SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to hang on to Robinson and Knox :lmao2:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The saddest thing is these are things that a real or a decent head coach would have done long ago. when you need people who you proclaim to be "beneath" you telling you what needs to be done, that tells me that the chief is not cut out to be chief.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has never coached without Hevesy around, FWIW.

Rearrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic. Pure window dressing to try to calm things, both of their contracts expired anyway.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I want blood. Everybody gone starting with Stricklin. Let’s do this thing right.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mullen has never coached without Hevesy around, FWIW.

Rearrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic. Pure window dressing to try to calm things, both of their contracts expired anyway.

All this does is give Cousin Eddie even more excuses when he gets his shyt pushed in later this year ." Well you know we are short handed on the staff, could not get the right prep time and reps in yada yada yada."

Secondly and with all due respect I don;t want any SOS interim BS. SOS does not want to REALLY work. Anybody doing anything over there now needs to be busting A$$. We don;t have the luxury of losing time. We need people over there cleaning the shyt out. That includes especially FOOLEY. Everything has got to be eradicated and bringing in 80 year olds who have no interest only slows things down. I realize we can't have a full time AD yet when Strichnine is fired, but I want someone over there 24/7 until they find a real AD. When a demolition is required, time is of the essence.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
My guess is that as a professional courtesy to his buddy, Mullen remains through the end of the year as they negotiate a "mutual" parting but Mullen simply can't remain after all this. You can't lose the fans AND the team and still have a job.

But you also can't fire literally the entire staff in the middle of the season... somebody has to get the guys off the bus and lead the team in the alma mater at the end of the game. I just think this is a two-part process. Possibly Stricklin "mutually parting" as well but after FSU.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
Secondly and with all due respect I don't want any SOS interim BS.
No, but I'd like to see SOS have veto power over the next hire. Not that he has to be the search committee... just the interim AD or whatever authority needed to say no.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, but I'd like to see SOS have veto power over the next hire. Not that he has to be the search committee... just the interim AD or whatever authority needed to say no.
That’s probably not a bad idea. He’s a winner and far enough removed to not be emotionally attached to anyone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He hired him. That move alone was his way of saying I know best and am willing to face the consequences. Guess what. They’re here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator