SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
No wonder you have 6 different kinds of herpes.

Do you really think sucking Joey Freshwater will get that Douchebag testicles taste out of your mouth.
I don't even know what a Joey Freshwater is let alone have 6 different kinds of herpes.
In your experience do regular testicles taste better than douchebag testicles?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
From an interview today:

While discussing the upcoming Florida-Mizzou game, the Head Ball Coach brought up the uncertainty surrounding Mullen’s future with the Gators at 5-5 on the season.

“Nobody knows exactly what our coaching situation is right now,” Spurrier said. “Nobody’s talking about it. I think it depends a lot on what happens the next two games.”
Spurrier obviously hasn't talked to Ox's source.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If they wanted to fire him, why exactly haven’t they done it yet…like everyone else around the country that’s fired their duds?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
From an interview today:

While discussing the upcoming Florida-Mizzou game, the Head Ball Coach brought up the uncertainty surrounding Mullen’s future with the Gators at 5-5 on the season.

“Nobody knows exactly what our coaching situation is right now,” Spurrier said. “Nobody’s talking about it. I think it depends a lot on what happens the next two games.”
last 2 weeks it was all, "that was the final nail in the coffin" and "it's possible mullen may be fired Monday." 2 weeks straight of that narrative. Now it's wait and see the last 2 games.

Again, I view these comments thru the lens of a couple of incompetents who drag their feet and are resistant to making a change instead of being definitive and moving quickly in order to get the jump on other power players also making moves.

If anything, this is spurrier subtly pushing them to do something, anything, anything at all bc he's a disgrace and is destroying the program more with each day that goes by.

I also tend to feel similar to Ox about spurriers influence. Foley clearly has no interest in his position, and strick appears to be a foleyite.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Isn't it possible, like many have been saying here and other places, that they are just working on a buyout and they will "mutually" agree that it isn't working out? Maybe that's why the news is that he isn't getting fired. Because they are calling it a mutual separation when really its just him getting canned because he failed epically.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't it possible, like many have been saying here and other places, that they are just working on a buyout and they will "mutually" agree that it isn't working out? Maybe that's why the news is that he isn't getting fired. Because they are calling it a mutual separation when really its just him getting canned because he failed epically.
Anything's possible. It's possible Christ could return and step in as our next HC. Possible is essentially irrelevant.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
last 2 weeks it was all, "that was the final nail in the coffin" and "it's possible mullen may be fired Monday." 2 weeks straight of that narrative. Now it's wait and see the last 2 games.

Again, I view these comments thru the lens of a couple of incompetents who drag their feet and are resistant to making a change instead of being definitive and moving quickly in order to get the jump on other power players also making moves.

If anything, this is spurrier subtly pushing them to do something, anything, anything at all bc he's a disgrace and is destroying the program more with each day that goes by.

I also tend to feel similar to Ox about spurriers influence. Foley clearly has no interest in his position, and strick appears to be a foleyite.

Maybe I missed it. Where was the “possible to be fired by Monday” article? Final nail is something from which you don’t recover, which is an apt description of the Usce game. The “imminent” quote—also indicative of damage already done—was Sunday. I don’t recall any defined timeline, other than to say it wouldn’t be during the season, which cam out early this week.

Again, I’m not denying that there isn’t some desire to keep him from Stricklin. I’m saying that there’s no turning back. If by some miracle we blow out fsu and mizzou, he may get next year. But I don’t see a scenario where that happens. In any event, the groundwork is being laid and he’s gone at some point soon, quite possibly on mutual terms.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I missed it. Where was the “possible to be fired by Monday” article? Final nail is something from which you don’t recover, which is an apt description of the Usce game. The “imminent” quote—also indicative of damage already done—was Sunday. I don’t recall any defined timeline, other than to say it wouldn’t be during the season, which cam out early this week.

Again, I’m not denying that there isn’t some desire to keep him from Stricklin. I’m saying that there’s no turning back. If by some miracle we blow out fsu and mizzou, he may get next year. But I don’t see a scenario where that happens. In any event, the groundwork is being laid and he’s gone at some point soon, quite possibly on mutual terms.
I agree hell be gone soon, but soon doesn't necessarily mean before sometime next season. There were multiple articles after both the SC and then the samford debacles from notable sports websites that made the " don't be surprised if" in reference to Monday morning after the disaster. Until it didn't happen this past Monday. And then this week I started seeing a noticeable change in the info coming out. First with the, nothing will happen until after the season, followed soon after by the he may still be safe for now, etc.

It's whatever at this point. But if the UA was even half as concerned about the catastrophic damage he's doing daily as we are, something would have happened by now, even if it was similar to the ogre situation, i.e. "we have mutually agreed to part ways after the season." Or something like that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So in spite of losing four of the last six; in spite of the utter embarrassment of giving up 42 first-half points to a PAL opponent a week ago; in spite of fans, media, message boards, Meta and soccer moms calling for his head, Dan Mullen continues to be our coach.

I think we should give the guy a raise and extension for executing one of the great Houdini acts of our time. We’re no longer a college football team. We’ve become one large traveling circus with Mullen as chief magician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator