Some Mondays suck worse than most

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I think it would be great for a week or two but be sure to evacuate me before Thanksgiving!

I know someone that had visited Alaska once in the summer and they liked it so much she applied to be a teacher all over the state.

My in-laws and two other couples did an RV trip (from Florida to Denali) a few years back.
They said it was heaven on earth up there.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I think it would be great for a week or two but be sure to evacuate me before Thanksgiving!

I know someone that had visited Alaska once in the summer and they liked it so much she applied to be a teacher all over the state. She got a job in a small town and they moved there a year ago. She dropped off FB during covid and hasn’t been heard from since.
I was up in Kodiak for about 5 weeks back in 2019. I loved it and informed Mrs. Nalt that I want to move up and build myself a shack off-grid. She won't budge...:banghead:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The wood carver is the son of a guy that builds log cabins. The building housing the gallery is a log structure built using some massive logs. Absolutely beautiful. He (the father) also made this table and several others they have in the gallery.

Slab table.jpg

I'm not sure if the father or son built this bed but it is really nice too.

Cedar bed.jpg

And the carver is in the process of rebuilding this life-size bull moose. He has to rebuild it because a real life bull moose took offense to the carving thinking it was a rival moving in to service some of his cows so he eliminated the competition. lol

Moose in progress.jpg

And he found a very large burl that he has a bear carving started.

Bear in a burl.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The wood carver is the son of a guy that builds log cabins. The building housing the gallery is a log structure built using some massive logs. Absolutely beautiful. He (the father) also made this table and several others they have in the gallery.

I'm not sure if the father or son built this bed but it is really nice too.

And the carver is in the process of rebuilding this life-size bull moose. He has to rebuild it because a real life bull moose took offense to the carving thinking it was a rival moving in to service some of his cows so he eliminated the competition. lol

And he found a very large burl that he has a bear carving started.

I love those live edge tables...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I love those live edge tables...
Me too. I have a neighbor who had a HUGE Oak tree blow down back in March. I really want to saw it up to make tables like that one but I don't have a saw capable of running a 60" bar. I also can't afford to buy one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator