SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I get it but my guess is they can spread the 12MIL vs. 7.5 in one year. An extra 4.5 to make a shyt coach go away seems like a no brainer in my eye. But then again I have always been of the belief it is okay to spend money now to save in the future or to spend money to make money.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

One of my UGA friends just sent me this.

Tell him we said funny....oh....and also to go fuk his dirty dwag self.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Florida football: Changes must be made following humiliating loss to South Carolina
SDS spoke with multiple high-level Florida boosters Saturday night, both during and after the South Carolina debacle. One such booster, who has been instrumental in helping Florida upgrade athletic facilities for football and other sports, delivered a simple message: “This has to change, and it should start to change Monday with multiple staff dismissals. If it doesn’t, we are just waiting for the guillotine to drop.”

The guillotine might drop on Stricklin himself if he doesn’t move quickly and decisively.

The game has been over for almost 20 hours. Moving quickly is out. Decisively, I will until about 7am, Monday morning!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I wonder if we have a lame duck AD who can't make the call even if he wanted to? We may have to see Stricklin canned first.

Interestingly I made reference to this matter in my email to Strichnine this AM. I said something to the effect that I know you have your own issues and am not even sure if you have the authority, but if not please step aside and let someone who does have the power to do so.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don't they realize that NO ONE WORTH A CRAP would uproot his family and take an assistant coaching job with an obvious lame duck at the helm? Add that to the fact that Mullen is reportedly awful to work for.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Don't they realize that NO ONE WORTH A CRAP would uproot his family and take an assistant coaching job with an obvious lame duck at the helm? Add that to the fact that Mullen is reportedly awful to work for.

It defies logic but thats the road we are headed down

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

I'd also throw in awful to play for, but his team has quit doing that.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Here's the problems with the boosters logic of "Give Dan One More Year With a Better Staff"....

1. Dan has shown an inability to make good hires, i.e. Jules for Gray, McGee for Johnson, Turner for Sunseri....Dan only hires from a small group of coaches he personally knows and trusts (Yes-Men)

2. To attract any mid-level coaches, you're going to have to give multi-year deals due to the fact that Dan is a dead-man walking...so instead of letting the 5/6 coaches contracts expire and pay the 12 million, we're going to end up being on the hook for likely 5-7 million on top of the 12 million when we do fire him next year....

3. The entire recruiting department needs an overhaul; not just the coaches. You need to clean house there as well and actually hire people who know what theyre doing....

4. Lastly, Dan is who is he is and that isn't changing. It's not a coincidence that as soon as coaches depart from this staff; they end up being better coaches and recruiters at their next stop. You could bring in the best OC and DC and the fact of the matter is the team will still be far from talented, underdeveloped, and play with zero heart because their Head Coach has no interest in being here and still dreams he is going to be a winner in the NFL with his 433343434 QB draw in a game....

The people making these decisions might be some of the dumbest people on the planet if Mullen is retained. Aside from needing someone to come in and rebuild our entire roster, we are essentially going to be waiting till 2030 to be relevant and that's only if the next hire is actually a good one....Fire Dan now and start the process a year sooner.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if we have a lame duck AD who can't make the call even if he wanted to? We may have to see Stricklin canned first.
I agree.

And people are at least writing that he may not be the one to make the call. That means there is at least smoke inside and they are getting the ok to print it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
More likely our entire list of commitments will decommit.

Honestly if there’s ever been a group that committed to a school above coaches, it’s this one. I wouldn’t be shocked to learn some of the commits have sent Stricklin an email as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.