SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just saw a report regarding Coon Azz and their search. Had a top 3 board of Dumbo (of course), Bill O'Brien , Mark Stoops. Interesting if nothing else.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I will take Kiffin but I am very conflicted about the choice. If that will purge mullet from UF I will have to go along.

Kind of how I feel. It has come down to the scale of 'Do I hate Cousin Eddie more as head coach than I like (insert name here) as head coach"?

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
KIFFIN? Well, at least, he does have head coaching experience in the SEC. I'm not sure whether he made it the whole year with the vols.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
From an interview today:

While discussing the upcoming Florida-Mizzou game, the Head Ball Coach brought up the uncertainty surrounding Mullen’s future with the Gators at 5-5 on the season.

“Nobody knows exactly what our coaching situation is right now,” Spurrier said. “Nobody’s talking about it. I think it depends a lot on what happens the next two games.”

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
247 boards has the Kiffin to UF rumor picking up steam. Supposedly the boosters are pushing for that
I was at a conference all week where several of the other participants are big dwag fans. When they were done giving me a verbal beat down on the state of the UF program, they all admitted Kiffen was the last guy they wanted to see as the Gators HC. I have no love for Lane, but thought it was interesting that a bunch of Ugly fans are scared of him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was at a conference all week where several of the other participants are big dwag fans. When they were done giving me a verbal beat down on the state of the UF program, they all admitted Kiffen was the last guy they wanted to see as the Gators HC. I have no love for Lane, but thought it was interesting that a bunch of Ugly fans are scared of him.

It’s wishful thinking that we’ll even upgrade the head coach position. Everything points to Mullen being here at least another 6-8 years. There’ll be a stature unveiled next year if they can find someone to get the hunched over shoulders correct.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
From an interview today:

While discussing the upcoming Florida-Mizzou game, the Head Ball Coach brought up the uncertainty surrounding Mullen’s future with the Gators at 5-5 on the season.

“Nobody knows exactly what our coaching situation is right now,” Spurrier said. “Nobody’s talking about it. I think it depends a lot on what happens the next two games.”

If SOS thinks the next 2 games should/would have any effect on the thought on Cousin Eddie, then I don;t want him anywhere near anything when we shop for the next coach!

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
As much as I want dopey Dan gone, the reality is that Stoofland should not get to pick the next head coach. He should be fired, then the new AD should pick the new coach. As long as Strychnine is here, his career should be shackled to Dip****.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If SOS thinks the next 2 games should/would have any effect on the thought on Cousin Eddie, then I don;t want him anywhere near anything when we shop for the next coach!

He doesn’t. If anyone can smell a loser from a mile away, it’s Spurrier. I just thought it was interesting. Nothing says “safe” like the standard bearer of UF, who also happens to work in the same office, openly and voluntarily saying we’re not sure what’s going to happen while also acknowledging that the outcome of the last two games will determine if we keep this clown or not. If Steve had a flaw it was he didn’t always have a filter. Someone as entrenched as him saying this speaks volumes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn’t. If anyone can smell a loser from a mile away, it’s Spurrier. I just thought it was interesting. Nothing says “safe” like the standard bearer of UF, who also happens to work in the same office, openly and voluntarily saying we’re not sure what’s going to happen while also acknowledging that the outcome of the last two games will determine if we keep this clown or not. If Steve had a flaw it was he didn’t always have a filter. Someone as entrenched as him saying this speaks volumes.
I seriously doubt Stricklin keeps Spurrier in the loop on anything. He probably views him as just some kind of mascot. They probably don’t speak at all.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As much as I want dopey Dan gone, the reality is that Stoofland should not get to pick the next head coach. He should be fired, then the new AD should pick the new coach. As long as Strychnine is here, his career should be shackled to Dip****.

I don’t like Stricklin, but I’ll give him this. He quickly jumped on the death threats thing to launch McElwain. Then he did at least try to get big names before falling back. I’m not so much defending him or disagreeing that he’s not the guy for AD. But I’d rather give him a chance to hire someone just so we get a new HC. In that regard, I’ve changed, because I never thought DM would reach these lows. We simply can’t afford to wait another season. Ideally, both are out. But I’ll take DM being gone first if that’s the order it has to be.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I seriously doubt Stricklin keeps Spurrier in the loop on anything. He probably views him as just some kind of mascot. They probably don’t speak at all.

My goodness. Let’s just say that’s correct. One of the most influential Gators in history, who happens to be the Ambassador of the University, has openly stated that the last two games are critical. You really think fans, alum and boosters just sit by and do nothing, knowing that Spurrier has already acknowledged that this guy probably should be gone?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My goodness. Let’s just say that’s correct. One of the most influential Gators in history, who happens to be the Ambassador of the University, has openly stated that the last two games are critical. You really think fans, alum and boosters just sit by and do nothing, knowing that Spurrier has already acknowledged that this guy probably should be gone?
I don’t think Fuchs or Stricklin give a tin weasel about Spurrier’s opinion, and I’d be willing to bet Mullen absolutely hates the fact that Spurrier is around in general.

The administration doesn’t care about the fans, alums, or boosters, they think keeping him another year is the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator