SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I keep going back and forth on this myself. I think a lot of the "signs" can be interpreted both ways, but I keep coming back to, he can't survive the debacle of this season no matter how incompetent our administration is. The spectacle of him quitting on us last year, the team quitting on him this year, the fans hate him, terrible recruiting, etc. You just know the last 2 games are going to be further debacles. I just can't believe he survives it. Firing him won't be cheaper next year and its a quick and easy way to throw the fans a bone and quiet the noise in the system.

The financial side is the main reason I believe he's gone. If it saved money to keep him I'd be worried but it makes zero sense from a financial stand point with all the assistants contracts expiring this year and the way his buy out is structured to keep him. That along with being a shyt coach, shyt recruiter and one of the most unlikeable mother fuchers on the planet. Also there's a lot of rumors going around that he's been caught with a Lt Raz's or Lt Jaz's (not sure on the spelling) girlfriend.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The financial side is the main reason I believe he's gone. If it saved money to keep him I'd be worried but it makes zero sense from a financial stand point with all the assistants contracts expiring this year and the way his buy out is structured to keep him. That along with being a shyt coach, shyt recruiter and one of the most unlikeable mother fuchers on the planet. Also there's a lot of rumors going around that he's been caught with a Lt Raz's or Lt Jaz's (not sure on the spelling) girlfriend.

Correct. In virtually every other potential firing scenario there's always some time window or date that behooves the school to simply kick the can. Between th3 7.6 itself, plus whatever buyouts we'd be responsible for with newly sign assistants, it's probably approaching 10 million to keep a lame duck coach for one more year.

Even the "current expensive contract climate" excuse makes no sense. When's the last time coaching salaries in general went down? If Tucker, Riley or anyone else get these types of deals done this year, does anyone really believe it won't be that high, or higher, next offseason? It's not a commodity. It's a price for a profession and it's not going anywhere but up. Sexton and others will be demanding that much more net year. So again, fiscally, there is absolutely no reason to keep him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are using a logical argument on an organization that has shown not to be logical. It's like listing all the reasons sofla isn't gonna burn the mfer down, but he is sofla

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They've always been terrible at it. But there have never been comments like "haven't heard from them in months" like have surfaced recently. They're just not doing it anymore. Throwing a few new offers to kids isn't recruiting.

At this point, I think if some here saw a for sale sign in Mullen's front yard, they'd go, "Probably just downsizing, perfect excuse for the Administration to talk about his commitment to being here". :lol:
You're just trolling at this point. I want him gone worse than anyone, but the narrative has CLEARLY changed.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I think it time to conclude the "Source" is nothing more that Ox's imaginary friend or worst.

Should change from "Source' to "Some drunk dude at 7-11"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You're just trolling at this point. I want him gone worse than anyone, but the narrative has CLEARLY changed.

Not trolling at all. Nor am I guaranteeing he’s gone(this year). But what narrative has completely changed? He’s not fulfilling parts of his contract. There’s not been a single rumor about coordinator hires. There was just a story on Jax.com using the word “firestorm” and talking about how everything has changed in recent weeks. National media is saying he’s on the cusp. Former players are accusing him of intentionally throwing the season on Twitter. And the one guy that could dispel all of this and end any speculation hasn’t been heard from in three months.

How exactly has the narrative changed for the positive? We all know it isn’t happening before season’s end. So it’s simply a matter of silence. That’s not an indication either way. It’a only an indication that nothing new has developed. If you notice, that tends to happen between Monday and Friday. Then Saturdays happen and it starts again. Again, not saying anything is final, but I’d be shocked if he’s back.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So any news about who MuLLLLLen is going after for new DC and OL coach? No rumors or leaks about theyve been contacted?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
This whole thread, the whole non-firing, it really saddens me.
Need a icon for "SAD"

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Raz, Jaz, girlfriend, wife - what's the diff? Sloppy seconds is sloppy seconds.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's itraz. Like iphone. Not sure what a traz is and I don't want to know.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 boards has the Kiffin to UF rumor picking up steam. Supposedly the boosters are pushing for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.