SOURCE: Locker room is divided, young players looking to transfer

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sounds like you really wanted the guy and now disappointed. I always knew what we were getting which is why I didn’t want him. In retrospect I can’t gloat….I wanted Frost and really thought he was the one to lead us forward. Bad call.

But yes…..always a pumper. Pushed back a work trip from Friday til next Monday solely to throw a Gator party this Saturday. Can’t help myself.

That’s basically me. I almost always get behind whoever is here and really try to not get off the train until it’s just inevitable. Was a little different(quicker) with WM, but generally I always just want it to work. I’m 41, so I sort of remember the tail end of the 80s, but really was spoiled by being a kid/teen throughout the 90s. I hate that my kids aren’t getting that same experience. And I’ll give Mullen one thing. After Mizz-2018, most home games have been much more enjoyable than the previous two regimes, which was huge for my boys. Obviously Lsu last year was the exception, or perhaps the new norm. In any event, like you I’ll be arranging my Saturday once again to take the family to BHG. I’m blessed and cursed at the same time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like you really wanted the guy and now disappointed. I always knew what we were getting which is why I didn’t want him. In retrospect I can’t gloat….I wanted Frost and really thought he was the one to lead us forward. Bad call.

But yes…..always a pumper. Pushed back a work trip from Friday til next Monday solely to throw a Gator party this Saturday. Can’t help myself.
There was a contingent of posters who said under no circumstances would we ever want this retard anywhere near gator football again, before his hiring. And who said from day 1 this is exactly where we'd be and the convos wed be having. Law, ox, firefoley, myself and a few others.

Sounds like you don't know half as much as you think you do.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
That’s basically me. I almost always get behind whoever is here and really try to not get off the train until it’s just inevitable. Was a little different(quicker) with WM, but generally I always just want it to work. I’m 41, so I sort of remember the tail end of the 80s, but really was spoiled by being a kid/teen throughout the 90s. I hate that my kids aren’t getting that same experience. And I’ll give Mullen one thing. After Mizz-2018, most home games have been much more enjoyable than the previous two regimes, which was huge for my boys. Obviously Lsu last year was the exception, or perhaps the new norm. In any event, like you I’ll be arranging my Saturday once again to take the family to BHG. I’m blessed and cursed at the same time.

Yeah I always get behind the team. I just enjoy Gator football.
I wont be at the game Saturday because of a business trip upcoming but one of my sons will be there. He was raised right….he will likely be pregaming Friday night and Saturday morning at the Salty Dog and back again post game.

I hear ya on the Spurrier years. Not only the winning but how we won. Fun n’ Gun was the highlight of my Gator fandom. Those years were legendary and the parties were epic. Good times.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There was a contingent of posters who said under no circumstances would we ever want this retard anywhere near gator football again, before his hiring. And who said from day 1 this is exactly where we'd be and the convos wed be having. Law, ox, firefoley, myself and a few others.

Sounds like you don't know half as much as you think you do.

That’s not even close to the list that despised the hire. Literally not even close. I seriously doubt if you could even find a small group on here that were favorable of the hire. I don’t pay a lot of attention as to who posts what on here but I can damn sure say I can’t recall anyone ever coming out as a supporter of the hire.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That’s not even close to the list that despised the hire. Literally not even close. I seriously doubt if you could even find a small group on here that were favorable of the hire. I don’t pay a lot of attention as to who posts what on here but I can damn sure say I can’t recall anyone ever coming out as a supporter of the hire.
I didn't say folks who disliked the hire. I said folks who were extremely vocal about saying anything BUT mullen BEFORE the hire. I was in that camp. Don't post some dumb response to me insinuating I must have been a supporter who's disappointed. I was one of the most vocal about him being awful even before we hired his ass. You've been one of his biggest apologizers. Own it.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I didn't say folks who disliked the hire. I said folks who were extremely vocal about saying anything BUT mullen BEFORE the hire. I was in that camp. Don't post some dumb response to me insinuating I must have been a supporter who's disappointed. I was one of the most vocal about him being awful even before we hired his ass. You've been one of his biggest apologizers. Own it.

Lol…..I’m suppose to believe your version that a tiny fraction of the board opposed the hire when literally everyone did. Yes everyone. From day one.

Now if you want to claim that you were the most “vocal”….well ok. I didn’t pay any attention to that. I just know everyone was stunned and stating otherwise is nonsense.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Let it go

These last 11 years and three terrible hires have been hard on everyone who eats, breaths and sleeps Gator football.

It is time to pull together and hope we get lucky with the next coach.

Damn Donk….when did you become the voice of reason around here!

But you’re right. It’s been a long run. Folks deal with it in their own way.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Probably one of the main things that keeps 5 star recruits from coming is probably the reputation that no matter how good you are, you won't play any meaningful snaps until your third year. It just makes sense now come to think of it.
It's always been an issue with Dan Mullen. It's why we will never pull elite talent as consistently as the elites do. Every now and then we will pull a top 80 player that thinks he will be the guy to change Mullens mind but it never happens.

UGA has pulled more 5* in the last 4 years than Mullen has pulled top 100 in the same time frame. Think about that for a minute. UGA has pulled eighteen 5* players in 4 cycles, Mullen has only pulled 11 top 100 players in that same time. Oh and if you were curious UGA pulled 33 top 100 players.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The last time we lost to Kentucky, we lost a RB to transfer.
Now, you would have a harder time finding him than it would to find Brian Laundrie.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I fully admit my memory can be fuzzy at times, but I believe things would not be better if we had hired any of the other names under consideration at that time - unless you are taking the position we would have already fired whoever we had hired at the time (ala Clown School) and moved on. Clearly the powers that be targeted a really bad bunch of coaches. Not one of the names under consideration (including the guy who was ultimately hired) is somebody I wish was currently coaching the Gators.
Looking forward, Fuchs, Stricklin, and whoever else is involved need to take an entirely different approach to what was done with the last three hires. No matter when Mullen ultimately leaves, there will no doubt be several other high profile programs looking for a new HC. If they don't start doing what it takes to improve the support for the program, one of those other schools will get that top choice and at least the second best choice, and we'll end up with another random coach whose last name starts with an "M."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If they don't start doing what it takes to improve the support for the program, one of those other schools will get that top choice and at least the second best choice, and we'll end up with another random coach whose last name starts with an "M."

The Mrs said that if we hire another coach with an "M" name she is going to punch Strickland in the throat. There is 25 other letters a head coach's last name can start with, maybe try another.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Mrs said that if we hire another coach with an "M" name she is going to punch Strickland in the throat. There is 25 other letters a head coach's last name can start with, maybe try another.

My mom was the first one to point that out to me back in 2017. She was like “again with the M?”

This time, I say we try one for one of the other 24 letters(Z has been spoken for as well).

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Not one of the names under consideration (including the guy who was ultimately hired) is somebody I wish was currently coaching the Gators.
Yep. I thought Kelly was interesting, but just not a Gator.
Same with Frost. Thank gawd we didn't get him.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

My mom was the first one to point that out to me back in 2017. She was like “again with the M?”

This time, I say we try one for one of the other 24 letters(Z has been spoken for as well).

Mangino it is! Or I bet Strick has Doug Marrone on his radar.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The AD should have a list of top 5 coaches for every sport and be updating it regularly. He should also have a plan a, b, c and "grab the oh-sht handle" for pursuing those individuals if ever the need arose.

Strickland has a hand scribbled note on some TP he found in a truckstop restroom that starts with "for a good time call..."

The whole front office needs to be canned and office spaces fumigated to remove the stench of loser from this once great program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator