SOS reflects on his upcoming death

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sorry to hear. I think we’re going to see huge strides in the next 10 years with gene therapy. I hope this is one of them that gets fixed.
Should be. I’ve heard 2 podcast interviews with researchers working in widely different aspects of genetics & cellular biology say exactly that. Also there is amazing research in gut health that holds great hope. Until then, the management therapies are improving rapidly. I’m not that worried. Worry wasted time & energy.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Should be. I’ve heard 2 podcast interviews with researchers working in widely different aspects of genetics & cellular biology say exactly that. Also there is amazing research in gut health that holds great hope. Until then, the management therapies are improving rapidly. I’m not that worried. Worry wasted time & energy.
What's the relationship to cognitive disease and gut health? Try to eat cultured food every day. Don't know if it helps. Always has been a lot of hype re nutrition that really doesn't help,

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I have decided that I am, in fact, not living forever. I have also decided I have not lived as clean as possible in my 56 years.

I have been working to keep to a routine that involves physical fitness, mental wellness and spiritual growth going forward.

It is the best I can do and let the Lord decide the time.

I also know friends in worst shape and some who have died and some who are dying.

Life is a terminal deal. We get to go around as much as the good Lord allows. My plan is to live as well as I can until I am called home.

I get SOS's lament. You hit an age where folks you know die. Mist of my friends are still dying of cancer or preventable things, but I suspect I am only 15 or 20 years from when age catches up to my friends (and likely me).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He always messes with my titles. I find that one disgusting and disrespectful.......but that's just me............
Disrespectful? Disgusting? It's EXACTLY what he was doing, which is what a lot of people pushing 80 do. Nothing wrong with it, I admired his realistic perspective.

PE, we will all die. Even you. And yes, even our beloved SOS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Disrespectful? Disgusting? It's EXACTLY what he was doing, which is what a lot of people pushing 80 do. Nothing wrong with it, I admired his realistic perspective.

PE, we will all die. Even you. And yes, even our beloved SOS.

The Amazon truck is turning onto my street with an impending delivery.

SOS could live another five years. That makes his death eventual but not impending, which is "about to happen."

Now, if he's laying on a RR track in Athens with a locomotive coming at him going 80 mph, that's a different story. That's a pretty good case for using impending.

Am I making any sense?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Amazon truck is turning onto my street with an impending delivery.

SOS could live another five years. That makes his death eventual but not impending, which is "about to happen."

Now, if he's laying on a RR track in Athens with a locomotive coming at him going 80 mph, that's a different story. That's a pretty good case for using impending.

Am I making any sense?
Where are you seeing the word "impending"?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
What's the relationship to cognitive disease and gut health? Try to eat cultured food every day. Don't know if it helps. Always has been a lot of hype re nutrition that really doesn't help,
Parkinson’s is caused by a protein that grows & cuts off dopamine production. They are looking to see if it can be mitigated by certain gut bacteria.

There’s a lot of snake oil out there. I’m sticking with what my doctors say and a few online sources like parkinson.org, Michael J Fox Foundation, Mayo, Johns Hopkins etc.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
My first attended Gator Football game: Sept 1964, Jackson, Miss. Spurrier to Casey in 4th qtr for a 16-13 victory. Miss Sandy & I were expecting our first girl (Kim) a month later. I was 24 years old. Damn, time flies...Go Gators...I corrected the date, see what it's like to be old?

:jog:

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
My first attended Gator Football game: Sept 1962, Jackson, Miss. Spurrier to Casey in 4th qtr for a 16-13 victory. Miss Sandy & I were expecting our first girl (Kim) a month later. I was 24 years old. Damn, time flies...Go Gators...

Dang, I was 13 months old.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My first attended Gator Football game: Sept 1962, Jackson, Miss. Spurrier to Casey in 4th qtr for a 16-13 victory. Miss Sandy & I were expecting our first girl (Kim) a month later. I was 24 years old. Damn, time flies...Go Gators...

Spurrier graduated from Science Hill High School in June of 1963.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

FINALLY found it 1964. you were close, Fischerwood.
at
Mississippi State
Jackson, MS

W, 16-13
and SOS and Casey were playing.

1964 Florida Gators football team - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

fail old man GIF

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

How do you forget what year your first child was born, especially making HER 2 years older?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator