SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Shocker! As I’ve said before, as long as Strict is AD and making the call, Dan the Man is safe.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
overflowing-toilet.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The funny thing is ALL of Mullin's DC hires have been terrible. Statistically, as hard as it is to believe, Grantham is the best of the lot of those bottom 20'ers.

Mullinz hires from his inner circle and Stricklins hires fired coaches because they are cheap with the other team paying. Manny Diaz is free. Expect to see him again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me when I say I hope this source is dead wrong. However, I can assure you it comes from the mouth of someone who would know what discussions are being had on the inside.

My feeling is that if Mullen was going to be fired, he would already be gone by now.

However, I do wonder that if UF totally goes down in flames the last two games, if this decision is flexible.

The worst part is that the closer we get to ESD, the worse the transition will be. Colleges are already lining up the replacements and replacement interviews.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
My real worry is what kind of public humiliation or indignation will the program need to suffer for him to be fired? Or put another way, if this isn’t rock bottom than what the Eff is??

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Been saying it all along… we are stuck with him. Our admins are totally satisfied with Dan Mullen at the helm. They know he’s never gonna win a title; and that’s ok with them, because they don’t have title expectations or aspirations. Football is a sideshow to people like them.

I said a few weeks ago that I’d expect them to get into a bidding war with another school for a gender studies professor long before they ever hit this market looking for a coach. These clowns think they’re making a principled stand for the rest of the CFB world to learn from. About the only thing we can hope for are blowout losses of epic proportions that hits an embarrassment level so high they can’t escape from it. But, even then, I’m not sure they’d budge.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lol...people actually worried about ESD. Aint nothing happening between now and then except commits decommitting, offers going out to unranked kids and talent on our roster testing the waters in the portal.

Stricklin's debacle has clogged the toilet.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
we shall see after FSU. We will be bad I assume next year if hes retained, and then that should finally be it after year 5.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
At least half this team is checked out and has quit on him, no way they win these last 2 games. Dan will be gone in 2 weeks, and he'll be happy to go with his sack of money. I also hate the thought of Stricklin making the next hire, so what would be the timeline on his dismissal? Is it not possible to think he could be gone by the end of season too?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is actually more expensive to fire him next year. His 6 mil buyout remains the same, but we will be stuck with any buyouts for coaches we hire this year. you usually have to pay far more or guarantee far more to hire a coach to come to the last 9-10 months of a soon to be fired coach's dumpster fire.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My real worry is what kind of public humiliation or indignation will the program need to suffer for him to be fired? Or put another way, if this isn’t rock bottom than what the Eff is??
Well, getting blown out in the Swamp in a couple of weeks by 4-6 FSU would be getting pretty close.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At least half this team is checked out and has quit on him, no way they win these last 2 games. Dan will be gone in 2 weeks, and he'll be happy to go with his sack of money. I also hate the thought of Stricklin making the next hire, so what would be the timeline on his dismissal? Is it not possible to think he could be gone by the end of season too?
I'm not saying it's impossible, but there hasn't been a single indication or hint anywhere from any source in America that Stricklin's job is in jeopardy.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Okay, after total silence since the USC game, I got an unexpected email this morning. It contained two things, one regarding UF and one regarding Miami, which I'll start a separate thread about.

Quite simply, it was reiterated that UF will NOT be firing Dan Mullen. What happens over the next two games does not appear will impact the decision to retain him.

I admit I find this both unbelievable and totally believable at the same time.

Discuss.

gif.gif

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Completely irresponsible.

We currntly have a UCF/USF level recruiting class and will probably get far worse next year.

We wont dig out from this for a decade. Get used to fighting USC and Vandy for last.
true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.