyone playing both the first half w the 2s and some 1s and the second half w 3s and scrubs, long after Franks "scored" twice and hit the showers.

11-23, 0 TDs, an INT that hit the Mike Linebacker in the hands and second that hit a DB in the pads? zero yards rushing?

Please tell me what "glimmer of hope" that gave you?

Must have been the "TD" thrown to Lawrence Wright?

Ok, Remember, I did say Glimmer.....

I thought he looked better in the pocket. Granted, he was running for his life most snaps, but,seemed to have a better awareness around him.
Glimmer #1

I htought he threw better on the checkdowns, more catchable ball, sometimes but not everytime.
Glimmer #2

So, Franks takes off on a long TD run, where it was blatantly obvious the db's were told to back off , and we didnt get a real feel of Franks' running ability...
To me, It looked like Trask ran with more of a purpose...5 yards anyone?
Glimmer #3

I also thought Trask got the ball out quicker, made the read, checked down or whatever but, got rid of the ball or chugged it for a few yards..Nothing spectatcular here but....
Glimmer #4

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If Trask starts and/or plays well enough to lead the Gators to 8+ wins, it will be one of the most amazing stories in college football in years. It would also be a big feather in Mac’s torn and tattered cap, as well as a testament to Mullen’s QB development skills.

If Franks starts and/or plays well enough to lead the Gators to 8+ wins, it will be a fairly normal example of a young player with raw talent developing and improving. It will be a testament to Mullen’s coaching and system. (How long do you try to get that light to come on?)

If Jones starts and/or plays well enough to lead the Gators to 8+ wins, he will join the ranks of other gifted true freshmen who have done the same. It will be a testament to Mullen’s recruiting, coaching and system.

If none of those pan out, I hope Mullen focuses on developing EJ.
Minnesota is starting a freshman walk-on QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.